Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB Discussion - 4/9

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Russ S. said:
Britton Dealing!

Probably done.

7 IP 3H 0R 2BB 2SO
91 Pitches 57 Strikes
11 Groundouts 3 Flyouts

Stellar stats for 2 MLB game.
Should get the Win if the O's keep it!
5-0 Mid 7th.

He looked good. Kept the Rangers off balance most of the game. Only a few really hard hit balls. They rolled over on a bunch of pitches.
Colby Lewis settled down and saved the bullpen some some work. Lets see if we can get to the O's pen. If not, there is always game 2.

BTW. The O's have one of the nicest shoulder patches in baseball.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
I think this is what everyone was predicting a few years back. Gordon and Butler hitting 3-4 in the Royals lineup combining to bat .393 with four home runs and nine runs batted in. Obviously very small sample, but if these guys keep it up, this offense is going to be DEADLY because Hosmer and Moustakas can both rake, shortly followed by Myers who is already a very professional hitter.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
Russ S. said:
And Britton stays in! :)

Shows the confidence that Buck has in him!!

That's it for Britton leaves two on and Kinsler coming up. Receives a standing ovation. 16 of 23 recorded outs were ground ball outs. Recipe for success.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
19braves77 said:
Hosmer might be another Casey Kotchman if rushed. Hosmer reminds me a lot of Kotchman.

Rays really are a mess right now.

In 2005 Kotchman was the Angels top prospect and the sixth overall prospect according to Baseball America. He was jumped from AA due to an injury to Darrin Erstad and was never really healthy with the Angels. Mono really killed his career in Los Angeles. Not all prospects pain out, but Kotchman did have an impressive minor league career. It just doesn't happen for everyone.

johnny rook

Aug 10, 2008
CA
Giants lineup. Belt and Sandoval get a day off against the lefty Garcia.

Torres CF, Sanchez 2B, Huff 1B, Posey C, Burrell LF, Rowand RF, Tejada SS, DeRosa 3B, Cain P

johnny rook

Aug 10, 2008
CA
Russ S. said:
O's win game 1 vs. the Rangers.
5-0 :D :D :D
Zach Britton 2-0 :shock:

At the Giants game yesterday I sat next to a couple O's fans from Baltimore. We talked about the promising young payers on each team. They seemed very excited about the way the O's have begun the season.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Even though he lost Phil Coke looked good in his first start. Pretty encouraging if you are a Tigers fan

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
numba1yankeefan said:
Russell Martin 3 run HR!

I really wanted the Sox to sign him instead of being stuck on Saltalamacchia. This is why I don't think saying the Sox are just like the Yankees is accurate - the Yankees will still take risks that the Sox won't.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Elvis and Hamilton come through. Rangers up 4-1.

Members online

Latest posts