Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Happy Topps Day!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Rip Party not withstanding, today’s Topps Series 1 Hobby release day.

A sure sign that baseball's not too far away.

Crazy prices and Covid threatening Opening Day aside, it’s still one of the best baseball days of the year...

Enjoy!

Last edited:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
My place had them at $32 per Jumbo.

I did one cuz the owner helped me out with a $20 errand for free.

I did get a Black, which are numbered to 70 this year.

The Rainbow foil look great, which is probably a good indicator the Chrome will look good too...

E773A8A0-914C-425C-8D24-3A2BC6ED66D4.jpeg

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
So I was trawling ebay as usual and found this:

Apparently Robbie Alomar is featured as one of this year's ULTRA SSP'S in the Topps flagship set. I really hadn't paid that much attention to these things over the past few years, but reading up a bit now I see that these unannounced SPs, SSPs, and Ultra SSPs are the hot thing. The Ultra's maybe have 5 copies? Pack odds are like 1 in the 10's of thousands. I don't think it will sell for $800, but it will certainly fetch several hundreds. Jebus.

But to the point of this thread - yeah, happy Topps day! It is a tradition, and a ritual of sorts. Love them or hate them, Topps is the mainstay. So it definitely feels like 2021 now.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
The odds for the gold card are pretty good. Not ! 1 in 490,350 o_O

That was for the History Of Topps Golds, which I assume are 1/1. But Topps really did crank up the presses for S1, the odds for many of the parallels seem significantly higher than last years. My Jumbo case gave me two Blacks, one Advanced, and one Red; my average Jumbo case is one Camo, at least one each Blue and Pink, for or five Blacks, and a dozen or so combined Independence, Vintage, and Advanced. Maybe I do better than average, but the odds seem to back me up.

But I did get one of these....

Attachments

• IMG_20210210_0001.jpg
    IMG_20210210_0001.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 7

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Those odds for jumbo packs are brutal. Back when I used to get a jumbo box of each series in the early to mid '10s I remember the Golds being practically 1 per pack some years and Blacks about one per box. Production has really increased in the last 5 years. Going way into the future I wonder how noticeable the quantity of RCs available for 2021 vs. like 2012 is going to be...if the hobby contracts in future years the present might be thought of as "junk" years like us older collectors think of the late '80s/early '90s...if the hobby stays popular for a long time then the less-produced years of base Topps might be thought of as relatively rare.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
That was for the History Of Topps Golds, which I assume are 1/1. But Topps really did crank up the presses for S1, the odds for many of the parallels seem significantly higher than last years. My Jumbo case gave me two Blacks, one Advanced, and one Red; my average Jumbo case is one Camo, at least one each Blue and Pink, for or five Blacks, and a dozen or so combined Independence, Vintage, and Advanced. Maybe I do better than average, but the odds seem to back me up.

But I did get one of these....

Just a quick glance at the odds makes it look like they doubled production compared to 2020 Series 1.

Members online