Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Leaf Cape Cod League Autographs/Jerseys/Patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I would love to see autographed/GU Leaf cards featuring players from the Cape Cod League. Many of these kids are highly drafted in the years following their participation in this league. Pitcher Sean Manaea is already being touted as a 1st rounder next year.

Perhaps this could be an addition to a future 2012 product, or (my preference), BG could make this its' own separate product in the same style as the former UD USA boxed sets, which contained a complete base set, plus several autos & GU per.

I would certainly be a buyer for such a product.

BA's top 30 list for this league comes out later today, FYI.

Last edited:

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Problem is with licensing and legality. The Cape League treads very lightly on this and beefy had an issue with the Falmouth sets even.

While I love the idea, it's a nightmare of risk for all parties. Most importantly being the amateur players and their images being used in a set. Sure, Leaf could create a set, but then have to give it away for free and that's a tough business proposition.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Yep, they wouldn't be able to be sold.

Remember the Russell Wilson situation? The NCAA didn't want his professional baseball cards being sold while he was playing NCAA Football.

Also, I don't see jerseys getting cut up and put into cards.

Last edited:

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Whether it can actually happen or not, the idea is awesome. One of the highlights when I was a kid going to visit my grandparents in S. Yarmouth every summer was going to a couple of Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox games. Great memories.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I think this is a cool idea, but maybe instead of doing just Cape Cod, we expand it to most/all major summer collegiate leagues? That way we get all the top guys and not just the ones in the Cape.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Kind of off topic, somewhat, but isn't there only one other summer league besides the Cape league that uses wooden bats? There was a decent book out one year about the Cape league, something like The Last Best League

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Kind of off topic, somewhat, but isn't there only one other summer league besides the Cape league that uses wooden bats? There was a decent book out one year about the Cape league, something like The Last Best League

Northwoods League uses wooden bats.

They try to mirror the minor leagues as best they can. Makes great baseball for the fans and the players.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I would think Cape merchandise would be cost prohibitive since teams use jerseys for multiple years, and never would want to just sell one numbers worth since then no player could wear that number until the team ordered a full new set of jerseys.

Members online

Latest posts