Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Live 2013 National Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jun 26, 2013
Chicago
I'm going to be down there at around 8 o'clock so if anybody has to say can sell let me know and I will buy them thanks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
My son and I stopped in on thursday. Wanted him to see some of the neat stuff that was displayed. The old stuff was neat to see. Saw the Mantle Topps 52 gem mint 10 and of course the holy grail of tobacco cards for sale at only 1.2 mil. Got to chat with Gilmo, Wes, Philly, and Mox. Hey it was great to see you guys, maybe we'll get a chance to spend more than one day next time.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Tip for show goers, don't eat at Gibsons attached to the Doubletree hotel. $100 for a steak! $75 for king crab legs. $185 for lobster tail.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Tip for show goers, don't eat at Gibsons attached to the Doubletree hotel. $100 for a steak! $75 for king crab legs. $185 for lobster tail.

I thought it was known that Gibsons wastop of the kine expensive. Most everything that close to the convention center is going to be pricey from my experience.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Well, I might as well ask in case any of you at the National stumble upon something I'm looking for...if anyone sees Warren Spahn or Austin Jackson printing plates or Warren Spahn 1/1 parallels (Tribute, Gypsy Queen, Sterling, Reflections, etc), please grab them for me. I am definitely good for the buy.

Thanks.

One of the auction houses had a number of Spahn items they were selling as apparently the family is liquidating much of their personal collection. I had picked up an auction catalog from this auction house and I believe it had a good amount of Spahn related items in it (I have yet to look at it but he was on the cover). I am going back tomorrow and I will have time to take pictures so I will see what I can find. If you want the catalog let me know as I can get another.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
anybody seen any NT baseball? I was just wondering if there was a lot of unopened cases/boxes? I know this stuff has to be drying up but there are alot of cards that I need and I am hoping its still in wax and not in someones collection.Anyone see any buttons/tags/patches for sale from NT? juniorgriffey has been sending me some ( which, by the way, thank you sir)

Also since its a Chicago show I would assume there would be quite a few Nellie Fox cards for sale. If any one sees any patches/tags/buttons/barrels etc for sale of his let me know. His stuff is kinda hard to find

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Just thought it was another ole steakhouse or hotel restaurant but noooooooooooo, we really debated on leaving $5.00 on the table for the bread and water and leave that place. We ended up getting the $15 chopped steak.

RandomH

If you're in the area and are thinking about getting some good food, take the 15-20 min drive from Rosemont to River Grove and go to this place called "Gene's and Jude's" best hotdogs in America and they're like 2.49 a piece.
Fellow Illinois natives can vouch for me.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Had a great time overall, especially meeting several of you for the first time. Had fun on the webcam, as well as watching our own Hoopster bust that National Treasures stuff. The moment when a bunch of us gasped at the same time as he pulled a Logoman Patch was pure magic. :)

Businesswise, I didn't do much of it. Bought/traded for Marisnick & Bogaerts Chrome Ref Autos and bought BGS 10/10 base Chrome autos of Jose Fernandez & Gregory Polanco. That was it. Bargains were clearly long gone by the time I got there, as I had to pay full (or slightly above) eBay value.

Wish I'd gotten to meet Andrew. And yes, you too, Counselor Novell. Maybe next year, dude.

It's a good thing I left when I did, though. Had to take a taxi back to the train station. It's a 30 minute drive with no delays. Unfortunately, my friendly driver from the Middle East had to go about 15-20 MPH all the way into the city. Took nearly 90 minutes all told, and I barely made it. I could hear Barry Manilow's "Looks Like We Made It" in my head for a long time afterwards.

And I am now thoroughly exhausted. Later, hope we can do this again in C-Town.

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
We just got done opening all the wax we bought at the national and had gotten some of the panini packs which we just opened and in one of the packs was a redemption for an 8 by 10 signed by Andre Roberts (no idea who he is) but guess what- valid only at the 2013 national.

poppudaimadochi

Jul 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
Had a great time overall, especially meeting several of you for the first time. Had fun on the webcam, as well as watching our own Hoopster bust that National Treasures stuff. The moment when a bunch of us gasped at the same time as he pulled a Logoman Patch was pure magic. :)

Businesswise, I didn't do much of it. Bought/traded for Marisnick & Bogaerts Chrome Ref Autos and bought BGS 10/10 base Chrome autos of Jose Fernandez & Gregory Polanco. That was it. Bargains were clearly long gone by the time I got there, as I had to pay full (or slightly above) eBay value.

Wish I'd gotten to meet Andrew. And yes, you too, Counselor Novell. Maybe next year, dude.

It's a good thing I left when I did, though. Had to take a taxi back to the train station. It's a 30 minute drive with no delays. Unfortunately, my friendly driver from the Middle East had to go about 15-20 MPH all the way into the city. Took nearly 90 minutes all told, and I barely made it. I could hear Barry Manilow's "Looks Like We Made It" in my head for a long time afterwards.

And I am now thoroughly exhausted. Later, hope we can do this again in C-Town.

Was nice seeing you on Ustream; great timing on that Fernandez auto btw, I expect a price bump at the show after tonight's performance

Members online

Latest posts