Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

January 2023 - New Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Unless some were knowingly faked, that is ridiculous. it has the Topps holo and the gold signatures that all of them have. I have a couple of the same card and they look exactly the same. I didn't pull mine out of packs though.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Mail was extra early today:

Molitor /15. pm 15.jpg

Allen /100. Allen 100.jpg

Roaf. Roaf.jpg

Mirer. Now that I know about these Pinnacle inside autos, I have looked for more. Really like the clean design. Mirer.jpg

This last one is . I do collect Raiders, so I have that excuse, but I am not really current in that collection. I wanted a Ruggs, mainly because of his off field incident and the fact that he likely won't ever play again. Like most modern players who are included in signature cards, his autograph won't be hard to find though. Ruggs.jpg

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
This is a new old pickup that I actually got at Christmas

This was my dad’s little league glove growing up. He was born in 42, so I’m guessing this is from the early 50’s. Nokona G29, Fred Storck model. Storck was a career minor leaguer so not really sure why Nokona made a glove for him.

I was initially given this glove as a kid and it became one of my favorite pieces of sports memorabilia, especially after my dad passed in 02. It followed me around everywhere, displayed with my vintage baseball stuff, until it was lost years ago. Figured it disappeared during a move since I hadn’t seen it anywhere. I’d long since given up finding it

Until Christmas Day. It was sitting there next to my stocking. Apparently I left it in a box at my mom’s old garage years ago and she found it when she sold the house in 2015. I thought it was gone forever

eaa415b0c2ec378bc6b13e66cd5ca727.jpg
052bbccaea60675c5c43b7eb2d8872bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma

This was my dad’s little league glove growing up. He was born in 42, so I’m guessing this is from the early 50’s. Nokona G29, Fred Storck model. Storck was a career minor leaguer so not really sure why Nokona made a glove for him.

I was initially given this glove as a kid and it became one of my favorite pieces of sports memorabilia, especially after my dad passed in 02. It followed me around everywhere, displayed with my vintage baseball stuff, until it was lost years ago. Figured it disappeared during a move since I hadn’t seen it anywhere. I’d long since given up finding it

Until Christmas Day. It was sitting there next to my stocking. Apparently I left it in a box at my mom’s old garage years ago and she found it when she sold the house in 2015. I thought it was gone forever

View attachment 345086
View attachment 345087

This is fantastic.

Just one in the mail today.

2023 Topps Living Set Albert Pujols.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010

View attachment 345086
View attachment 345087

Excellent. I seem to recall my dad having an old mitt similar to that one when I was a kid. Pretty sure it got tossed around the same time I discovered it. He was born in '27, so it would have been an oldie.

I do still haver the Ron Guidry lefty model he bought to replace it though, when we'd toss the ball. Those memories aren't super plentiful though, because he could really only throw underhand due to shoulder issues and he was OLD. I say that half jokingly, since he was 42 when I was born, so in his early 50s when I was in little league, about the age I am now.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Niekro /20 Recollection. Niekro 20.jpg

Antonio Brown /10. I already got one not that long ago, also /10 and since he never actually played for the Raiders (didn't realize that until after I bought the first card), it was kind of a let down, but saw this one and thought it was at least worth the price to grab it. AB.jpg

Josh Jacobs /20. JJ.jpg

Not really following football anymore, so finding guys that were decent, but I still had never heard of them, like Jacobs. This guy looks like he may be pretty good, lead the league in rushing this season and was an All Pro.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
012423-2.jpg
2006 Topps Chrome Blue Refractor Frank Thomas, pretty tough one to find. It actually wasn't the last one I needed for that team set, though, still need a common I can't track down. 2014 Stadium Club Electric Foil Mark McGwire. These are really tough and if you believe stated insertion ratios the print run is about 31. Got lucky and the seller listed it as a Rainbow, which is a different cheaper version. Paid $5. Third card is a 2017 Stadium Club Gold Matt Olson RC. One short of that team set.

012423-1.jpg
1939 Play Ball Skeeter Newsome and 1999 Pacific Crown Collection In The Cage Die-Cuts Ben Grieve.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
After a couple years of maybe 5 pick-ups max, I started to get back into the hobby a bit more in September of last year. I've always been lurking around here but decided to try and post a little more! Trying to be a little more thoughtful that I used to be about pick-ups, and mostly trying to fill in gaps from earlier Diamondbacks years, as well as a couple pick-ups now and then of current guys. Here's a few January highlights thus far.

A couple of late '90s/early '00s Gold Refractors
1999ToppsFinestGoldRefractorMattWilliams.jpeg2000ToppsFinestGoldRefractorRandyJohnson.jpeg

Some seller was unloading their collection of 2006 Topps Blacks, which is one of my big projects - to get as complete a run of Topps Blacks as I can. 2006 just happened to be a year I missed out on (that year was among my peak of buying-only-Brandon Webb card days so I neglected the rest of the team). Picked up 9 total, but posting just a couple for the heck of it.
2006Topps01BlackCraigCounsell.jpg2006Topps01BlackTroyGlaus.jpg2006Topps01BlackCarlosQuentin.jpg

A handful of "they were stars on the team for a couple years before fading away" autographs:
2006ToppsTripleThreadsAutographRelicConorJackson.jpg2009SPLegendaryCutsFutureLegendsAutographChrisYoung.jpg2012ToppsTributeAutographPurpleIanKennedy.jpg

And my two biggest pick-ups by far. Josh Collmenter is one of my favorite players on the team of all time, despite how short-lived his time in MLB was. But was a good story, and I've been hoping this would pop up for the last 10 years or so. Had given up hope, but here we are.
And my favorite players have tended to be pitchers (see my Brandon Webb and Daniel Hudson collections), but it's been a while since there's been someone to be excited about, so wanted to grab a nice Gallen autograph.
2009BowmanChromeDraftSuperfractorJoshCollmenter.jpg2022ToppsChromeUpdateAutographRedRefractorZacGallen.jpg

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Incoming:

1998 Topps Tek Darin Erstad 35 pattern 29.

That brings me down to six remaining: 4, 30, 68, 71, 81, 86

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Billy Williams /10. BW 10.png

Phil Niekro /15. PN 15.png

Jim Lonborg. Great shot, but a bit dark. The autograph gets lost in the darkness.Lonborg.jpg

A pair from my favorite team pair
Marcus Allen. Allen.jpg

Fred Biletnikoff. Biletnikoff.jpg

Daunte Culpepper /50. Culpepper 50.jpg

Paul Krause /60. Krause 60.jpg

Harry Gallatin. I sat on this BIN for a while, hoping to save a small amount, just because I hoped I could. I love saving on a buy, even if its a tiny amount. Some is better than none. The seller never offered a lower price like I hoped they would, so I finally bit before someone else did. I've missed more than a few cards as they sat in my watch list, debating whether or not to buy at the asking price. Gallatin.jpg

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Did they provide any explanation on this?
Unfortunately not. I originally subbed it back in November and it came back Do Not Grade/IP Auto so I just assumed the group subber didn't label it right or SGC missed the Topps holo on the back and stuck it back in the "To Grade" pile. Someone else in the group subbed one in December, it got a graded and slabbed, and they posted a pic to the group which jogged my memory so I sent it back in with my end of December sub and got No Grade again. The group subber held on to it and tried sending it in again with better explanation and some notes but still no dice. It barely meets their criteria for pack pulled autos (2000 or later) and I think the fact that it's a 1991 Bowman Buyback just throws it all off and makes it a crapshoot. Then again they'll grade 1998 Donruss Significant Signatures with no issue even though that set is before their year 2000 cutoff.

I'm still a fan of SGC but their policies on grading pack pulled autos on anything before 2004 or so is a mystery wrapped in a paradox wrapped in an enigma.