Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I'm looking for Dirk Nowitzki Auto's.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I've got a sick 8x10 Dirk Auto, but I don't really want to sell it. I wish I could find somebody with a Michael Jordan auto for it. Hell, it would be super sweet if somebody had a dual with MJ and Larry Bird. Two greats when I was growing up.

dirk.png

I also have a friend named Dirk, but his last name isn't Nowitzki. I could just have him sign a picture of Nowitzki with his first name only, and then it would be 100% true if you said you have a signature of "Dirk". I could trade that for a pack of smokes and five food stamps.

Mr.1989

Dec 19, 2010
Card Magnet said:
I've got a sick 8x10 Dirk Auto, but I don't really want to sell it. I wish I could find somebody with a Michael Jordan auto for it. Hell, it would be super sweet if somebody had a dual with MJ and Larry Bird. Two greats when I was growing up.

dirk.png

I also have a friend named Dirk, but his last name isn't Nowitzki. I could just have him sign a picture of Nowitzki with his first name only, and then it would be 100% true if you said you have a signature of "Dirk". I could trade that for a pack of smokes and five food stamps.
You know, you have nearly 29,000 posts on an internet forum and obviously have enough time to download, edit, and upload pictures to the internet merely in an attempt to bring people down. Get a life.

Mr.1989

Dec 19, 2010
Slette said:
Maybe you shouldn't drop an F bomb on a moderator.
I believe all people were created equally.
If people want to act superior to others, then I remind them that they, as I, are only human.

Power to screw with people on the internet is nothing and pathetic. If someone gives me a snide attitude about something, i.e. "Maybe you shouldn't have wasted $20 on fake autos.", I let them know how I feel about their comment. I bought it, I didn't know if it was real or not, all I knew was that that guy was moving and didn't think much of it and I could be lucky, or....maybe I'm not. I take pictures, uploaded them, and put them on here and got told their fake. Then I got burned for that mistake.

Not only did I get told that they're fake, but I somewhat got accused of fabricating it myself: "Nice try, hopefully you didn't pay much for it, or spend a lot of time faking it." Then it went from the focus mainly being on the auto's, to my judgement and attitude (and intelligence):

I said, "The guy was moving that day and didn't think it was worth much. He's the one who should be ::facepalm:: ."

The guy said he was moving to a country (a VERY far away country) and my assumption was since he was leaving so soon, he probably was just thinking about everything over there, and not his sports collection. I imagined what was running through his mind was "Well, I bought it at a show 15 years ago with no COA. I could try to sell it on ebay and see if someone's interested, but that might take awhile and need cash now. My best bet is probably craigslist. It's free to use and it's all local, so I can sell it faster. No shipping and "unconfirmed addresses" and unpaid auctions, just cash. It'll be okay."
I said he's the one who should be facepalming himself because when he looks back later, he might go "Well crap, maybe it was really worth way more!" Of course, that would be with the assumption that the autographs are real.

A response to ["The guy was moving that day and didn't think it was worth much.
He's the one who should be ::facepalm:: ." ] was: "Ok, kid gloves off. Liar."

Another guy later says,"Either this is some kind of joke, or you are one of the dumbest, most naive people I have ever seen on this board (that includes Strasburgmania)."

And another guy said, "That is one of the most dumbest things anyone can do...$20 for a DUAL auto of MJ AND BIRD!.....Holy smoke, sometimes, people ae dumber than a box of rocks, unreal ::facepalm::" - The irony of this guy's comment is he says, "people ae (presumably "are") dumber than a box of rocks". Another strong use of grammatical structure is apparent here, "That is one of the most dumbest things anyone can do." Most dumbest? Now, I'm no genius but I don't know if that is the correct way to word that sentence. And you are calling me dumb? :lol:

Now the above paragraphs illustrates at least one fallibility in people, that being we all make mistakes. I honestly have made several fantastic purchases through craigslist and they have all gone great, until this time. If you care to see evidence (pictures) of some of the cards that I have bought through craigslist, about a third of these came from craigslist: http://s511.photobucket.com/albums/s353 ... s/?start=0

Look people, I don't buy sports items just to get told they're fake. I don't come on here to be insulted either. But FYI: If you insult me, I might just tag you back ;) . I am not anyone's enemy here and I don't want to be. I am also not an idiot, whether you want to believe it or not. I, like anyone, as I have tried to point out, am only human and make mistakes. Think about it, the pictures that I had to look at in the guy's ad were crummy. I went to ebay to compare MJ and LB's autographs and came across a conclusion: sports cards are smaller than a normal 8 X 11. Therefore, I (or anyone) presumably may write smaller being that what I have to work with is smaller. Basketballs, are round: Therefore writing on them I may make my writing larger and it may seem curved. I didn't have much time to look at pictures anyway before I had to go and actually buy the picture, (so given the information I had about the autographs I was going to buy) and the information I had concluded from sports cards and basketballs ( if you aren't getting it yet, it's that they would look different), I realized that the autographs may look a little different when I get a better look at them.

I left my house and after spending gas money to get there, I waited in the hot sun for the guy to answer his door. He answered after 1 and half minutes and I walked inside. His apartment was almost as bad as outside. He went over to pick up the picture from it's place on his wall. I looked at it and examined it the best I could and I honestly couldn't tell 100% if they were real or not. He told me that he got it from a dealer at a show 15 years ago and that the dealer got celebrities' autographs and sold them to collectors. It had no COA since it was a reputable dealer at a reputable show. I asked him if he knew the dealer's name and he said "No, it was 15 years ago." After a minute or two of standing around talking, I gave him a $20 and said "Bye." I left and got to spend more gas money on the way home. After uploading pictures on here and getting called a faker, liar, and an idiot, I'm just trying to explain that I am NOT fake or liar, I may be confused but I honestly had very little to go off of before going over to the guy's place to look at it. Aside from that, you guys have google at your hands and can look back a the picture and over at a certified one and can go "Yep. That's fake". I DIDN'T. I was there going off memory and analyzation to determine its validity. It's easy for you to say "fake."

Now, another thing about it is if it is fake, then I could just go back to that guy and get my money back. Then again, he is LEAVING THE COUNTRY so that may be a bit difficult. In the end, you win some, you lose some, and so far this battle seems to be losing. But as you (hopefully) can see, I really can't do much, can I? :|

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Mr.1989 said:
You know, you have nearly 29,000 posts on an internet forum and obviously have enough time to download, edit, and upload pictures to the internet merely in an attempt to bring people down. Get a life.
Yes, I have no life because I spent 95-105 seconds doing something for a couple of giggles. Further proof I have no life is that I enjoy chatting with people and I am near a computer 90% of my waking day, whether spare time or work time.

I also feel worthless because I've made a few friends, and so a lot of posts rack up while talking to them. I know you don't understand how much of a bummer it is having all of these 'friends' on here since not too many people seem to really like you. Must be nice. Trust me, keep acting like you do so these people around here don't harass you with conversation about the hobby and life.

I should invest my life more wisely. Once my birthday comes around, I'm going to ask for a guitar, shred a few nasty rifts on youtube (and bitch if anybody on the internets doesn't like it), and then go find somebody to trade that present to for a box of '91 Fleer baseball cards. Gonna find me a 1952 Mickey Mantle in it!

You spent $20 on a fake autographed photo, said you would wipe it off "if" it was fake (thus implying you still felt it could be real, not to mention you want to wipe sharpie off a photo), said then that the guy who sold it should be the one embarrassed because he sold it so cheap, and then get sandy *** syndrome when people have a little fun with you. Get a brain, get a clue, get a second opinion, get a real autographed photo, get an attitude adjustment, get a sense of humor.

P.S. - Welcome back from your vacation! Next time, drop a few racial slurs to the mod so you get the banhammer, please. The first 27,583 posts made from my worthless life were much more enjoyable before you started popping up with some of the ********, like the Walter Payton post on the football boards a little while back. I still have a painful twinge in my head from that one.

P.P.S. -
DX_Smiley_by_Chaingang383.gif

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
I don't care about all the manufactured drama in your teenage head. I'm just wondering how you were planning on getting a Dirk auto with no money?

Mr.1989

Dec 19, 2010
kdailey4315 said:
I don't care about all the manufactured drama in your teenage head. I'm just wondering how you were planning on getting a Dirk auto with no money?
Trading. If someone wants an auto or refractor of mine, then I'd trade it for it.

Mr.1989

Dec 19, 2010
Card Magnet said:
http://s1123.photobucket.com/albums/l545/Mr1989-/[/url]

DX_Smiley_by_Chaingang383.gif
- I see from this .gif that you feel like you've "told" me, as if I challenged you and now you've challenged back. I think you're misinterpreting who I am. Look man, I'm just some kid who wants cards and to talk random people about things on the internet. I'm not here to let random ******** vent their anger out on me. I'm not here to be anyone's enemy and I don't want to be. If I knew the things I bought were fake, I wouldn't buy them. But hey, I was wrong. In finality, whatever you have to say is inconsequential to me and I have things to do, like try and make money mowing lawns. Whatever you say, I just don't care about.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I didn't mean to imply that you were racist. I do see how it comes off as that. I just meant to do something more extreme than a "go blank yourself". My mistake for wording it that way.

Other than that, my post stands as typed. I will clarify the emoticon though. It was used in the same spirit as what you said to the mod, just toned down to be kid friendly.

If you don't like my sense of humor and/or can't take a little joke at your expense, then just say so. Hell, I would have apologized and offered something your way for offending you. But instead, you decided to get all lippy and attack me as a person.

Oh, and if you talk to your celebrity contacts you don't know that you call, get a message to Dwight Howard that B-54 says "the magic city's where dreams are made and big men get paid". He'll know what it means.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
You write half a book on how ****** people on the internet are, but wonder why I would suggest that you, someone I have never met personally and someone who has posted so much senseless **** here, might have faked some autos?

Sorry if I offended you. I'm sure when your ******* bunched up it got real uncomfortable with all that sand already up in there.

Members online

Latest posts