Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

-Go Blue- The Official Dodgers Thread(All things Dodgers)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Yes, let's.

I love that "we" only made minor moves before the deadline. Coletti didn't jettison any prospects to speak of, and we picked up Nolasco and Wilson. If Wilson works out, home run. If he doesn't, well, all that's lost is $1M. I hear Giants fans compare signing Wilson to signing Jason Schmidt. Yeah, it's exactly the same... well, except Scmidt was handed $47M.

Anyway, I don't mind our lineup at all. Yeah, I'd love to have an upgrade to Uribe, but he's hitting decently in his contract year. The Ellises are carrying their own, Ethier is heating up, Kemp's coming back soon (hopefully for good), pitching staff 1-3 is fantastic, and I don't mind trotting Nolasco out at 4. League is starting to pitch like he's supposed to, so we can throw Belisario, Wilson, League and Jansen in the late innings. I like our chances.

After living through successive bad ownership since the O'Malleys, I love love love that money is being spent on the team. I'm not a bit ashamed or sorry that people compare our spending to the Yankees or Red Sox. We should be spending money. It's LA, fer cryin' out loud. The other thing I'm excited to see money being thrown at is our farm system, particularly in Latin America. I can't wait to see our farm returned to it's former glory. Having big names in the lineup now is all fine and good, but sooner or later those contracts will be albatrosses and I'd like to see some great kids in the pipeline again.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I agree with everything you posted TNP. It will be nice that not all of the set up guys will have to pitch every night. They now have options coming out of the pen and I like that.

bigbov

Jun 26, 2012
Minoa, NY
Thanks for starting this thread OP... def fun right now. I am also very happy w/ our deals. Nolasco has pitched well in every start he has made in blue and if Wilson helps in 'pen for only $1mil that's stealing!! I would like to see Fife get back to the 5 spot w/ Cap being used for long relief. Love Cap but he is too inconsistent... think he has 4 scoreless starts and 4 starts w/ allowing at least 5 ER's. Couldn't help but think that Kuroda should still be a Dodger while watching the game the other night... wished this ownership was in place a couple years ago. Oh well. GO BLUE.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
Nice to see the Dodgers finally spending money. Love the hustle Puig has brought to the team. Kershaw will win multiple CY awards. Our future is BRIGHT!!!!!

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I also like the fact that Hanley is happy and playing like a kid again. He is going out there having fun and tearing up the league. Multiple commentators on MLB Channel have stated they think he is the best player in the N.L. right now. I couldn't agree more, and that is saying a lot as there are quite a few players tearing it up out there right now.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
For those that watch every day, what has been the key to Hanley's resurgence?

Edit: looks like Alex answered my question as I was typing it up lol. Thanks

Last edited:

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
For those that watch every day, what has been the key to Hanley's resurgence?

MLB Channel was talking about what playing for a winning WBC team did for him and his confidence. Not only is he healthy he knows what it feels like to play for a winner. And I tend to agree with them on this. He also has Puig out there playing with little league enthusiasm and I think this helps Hanley just enjoy the game more. Also he is back playing his natural Shortstop position and it would make anyone happy to play the position they love to play.

Dmscards

Apr 2, 2013
Los Angeles
The team dynamic is so strong right now. Everyone seems to
Enjoy each other I think that Puig and Hanley have inspired Uribe to
Play better as well.

bigbov

Jun 26, 2012
Minoa, NY
I also like the fact that Hanley is happy and playing like a kid again. He is going out there having fun and tearing up the league. Multiple commentators on MLB Channel have stated they think he is the best player in the N.L. right now. I couldn't agree more, and that is saying a lot as there are quite a few players tearing it up out there right now.

This.

Could end up winning an MVP award ;)

Dmscards

Apr 2, 2013
Los Angeles
Thanks for starting this thread OP... def fun right now. I am also very happy w/ our deals. Nolasco has pitched well in every start he has made in blue and if Wilson helps in 'pen for only $1mil that's stealing!! I would like to see Fife get back to the 5 spot w/ Cap being used for long relief. Love Cap but he is too inconsistent... think he has 4 scoreless starts and 4 starts w/ allowing at least 5 ER's. Couldn't help but think that Kuroda should still be a Dodger while watching the game the other night... wished this ownership was in place a couple years ago. Oh well. GO BLUE.

Cap is pitching another gem!

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
13 consecutive road wins! Hope Puig was just taken out as a precaution. Sick catch, but the more times he makes those, he just opens himself up for injury.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
did Puig actually sign at the Natty? I wonder if his injury prevented signing autos (and Panini might have to issue redemptions) or if that was fine.

It's definitely been exciting watching the Dodgers since Puig's callup - hasn't been exciting watching the Isotopes roster constantly looted as it's hurt the win/loss record, but I know Triple-A has the emphasis on development and less on actually winning games so Albuquerque is doing a great job
for the dodgers.

Also excited that Dodgertalk is finally podcasted this year - it's must must-listen-to podcast every day the Dodgers play just to hear Kevin Kennedy's analysis of the game that I watched or saw extended highlights from.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
21445_486921418057040_2094625361_n.jpg

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
While I'm excited for the win, I hope it didn't come at the cost of another stint on the DL for Hanley. I just heard on the MLB network that it's being called a jammed shoulder. MRI tomorrow. Ethier took a pitch off the inside of his back knee that didn't look fun, either.

Members online