Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
coqxxx4 said:
DR Steve- Those are some great cards....Can't Wait to see more

EVERYONE ????
Some of the UD Ball Park Redemption Auto on eBay state that it will be the first White Sox Auto, Does anyone know if this is true?

According to the checklist on UD site, it says his team is the reds....also has a picture of the jersey auto card with him pictured as a red, same as the few logo's /5 we've been seeing. I could be wrong though...or UD could be wrong...

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Also,. if you look at the Griffey Auto redemptions, there are different numbers as well

KEN GRIFFEY JR
2008 MLB UPPER DECK BALLPARK COLLECTION SINGLE SWATCH JERSEY AUTOGRAPHS NO #ING CD # SA-43

sa-43.jpg

I also picked up an SA-72 as well...

sa-72.jpg

I hope they come as Whitesox auto's, but I wont hold my breath..

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
Okay you Griffey guys, I've got a question. We've all seen the infamous 1995 SP autographed cards that have been given out for just about anything - there must thousands of them. My question is this, has UD ever put out a buyback that has the silver version autographed? I think this would be a nice card to have an auto on and I was just curious. Thanks.

Bruce

Roy Birchler

Aug 7, 2008
Northern California
LaneyB said:
Okay you Griffey guys, I've got a question. We've all seen the infamous 1995 SP autographed cards that have been given out for just about anything - there must thousands of them. My question is this, has UD ever put out a buyback that has the silver version autographed? I think this would be a nice card to have an auto on and I was just curious. Thanks.

Bruce

2001 SP Authentic BuyBacks #32 Ken Griffey Jr. 95 Silver/ 2

This is only one I know about, but have never seen one.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Roy Birchler said:
LaneyB said:

Bruce

2001 SP Authentic BuyBacks #32 Ken Griffey Jr. 95 Silver/ 2

This is only one I know about, but have never seen one.

that be a sweet one to have

spsilver.jpg

brinn1

Sep 2, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Can anyone tell which KG # this is? Same picture is on /750 cards if you have a pile of those lying around. The sellers of these American hero Griffey auto cards drive me crazy (crazier), by not putting the KG #.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-UD-SPX-Ken-Gri ... 286.c0.m14

The guy is asking way too much ($250 to $300 is my top I'll pay) but I'd love to get #47/100 if its one I need.

I wrote him, but sometimes its days before they answer.

Any help appreciated

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
brinn1 said:
PINBREAKER

Thank you very much, very helpful, now it will be fairly simple.
Didn't know there was a checklist with pictures
S

I looked to see if they had the pictures for the auto /3 checklist and there wasn't any.. I'm guessing the auto'd versions are the same as the regular card..

Good luck on the set..

brinn1

Sep 2, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hey people,

Next post from the collection are 2 cards. They are 2 of a set of 4 I know of. They are Ultimate Tandem Signature Logo Patch cards, double sided, Griffey on one side and one of 4 players on the other. The 2 I'm posting are Griffey / Pujols 1/1, and Griffey / Thomas 1/1. The Griffey / Jeter card was offered to me 3 different times but I wouldn't pay the outrageous price they wanted. As far as I know (and please correct me if I'm wrong), the 4th card is Griffey / Ortiz although I've never seen the card- Have any of you? I paid $1400 for the G/Thomas one and $2500 for the G/Pujols. The G/Jetter was offered at $6000 to $10000 (insane as far as I'm concerned).

At any rate here is the 2 sides of the Griffey/ Pujols card 1/1

100608001.jpg

100608002.jpg

Here is the Griffey / Thomas card 1/1 both sides

100608003.jpg

100608004.jpg

robe28

Aug 10, 2008
Hi guys

The thing I love most about this thread is seeing the great griffey everyone else on the thread has. Steve those cards are absolutely amazing, what an awesome collection keep em coming.

Rob

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
Pinbreaker said:
I picked up this yesterday for $48

Ken Griffey Jr. 2008 UDX Authentic Autographed Card

10/6/2008 KEN GRIFFEY JR
2008 MLB UPPER DECK X UDX SIGNATURES NO #ING CD # KG Athlete committed to signing soon, please be patient. 10/6/2008

I have only seen a few of these on EBAY, so they might be limited more than the Ballpark Collections auto..

Hey man, good luck with the redemption. I hope it's a really nice, sp'd card for you. I don't have anything incoming right now, wish I did.

brinn1

Sep 2, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
10/6/2008 KEN GRIFFEY JR
2008 MLB UPPER DECK X UDX SIGNATURES NO #ING CD # KG Athlete committed to signing soon, please be patient. 10/6/2008

There's another one up now, I may go for. With no numbering, what are the chances it will be more short printed than other un numbered autos?

Members online

Latest posts