Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Live 2013 National Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
God... sounds like a headache. The sh!t us player collectors have to deal with from time to time, sorry man. I can't stay deals that go that way... but do love the deals that go SO smoothly from time to time. You're clearly the buyer of that card, so sounds like he'll never sell it for $225...

I am not sure if Alex is talking about the original card holder or if the seller is someone who bought it from the card puller.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I am not sure if Alex is talking about the original card holder or if the seller is someone who bought it from the card puller.
I'm guessing the ladder... has to be.

I feel your pain but I just wish I had visual confirmation the Belle exists LOL.... Topps and Beckett say it's out there but NO ONE has seen it and it hasn't surfaced on eBay. Odds are it'll be at a price point that no one will buy it but I would love to just see it and at the very least be able to say it exists :)

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
There is a TON more vintage than normal.

I've been to every national except one since 2002 and went through several isles before I found even a modern dealer.

And that Olympic section, what a joke!

I'm not exaggerating one bit when I say that every time I looked in there, NO ONE was walking around. Wasted space for sure.

But with all that, there were steals and deals to be found although I only found a couple of awesome steals in discount boxes.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

fur72

Nov 19, 2010
Iowa
I agree there is a lot more vintage than in previois years. I'm just trying to clean up some mid 2000's sets and I am having a hard time doing it. Right now chilling in vip loung with a drink. There is a ton to take in.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

BluesBroSJ

Jan 19, 2009
Kansas
Just my observations after the first two and a half days....

Lot more vintage than I remember being here in 2011

TONS more to look at ( auction houses / historical pieces)

Dealers on the whole are substantially higher than 2 years ago, which means you have to really work to find a deal. (I'm talking on a few 10-15$ cards I'm looking for to finish sets being told 40$)

Don't get me wrong, i'm having a good time, but the show has a much different vibe to it than in 2011, and I don't think that's a good thing.

Also, topps has NO CLUE what they are doing. The platinum sets, good luck.

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
Well, I might as well ask in case any of you at the National stumble upon something I'm looking for...if anyone sees Warren Spahn or Austin Jackson printing plates or Warren Spahn 1/1 parallels (Tribute, Gypsy Queen, Sterling, Reflections, etc), please grab them for me. I am definitely good for the buy.

Thanks.

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
I will say, there is nothing new from 2013 Football anywhere. Not that it is a surprise, but I haven't seen a single card at a dealer.

Members online

Latest posts