Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MADISON BUMGARNER CALLED UP TO THE BIGS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darkman

Aug 7, 2008
JacobAlastra said:
4K's through 4.1ip, is that enough for all the haters?

Guess its enough for the swingers :lol:

On a serious note, he bounced back from the bombs pretty well..expected more velocity, but he battled. Being only 20, is impressive. Hopefully, he will get enough run support to be successful.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
I guess you can count me as a hater, but I have not been overly impressed. He has not looked bad, but taking his opponent into consideration, I have been MUCH more impressed by Porcello this year.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Just saw him on Baseball Tonight and his fastball looks like a meatball...If it stays at 88-91 he'll be in trouble unless he can actually throw an offspeed pitch, and people who think this kid is better than Tommy Hanson or Rick Porcello for that matter are nuts.

darkman

Aug 7, 2008
Jays_Cards said:
I guess you can count me as a hater, but I have not been overly impressed. He has not looked bad, but taking his opponent into consideration, I have been MUCH more impressed by Porcello this year.

thats the thing... Porcello has the tigers offense to score for him, he doesn`t have to be completely dominant. Lincy is dominant and can win with the little offense he seems to get from the giants. I doubt Porcello would have many wins in san fran...

I have not owned any Madbum stuff but I just dont know if its a wise investment.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
darkman said:
Jays_Cards said:

thats the thing... Porcello has the tigers offense to score for him, he doesn`t have to be completely dominant. Lincy is dominant and can win with the little offense he seems to get from the giants. I doubt Porcello would have many wins in san fran...

I have not owned any Madbum stuff but I just dont know if its a wise investment.
You just compared Porcello to Lincy not Bum, Porcello has more than one pitch and his best pitch is much better than Bum's best pitch.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
darkman said:
Jays_Cards said:

Ehh..Pitching in the AL is a HUGE disadvantage to pitching in the NL West.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
He's been yanked.

Overall, a good debut.

5.1 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K. 76 pitches, 48 strikes.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
They should've let him finish the inning, no one on, but hey decent debut, especially on short notice (was supposed to have some pen work first).

5.1 IP 5 Hits 2 ER 4K

darkman

Aug 7, 2008
Jays_Cards said:
darkman said:
[quote="Jays_Cards":21y6qlc9]I guess you can count me as a hater, but I have not been overly impressed. He has not looked bad, but taking his opponent into consideration, I have been MUCH more impressed by Porcello this year.

Ehh..Pitching in the AL is a HUGE disadvantage to pitching in the NL West.[/quote:21y6qlc9]

Sorry guys... i guess i got mixed up in my point... The thing i was trying to compare was porcello and bumgarner...

Members online

Latest posts