Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Help on 1998 Pinnacle Stand Up Samples

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
clarkfan said:
Anyone know the value or a recent sale on the sample card #21 AB with Eddie Murray Paul Molitor Rickey Henderson and Ryne Sandberg? Just picked one up listed poorly and wanted to know if anyone had seen a recent sale on it or not. Figured it had enough big name players on it, it should be a good one, but I've never had one. Thanks!

The only pair I've seen (missed the poorly listed one) went for $28 to a fellow Sandberg collector.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
theplasticman said:
clarkfan said:
Anyone know the value or a recent sale on the sample card #21 AB with Eddie Murray Paul Molitor Rickey Henderson and Ryne Sandberg? Just picked one up listed poorly and wanted to know if anyone had seen a recent sale on it or not. Figured it had enough big name players on it, it should be a good one, but I've never had one. Thanks!

I'll give you $5 :D

$5 and the Clark promos you have I need and its yours :lol:

HawaiianLance

Aug 7, 2008
clarkfan said:
I was under the assumption they were released or given away as pairs AB & CD together. Is that not true? Just surprised I see them for sale often split apart. Most of the ones I've sold have always been the 2 pieces put together.

That's accurate. <nod>

The reason you find them separated so often is due to ... well, let's just say that many dealers are 'entrepreneurially opportunistic' and leave it at that. <wink>

ajw RE: Actually Standing Up.

It's never as impressive as you hope it would be. <g>

But I love that you "get" the marketing behind the idea. <nod of respect>

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
The Murray/Sandberg/Molitor/Henderson Stand Up Guys Sample card I picked up was listed as only 1 side, 21AB, but when I got it in, it was actually both of the cards still sealed in original wrap. Glad that seller wasn't very smart, I plan on making at least $125 on it. I would just rather trade it for a Clark promo I need, but I doubt that will happen.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
AndruwHRJones said:
ajw said:
Personally, I think if $80 isn't out of your range, then you should pick 'em up. With stuff like this, you never know when you'll have another chance.
Good luck!

Well, he has 10 sets listed in that auction, so I always figure they will be there when and if I decide to spend that much.

I check today and he has upped his price to $100 and now has 16 sets available.

Members online

Latest posts