Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jason Heyward: Sell or Hold

Jason Heyward: Sell or Hold

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
My AFLAC sold for $127 last night. I only paid ~$79 for it, so profit is profit, but I still cant help but think I am going to regret selling it.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Vagrant said:
I wouldn't be picking up Sterling if I were buying, I would be picking up Chrome. The design and on-card auto is very attractive and it will help drive the price. Remember the Laporta craze. Chrome is king.

Sorry, the Sterling Base is outselling the chrome auto and is in line with the 08 chrome refractor. chrome may be king but sencond year is still second year.

WJCIII

Dec 30, 2008
TonyB74 said:
After watching guys like Kershaw, Billingsley, Justin Upton, etc. dominate in the major leagues and sell for 70% of what they did when they dominated in the minor leagues, I just don't see the benefit of waiting for call-ups anymore. If you stand to make a decent profit, sell and don't look back.

None of those guys play in the Atlanta market though. Tommy Hanson and Jordan Schafer are 2 examples of players whose cards blew up after they were called up and started performing well though Schafer faded after awhile. I listed what I had of both after they were called up and could have made at least another $500 profit so I plan to hold my Heyward stash until after he at least gets the call.

I think this is the first time I've ever heard the argument that Atlanta is a better market than LA.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
WJCIII said:
TonyB74 said:
After watching guys like Kershaw, Billingsley, Justin Upton, etc. dominate in the major leagues and sell for 70% of what they did when they dominated in the minor leagues, I just don't see the benefit of waiting for call-ups anymore. If you stand to make a decent profit, sell and don't look back.

None of those guys play in the Atlanta market though. Tommy Hanson and Jordan Schafer are 2 examples of players whose cards blew up after they were called up and started performing well though Schafer faded after awhile. I listed what I had of both after they were called up and could have made at least another $500 profit so I plan to hold my Heyward stash until after he at least gets the call.

I think this is the first time I've ever heard the argument that Atlanta is a better market than LA.

Atlanta is a huge collectors market.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
phillyfan0417 said:
Vagrant said:
I wouldn't be picking up Sterling if I were buying, I would be picking up Chrome. The design and on-card auto is very attractive and it will help drive the price. Remember the Laporta craze. Chrome is king.

Sorry, the Sterling Base is outselling the chrome auto and is in line with the 08 chrome refractor. chrome may be king but sencond year is still second year.

You have to love the arrogance of a post that starts with, "Sorry". As if your poor uneducated opinion deserves pity. Listen, Sterling autographs are ugly. They're big fat stickers that could be put on anything. A cereal box, a toaster, whatever. When you buy an on-card autograph, it's a lot different. And yes, the Sterlings move better than the Chrome right now, but that isn't going to hold. The Sterling will top out, trust me.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
Vagrant said:
phillyfan0417 said:
Vagrant said:

You have to love the arrogance of a post that starts with, "Sorry". As if your poor uneducated opinion deserves pity. Listen, Sterling autographs are ugly. They're big fat stickers that could be put on anything. A cereal box, a toaster, whatever. When you buy an on-card autograph, it's a lot different. And yes, the Sterlings move better than the Chrome right now, but that isn't going to hold. The Sterling will top out, trust me.

second year card is a second year card, sterling is his only first year auto sticker or not...i will have to disagree with your statement

caseumsd6

Aug 13, 2008
Got an offer of 700 on my sterling black ref 9.5, should I sell or hold? What does everyone think the ceiling is on these?

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
caseumsd6 said:
Got an offer of 700 on my sterling black ref 9.5, should I sell or hold? What does everyone think the ceiling is on these?

700 US Dollars is a nice offer. you have to take in consideration what you have into the card.

i think one thing to keep in mind is that there will eventually be a rookie that makes their respective team and then actually shines in the major leagues. David Price, Matt LaPorta and Matt Wieters have all failed on the "main stage" at this present time. Does that mean that they wont go on to have amazing mlb careers? absolutely not, but their cards have most likely topped out.

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
GAbballplayer148 said:
My AFLAC sold for $127 last night. I only paid ~$79 for it, so profit is profit, but I still cant help but think I am going to regret selling it.

btw did anyone ever hear what the approximate print run was on the AFLAC autos?

caseumsd6

Aug 13, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
caseumsd6 said:

700 US Dollars is a nice offer. you have to take in consideration what you have into the card.

i think one thing to keep in mind is that there will eventually be a rookie that makes their respective team and then actually shines in the major leagues. David Price, Matt LaPorta and Matt Wieters have all failed on the "main stage" at this present time. Does that mean that they wont go on to have amazing mlb careers? absolutely not, but their cards have most likely topped out.

I have 458 into the card. It would be a nice profit but I agree with you on the prospects who have failed since being called up.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
caseumsd6 said:

I would take that in a heartbeat. With the way the economy is, I cant see someone paying much more for it.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
GAbballplayer148 said:
caseumsd6 said:

I would take that in a heartbeat. With the way the economy is, I cant see someone paying much more for it.

Sell it and buy the Upton at $699, or buy a nice couch.

Members online

Latest posts