Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

F U FOX!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
jcmint said:
JoshHamilton said:
jlvjr16 said:
JUST GOT MY POPS-IN-LAW TO LEND ME HIS CONVERTERER!!!!!

F CABLEVISION!!!! I GOT A $115 FINE FOR DOUBLE PARKING IN THE BRONX ALL BECAUSE I WENT TO BEST BUY IN THE BRONX...

And that's Cablevision's fault...how?

I am not too sure you know the full story with cablevision in NY. They have been playing these games for a few years. Most cablevision subscribers can go right over to verizon for better service and a better price. No nfl network either.

Oh I'm sure Cablevision sucks balls, like most other cable companies.

I was just wondering what that had to do withhim getting a ticket

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
JoshHamilton said:
Is $10 gonna bankrupt you or something?

For the people paying upwards of $180/month to cablevision....

Yes! $10 is not something I want to pay! Even if I get it back in 2-3 months, is it really worth the wait???

I was on triple play for 2 years and now they up you to normal pricing. They never budge or give a promotion again, even if competitors are throwing offers at you. Cablevision is made up of pompus, arrogant, nasty people who think they have power.

I'll be a FIOS customer on November 6th, but until then I am still paying them up the ass for this crap. $10 is stupid to dish out.

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
jcmint said:
JoshHamilton said:
jlvjr16 said:

F CABLEVISION!!!! I GOT A $115 FINE FOR DOUBLE PARKING IN THE BRONX ALL BECAUSE I WENT TO BEST BUY IN THE BRONX...

I am not too sure you know the full story with cablevision in NY. They have been playing these games for a few years. Most cablevision subscribers can go right over to verizon for better service and a better price. No nfl network either.

IF CABLEVISION HAD FOX TODAY, I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN GOING TO BEST BUY TODAY. WENT TO BEST BUY TO GET A PARKING TICKET THAN AN ANTENNA. SIMPLY.

Jul 30, 2009
Could you imagine the riots in NYC if the Yanks made it to the WS and many wouldnt be able to watch it in their home?

Its Cablevisions fault, they are a garbage company with horrible customer service.. They've had simillar problems over the last few years. In 2002 or 2003 they stopped carrying YES and I gave them a big FU by switching to directv and love it.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
jlvjr16 said:
JoshHamilton said:
jcmint said:
JoshHamilton said:
jlvjr16 said:

IF CABLEVISION HAD FOX TODAY, I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN GOING TO BEST BUY TODAY. WENT TO BEST BUY TO GET A PARKING TICKET THAN AN ANTENNA. SIMPLY.

Ha. Wow. A psychiatrist would have a field day with that

And NEC, $180??? Is that for cable/Internet/home phone?

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
jlvjr16 said:
JoshHamilton said:
jcmint said:
JoshHamilton said:
[quote="jlvjr16":pj90vo24]JUST GOT MY POPS-IN-LAW TO LEND ME HIS CONVERTERER!!!!!

Ha. Wow. A psychiatrist would have a field day with that

And NEC, $180??? Is that for cable/Internet/home phone?[/quote:pj90vo24]

RANGAS SUK

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Your lack of cranial function sucks. Congrats on your parking ticket though.

You should hire a lawyer and file a suit against Cablevision. I'm sure you'll make millions

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Yes. It's roughly $180/month for...

Cable
Internet
Phone
HBO
Showtime
2 Cable Boxes (1 is DVR)
Taxes/fees/equipment charges

When it was on triple play, it came to $120/month in total for everything. We had that for 2 years and finally it expired. Cablevision gave us nothing as a promotion after that and it went to $180/month.

I asked them about removing the phone, but really it just drops about $10/month. They really sucker you into taking the phone by making it so cheap.

I just got a great deal from FIOS for $120/month in total for Cable/Internet/Phone, HBO & showtime, 2 multi-room DVR boxes, taxes & fees, 2-year no obligation contract. No set-up fees and no cancellation fees.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Good god, man.

I only have cable, no home phone (who needs it) or internet (someone forgot to protect their network, so I take advantage of that. Regardless, I have 3G on my phone and can tether if the wireless connection isn't working).

I pay $60.

Even if I had the bundle, I'd pay $100 tops, maybe $12/month more for premium channels.

Either Cablevision sucks or the cost of living in NY is out of this world expensive

Sorry, dude. Move to Texas and be a rancher

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
JoshHamilton said:
Good god, man.

I only have cable, no home phone (who needs it) or internet (someone forgot to protect their network, so I take advantage of that. Regardless, I have 3G on my phone and can tether if the wireless connection isn't working).

I pay $60.

Even if I had the bundle, I'd pay $100 tops, maybe $12/month more for premium channels.

Either Cablevision sucks or the cost of living in NY is out of this world expensive

Sorry, dude. Move to Texas and be a rancher

its a NY thang

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
CAROLINA BOSOX said:
That is truly un American. I don't see how they can get away with that. If enough customers complain maybe they will find a way to show the games. Sorry for the crappy cable service, TBP.

Isn't he cute. On the contrary, it is absolutely American. Long before baseball was even invented came American capitalism.

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
good god i didn't realize cable/internet went up so much. i have U-verse 450 pkg w/ 8 receivers, 32M internet service, and 2 phone lines for $60 per month. of course i'm sure it helps a little bit that i'm an engineering manager for AT&T.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Adam I just cant see why people are still with cablevision. For the people who agree with cablevision seriously man wake up you are getting robbed. Verizon is better in every facet and we all pay less. I am at 150 and have all the movie channels and a land line phone which is something anyone with a house needs. if you dont have a landline phone when the cable goes out your alarm goes off everytime. Not cool at 3am

NECpilgrims8 said:
JoshHamilton said:
Is $10 gonna bankrupt you or something?

For the people paying upwards of $180/month to cablevision....

Yes! $10 is not something I want to pay! Even if I get it back in 2-3 months, is it really worth the wait???

I was on triple play for 2 years and now they up you to normal pricing. They never budge or give a promotion again, even if competitors are throwing offers at you. Cablevision is made up of pompus, arrogant, nasty people who think they have power.

I'll be a FIOS customer on November 6th, but until then I am still paying them up the ass for this crap. $10 is stupid to dish out.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
sheetskout said:
CAROLINA BOSOX said:
That is truly un American. I don't see how they can get away with that. If enough customers complain maybe they will find a way to show the games. Sorry for the crappy cable service, TBP.

Isn't he cute. On the contrary, it is absolutely American. Long before baseball was even invented came American capitalism.

Your'e cute too! I bet more Americans would rather watch baseball than capitalism on TV. You would think good buisness practice would consist of getting the paying customers what they want. If I didn't take care of my customers I wouldn't have any anymore.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
CAROLINA BOSOX said:
Your'e cute too! I bet more Americans would rather watch baseball than capitalism on TV. You would think good buisness practice would consist of getting the paying customers what they want. If I didn't take care of my customers I wouldn't have any anymore.

I bet more watch CNBC (capitalism) today than are watching the WS tonight. :lol:

EDIT: Found some numbers for CNBC (albeit from Sept 2010). If CNBC in Oct is still representative at about 155,000 total day viewers, the WS outdraw it by quite a bit - around 15M viewers for game 1).

Baseball is my favorite sport so I'll watch it. CNBC is up there among my favorite pay tv channels so I watch it too.

The only government intervention in retrans disputes I would like to see is baseball-style arbitration __in retransmission consent cases only__ if a dispute isn't settled before 48 hours to contract cutoff. That should give arbitrators 48 hours to see if the programmer and pay-tv outlet can reach an agreement before having to cut off the channel(s).

Things like this are fun for me, though... it never ceases to amaze me how many people think that over-the-air channels don't exist unless they are on DBS/cable/fiber. Watching them off-air is the by far the best - they are at their highest quality before the pay-tv providers bastardize them down to a lower res/lower bitrate signal.

I only have the locals on my DBS service for the convenience of point and shoot DVR'ing them if there are conflicts in shows I want to watch. Other than DVR recordings, I watch all my local channels by antenna for their maximum quality and the DBS is used for pay-tv channels.

EDITED TO FIX QUOTED USERNAME

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Unfortunately, the market for cable TV doesn't exactly function well. It's a regulated monopoly. Where I live, if you want cable you have 1 choice in Comcast. Obviously, I could choose to go with DirecTV or Dish but for cable it's Comcast or nothing.

Members online

Latest posts