Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I Hope You Didn't Just Buy This Ichiro Patch for $1750

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
How the f--- was I supposed to know he was a known patch faker??

I have seen Topps patches like that one in TTT and other products....all I was wondering is how the hell you guys knew for sure it was fake.

jcmint said:
You my friend do a good job of tracking these dolts but yet there are always doubters who need more evidence. There is a simple thing called common sense and sometimes it gets lost.

mrwhitesox30 said:
scotty21690 said:
nyc3 said:
scotty21690 said:
I understand that is how it's done but how do you guys know it didn't come out of the pack like that? Was this same card and #ing sold before with just jersey swatches?

Do I know 100%, no. Would I put money on it being fake, yes. Here is what the majority of Ichiros look like in this product.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-Triple-Threads ... 720wt_1139

and some times

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-Triple-Threads ... _500wt_922
That is not concrete evidence. The patch is from an AS game (warmups or w/e) and Topps uses a hell of a lot of those in their products.

I am not saying it has no chance to be fake, but I am giving the seller the benefit of the doubt until there is further evidence. If this same card and # sold with just a GU jsy than I would say 100% fake.

You're right, there is no concrete evidence. Here is an album of cards that have been sold by steelerswheel71, who originally sold the card. I have zero concrete evidence for them, but they sure have an affinity for tag cards that usually don't have tags.

jcmint said:
You my friend do a good job of tracking these dolts but yet there are always doubters who need more evidence. There is a simple thing called common sense and sometimes it gets lost.

the OP has a magnificent knowledge of patches... maybe thats why those that lack common sense ask him those questions. you know to educate themselves... so they dont make a $1700 mistake. unless we can gain that knowledge by finding what is lost... in which case we will know everything! hey then we can mock collectors along side of you! yay!

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Serial number is a give away for this product. Many nice patches with the 1/1s or #/3.

I know this guy is a known patch faker. But with that said; for "most" other unreal patches it is often impossible to really know without seeing the side of the card to inspect for damage or seeing the same serial numbered card being sold originally most cards are hearsay.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
With some of the cards I have owned, I have been accused of faking patch cards. I can't even make macaroni and cheese.........

I pulled them from packs. Companys always seem to sneak some oddball cards into production. Cards that just make ya say.......WTF?

Take the A&G relics for example. Who would have thunk that they would use the coolbase tags as part of the production run? I seem to remember a few members on here pulling them. Not saying that the original card in this thread isn't fake, but until manufacturers create a database(highly unlikely) of all the cards made featuring an image of front and back, this argument won't end.

Latest posts