Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

January 2023 - New Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Big couple of maildays as I work off of my fresh 2023 most wanted list:

011523-1.jpg011523-2.jpg
2001 Topps Chrome Retrofractor Bonds/Giambi. Besides the obvious flaw of Barry Bonds being on the card :sneaky: it also has a bad refractor line and centering issues, which are really common for the series 1 green-bordered cards. The series 2 gold-border cards didn't seem to have as many problems and are easier to find.

011523-3.jpg
1998 Ultra Platinum Medallion Matt Stairs 022/100 leaves me only 1 card short of the team set, but it's Rickey Henderson so I think that set's as complete as it's going to get. Still 4 cards short for 1999 Stadium Club First Day/200, but the Grieve is a nice pickup for this very tough set.

011523-4.jpg
1999 SP Prospects Destination The Show Eric Chavez 021/100, chipping away at the various A's Destination The Show cards from that timeframe. 1997 Collector's Choice New Frontier Canseco. 2004 Leaf Certified Mirror Gold Rich Harden 02/25, just need 1 more to finish off that team set. And a 2004 Timeless Teams Manny Trillo auto.

011523-5.jpg
A couple of 1940 Play Ball Philadelphia A's cards, I'm working on that set this year. I already have the Connie Mack and Home Run Baker cards so the remainder are pretty cheap.

011523-6.jpg
Some recent Topps parallel sets I'm working on this year.

011523-7.jpg
2014 Stadium Club Rainbow Foil McGwire gets me one away from that team set. A couple of Bowman Chrome Gold Refractors. And the 1986 Jackie Moore was the last Topps Tiffany A's card I needed to complete the entire 1984-1991 run.

011523-8.jpg
Some Pacific parallels...The Revolution Premiere Date Eric Chavez is 35/49.

011523-9.jpg
And some more Pacific parallels. The 2001 Ramon Hernandez is an Extreme LTD, 08/45. The rest of the 2001's are Retail LTD's/85. Still have a ways to go on all of these sets.

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
deciding how much I want to continue reporting on the monthly thread. Seems like only a handful of people show anything at all. I'm sure we all enjoy seeing each others new pick-ups, but would like to see a larger variety of participation. Is everyone just moving to facebook groups these days?

I once was trying to keep up in my autograph collecting, all of the award winners and all-stars, dating back to 1933, with a few glaring early exceptions that would cost a fortune, my goal was to get as many as I could find/afford. Like anything, it seemed that the newer players were getting harder to "easily" find at a reasonable rate. Same goes for the rookie cup cards. I stopped actively chasing them, but will realize I am missing a player of some significance and then try to back fill. Salvador Perez was one I had missed and wanted, finally finding one that was decent price range. View attachment 344739

Couple other add-ons/impulse buys to feel like the shipping was worthwhile. View attachment 344740View attachment 344741

Hostetler. View attachment 344742 Taylor. View attachment 344743 Glenn View attachment 344744. Pair of Tuiasosopo, as his dad was a hawk and he was a Raider, otherwise no reason to collect him. View attachment 344745View attachment 344746

Speaking of Raiders, they have been my team since I started collecting cards and following sports, but have not been an active follower for years now. I don't follow the players or the team outside of the occasional collecting activity. New players are lost on me. That said, I will still sometimes buy random, cheap Raider autos, like this Quentin Moses/25. Had no clue, but based on the price I won this for, from a frequent repeat business seller, he either is having or already had a non-standout career. View attachment 344747

Last item is another series (4) of RGI cards. This is one of the nicer condition sets I have received from this series. Copyright 1981, it wouldn't ssurprise me if these were made into the the 90s, but it's just a statement, I have no idea about production/distribution of these collector issue cards though.View attachment 344748
This is an interesting post. I notice that few people actually show pics on other channels like FB etc too. It feels like pulling teeth to get others to share there as well. Lots of sellers/brokers posting to make $, but not as many collectors posting pickups
.I guess people are just very private about what they acquire???

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
011823-1.jpg
1936 Goudey Pinky Higgins completes the team set! Which is just this one card, ha. Still a little ways to go on 1940 Play Ball, but it's always nice to pick up a Blimp Hayes card.

011823-2.jpg
Some recent Topps Black and Independence Day parallels.

011823-3.jpg
2003 Topps Tribute Contemporary Collection Gold Mark Mulder 18/25. 2022 Topps Pro Debut Chrome Gold Refractor Robert Puason 19/50. And a couple of other refractors to get me closer to team sets.

011823-4.jpg
1992 Classic quad card with Canseco is one that slipped through the cracks for some reason. 2021 Topps Now Turn Back the Clock Reggie Jackson. 1999 Pacific Revolution Premiere Date Jason Giambi 26/49. 1998 Pacific Invincible Moments in Time Ben Grieve. And lastly, 2021 Topps World Series Ring Dave Stewart.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
@mrmopar yep, it’s Alex Gonzalez. He’s got a real cool signature

Today’s mail. First time seeing a Diamond Edition up close; they really pop in the sunlight. Osgood is the beginning of a Red Wings project that, when done, will look like this Marlins display. Painted 4x4s make for great bases

115dff72be29ece7c210930b685f0e8c.jpg

55f17a7b7559970dcea6f1bb5547a464.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Football kind of mail day. I bought one of these from COMC at TG and guess I never noticed it was actually a Steelers card (in a Raider uni). I'll take it, as it looks more like a Raider card than to have him in a Steelers uni with a Raiders nameplate. Better than the next card I'll show. Ron Woodson. This is /15. 15.jpg

Wanted an Amari Cooper card for the Raider collection. ONCE AGAIN, my haste in properly scoping out things has burned me (slightly). I open this up to find a Cowboys card! From the item title, it only listed Raiders and the thumbnail image could have been a Raider uni. Oh well. I have to start taking more time...I just keep letting myself get burned by not looking at every listing in detail. s-l1600-1.jpg

Neil Lomax Archives. s-l1600.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
@mrmopar yep, it’s Alex Gonzalez. He’s got a real cool signature

Today’s mail. First time seeing a Diamond Edition up close; they really pop in the sunlight. Osgood is the beginning of a Red Wings project that, when done, will look like this Marlins display. Painted 4x4s make for great bases

View attachment 345004

View attachment 345005

Is there a specific theme, besides they are all Marlins? All-Stars? Best of the franchise so far? I don't see Piazza!!

I do love to see nice team themed collection and it helps me remember who all was on the team. Since I keep all my autographs sorted by player last name, I don't get to see these types of gatherings, even with my Dodgers.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Finally some new pickups for my signed '88 Topps set:

011923-1.jpg
Great to finally get the second Clemens card in the set. I'd rather not have "To Joe" on the Randolph but I guess it's sort of an authenticator, who is going to forge a Willie Randolph sig and personalize it. I only need one more card to finish the All-Stars, and it's not Puckett, it's Dave Winfield for some reason. Jeff Sellers is one of a handful of guys I still needed who aren't super tough sigs but for whatever reason are really difficult to find on 1988 Topps. These 3 pickups get my needs down to only 20 cards!

011923-2.jpg
Just need the Billy Williams to finish up 2005 Donruss Classics Timeless Tributes Silver/100. Pineda was the last "base" Bowman Chrome auto I needed for 2021 so now I have the entire Bowman Chrome A's run up to 2021.

011923-3.jpg
2004 UD Vintage Black & White is a tough one for some reason...the "Play Ball" subset cards are super easy but the base design is not. Probably just one of those sets where they aren't incredibly common or rare, but nobody bothers to try to sell them because they "aren't worth anything." The two 2021 Topps Now Turn Back the Clock cards complete the team set. Especially like the Eck card with cameos from Carney Lansford and Ron Hassey.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Is there a specific theme, besides they are all Marlins? All-Stars? Best of the franchise so far? I don't see Piazza!!

I do love to see nice team themed collection and it helps me remember who all was on the team. Since I keep all my autographs sorted by player last name, I don't get to see these types of gatherings, even with my Dodgers.

Just players I like. Visually, I’m trying to stick to Marlins-colored cards - white, silver, black, teal. I’ll replace the Castillo and the top row when I pick up more. Luckily, a lot of early 2000’s autos used team colored/white backgrounds

Today’s mail. My two favorite things…Stadium Club photography and refractors
67856559b13ec4120c9f9aabf1a570f6.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Huge addition to my A's collection in today's mail:

012023.jpg
2005 Donruss Signature Inkcredible Trio Zito/Mulder/Hudson, print run 37. For being so associated with each other, these three have appeared on very few triple-auto cards, with total print run of all of them combined being below 100. There's this one, a similar card from 2003 Donruss Signature/50 (which I would actually prefer because I like the design more), and one from 2022 Museum Collection/5. This one actually had to go through eBay's authenticity procedure because the original list price was over $250...even though I won it with a $125 offer. It's the first time I've had a card go through the process and I was amused by the elaborate presentation in a foldout case with an authenticity sticker. I mean I love the card but let's not go overboard, it's not a vintage Mantle.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Joe Carter archives is my only BB card today. s-l1600-1.jpg

A couple of these Old School cards, which I really like (the entire run, not just this design). John Lucas and Harvey Grant. s-l500-1.pngs-l500.png

Too Tall. He was (still is?) 6'9", that is pretty tall, but too tall? Maybe for FB. s-l500.jpg

Hutch. I had to have a Vikings card to complement the Hawks card. s-l500-2.png

The biggie of the week, a Donruss Recollections buyback Jerry Rice, as a Raider, 2/3. Had Rice, but really wanted a certified Raiders card, so I went big. s-l1600.jpg