Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

-Go Blue- The Official Dodgers Thread(All things Dodgers)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbov

Jun 26, 2012
Minoa, NY
Seeing how he is one of the best bunters on the team they should have let him hit and advance the runner.

agreed... seeing how punto screwed it up after uribe leads off w/ double. I assume the pinch hitter was supposed to bat w/ a guy on 3rd not 1st! Clayton had labored the last 2 innings though. Might not be a terrible thing to have a start where he didn't throw 110 pitches. Need a big game out of Nolasco tonight.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
agreed... seeing how punto screwed it up after uribe leads off w/ double. I assume the pinch hitter was supposed to bat w/ a guy on 3rd not 1st! Clayton had labored the last 2 innings though. Might not be a terrible thing to have a start where he didn't throw 110 pitches. Need a big game out of Nolasco tonight.

I have medium expectations for Nolasco, I have never followed him so I am not sure what he is really like. It is more of a I don't want to be disappointed approach if he doesn't work out. But I am not rooting against him at all. I am just ignorant to his pitching accolades, is all.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Shoot, if Mattingly needed to pinch hit for Kershaw, he should have sent Greinke up there. Dude's batting over .400!

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Shoot, if Mattingly needed to pinch hit for Kershaw, he should have sent Greinke up there. Dude's batting over .400!

Yeah I didn't understand the whole move. Did he think he was going to get the lead with one swing of the bat? They haven't been playing Big Ball all season, why start now?

bigbov

Jun 26, 2012
Minoa, NY
I have medium expectations for Nolasco, I have never followed him so I am not sure what he is really like. It is more of a I don't want to be disappointed approach if he doesn't work out. But I am not rooting against him at all. I am just ignorant to his pitching accolades, is all.

I'm the same... didn't know much about him til he became a Dodger. All his starts have been decent for us so far. I have watched a couple and he seems to pitch backwards by featuring breaking stuff and then sneaking a 93mph fastball in. Have they said whether or not it's going to be Fife or Cap as #5 ?? I really like Fife... been a pleasant surprise this year.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I'm the same... didn't know much about him til he became a Dodger. All his starts have been decent for us so far. I have watched a couple and he seems to pitch backwards by featuring breaking stuff and then sneaking a 93mph fastball in. Have they said whether or not it's going to be Fife or Cap as #5 ?? I really like Fife... been a pleasant surprise this year.

Not sure about the Fife/Cap issue. What I do know is that Cap is either HOT or COLD no in between. And that forces the Dodgers to either score a lot or lose.

bigbov

Jun 26, 2012
Minoa, NY
Nice win tonight... 13 runs w/o an HR!! Hope there is some more tomorrow. Nolasco wasn't great but now 3-1 in Blue.

bigbov

Jun 26, 2012
Minoa, NY
Anybody watching last night? That was IN-SANE

I was at work. I have the luxury of being a supervisor in a poker room w/ plenty of TV's. I was jumping up and down when Gonzo scored and had do that moment where u turn around & everyone is staring @ you!! Well worth it.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Anyone looking for an organized, friendly hobby shop near Los Angeles hit me up!

I'll be at the game in a few hours, go Blue!

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Can't believe I woke up to a Dodgers win! Last thing I remember before I fell asleep is that Tampa had two on in the top of the 9th.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Anyone hear the stat they just said on ESPN? Kershaw has the lowest ERA of any pitcher since 1920 with 1000 innings and 100 starts. Whitey Ford is 2 and Koufax 3. Insane!

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Another great series for the men in Blue. These guys just find a way to win. That win in the 9th blew me away. I went to bed thinking it was over. Woke up to HELL YEAH!!! :) 17 Games over .500 while the jack-o-lantern heads are 13 games BELOW .500. I LOVE THIS GAME!!!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Dee Gordon's fielding is brutal!

yes, surprised the Dodgers didn't punish him with a "Dee Gordon optioned to Albuquerque and Justin Sellers recalled from Albuquerque".

BTW, Dodgers just wrapped up another win -- this time 4-2 against the Muts. I'll have to check the standings in a few mins when they get updated to see how far the Dodgers are from having the best record in baseball. I'm guessing they can't be too many GB of that mark with their incredible run.

Dmscards

Apr 2, 2013
Los Angeles
yes, surprised the Dodgers didn't punish him with a "Dee Gordon optioned to Albuquerque and Justin Sellers recalled from Albuquerque".

BTW, Dodgers just wrapped up another win -- this time 4-2 against the Muts. I'll have to check the standings in a few mins when they get updated to see how far the Dodgers are from having the best record in baseball. I'm guessing they can't be too many GB of that mark with their incredible run.

Looks like 2.5 GB of Boston and 15.5 games ahead of the vagiants!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Looks like 2.5 GB of Boston and 15.5 games ahead of the vagiants!

my quick calculations show 2 GB of Boston for 2nd best record in MLB and 3.5GB of Atlanta for best record in baseball.

At the rate the Dodgers continue to win, I think they might have the best record in baseball by the end of the week! ;)

Members online