Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MrMopar's New Dodgers Autograph Thread (and other interesting items on a slow mailday)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
A couple nice serial numbered Garvey. This Archives took 18 days to arrive! It went from Indy, to Seattle, to Virginia, to South Carolina, back to Seattle. Your USPS in action! It's a jersey #6/14. Garvey 6-14 10-11.jpg (PAGE 4).jpg

This Chrome card was listed with a fairly cheap BIN and the serial number was a little hard to read, but I was confident, so I bought it now. It's a double jersey number version, 66/99.Grvey 99.jpg

Oldie /50. The older inserts tend to dry up and then are rarely seen. I am sure I have at lest 1 copy of this, but went for it just in case. Garvey Prime 50.jpg

Finally, 3 Topps Debut for cheap, just the way I like untested prospects. Dodgers Pro Debut Lot.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Ever since a friend moved into my neighborhood in 1978 from Southern California and had some of these taped to his wall, I have been a fan of these Photo Album "cards". The Dodgers issued books or posters for several years between 1975-80 with photos of the players and coaching staff, often in perforated form to tear out and collect. These are from the 1977 Photo Album and were perforated for easy removal. These are approximately 4" x 6". All are had signed, despite having facsimile autographs on them as well.
Dodger YB Lot Au.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Busch.jpgHodges GU.jpg

Been trying to nab one of these for a while. Most of them are quite expensive, like $500-$1K+. This had some creasing on the flap/Snider and I ended up getting a great deal. it arrived today and smells like a musty old magazine! No mention of the heavy musty smell in the listing. I am trying to air it out, and if it wasn't such a nice deal, it would be heading right back! its from 1959 and has all the keys at the time (Koufax, Snider, Hodges, Drysdale, etc. Very similar to the Morrell Meats PCs/cards.

Dodger 59 PC.jpgDodger 59 PC 2.jpg

1manvs1world

Jul 30, 2023
San Diego
This one was 60/100View attachment 350980. this one is /5. View attachment 350981. View attachment 350982. Burbank special auto View attachment 350986
/25. View attachment 350983View attachment 350984View attachment 350985View attachment 350987

These were only available to season ticket holders, a chromium set by Topps featuring the 14 (at the time) Dodger Rookies of the Year. I have this already, but you rarely see it offered and when they are cheap enough, I buy more.
View attachment 350988

This last item needs more research. It was advertised as a game issue/used jersey. It went for about $115. I don't know enough about jerseys to know. He is a scrub and it sounds like this is a quality jersey, even if its not a player issue version, which puts the price right in that range either way. I have been reading and watching videos about Majestic jerseys, but it seems most are trying to weed out fakes, instead of gamers vs "authentic" jerseys.

This is a cool base with the lower edge tag heat applied (instead of sewn), has the inside wash tag, vented pit area...all things that are a good sign apparently. The buttons look high quality, nice MLB logo on the neck, everything else is stitched and looks decent. Size 44, which apparently is a pretty generic size. It has what looks like another heat applied decal near the main tag with his name, number, size and year with a QR code, but that code doesn't bring up anything. it also looks like it will peel off, where as the other tag would not.

I just don't know. I bought it because I like the Dodger of course, but because it was #6 too. if anyone has any good insight on Majestic Authentic Collection Cool Base jerseys that can share some knowledge or view some photos are advise what they think. Darwin Barney 2015 #6
View attachment 350991
Gorgeous jersey!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Another "near jersey number" Garvey card for me, this one 60/80. I'll take 6, 60, 66, 600, 606, 660, 666, etc. Hard to read, wish all sellers listed serial numbers, where applicable. tired of asking... Garvey 60:80 archiove KMART.jpg

And from the "what is wrong with me...really?" category, this is my 4th (I believe) Furillo booklet /5. Do I need more than 1, let alone 4? I just keep bidding and winning.Furillo 5.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Sutton. sutton.jpg

Facsimile Dodgers ball. Dodger ball.jpg

EthierEthier.jpg

These were a bit of a splurge but feel like I got a heck of a deal. Been wanting a Willie Davis since I learned of these and ended up with 5 more (Ron Fairly, Bob Giallombardo, Bill Harris, Roy Smalley and Ed Palmquist). The evidence of trimming is on the bottom and I think may have more to do with how they were issued. It's not a common set to find in general and often you just find the bottom colorful square pieces without the otherwise boring and seemingly useless"tab" portion on top. These were issued in 1960 as well as the prior year which seem to be even harder to find, in Spokane, WA for the local Dodger farm club, the Indians.

3DOG.pngFairly.pngBOBG.pngSMALL.pngHARRIS.pngPalmq.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Garvey /25. Garvey 25.jpg
Snider /100 Snider GU.jpg

Snider had a lot of certified autograph cards, but not a ton as a Met. A Giants one would have been even cooler, not that I liked he played there briefly. I just like the unique and unusual. Too bad he didn't get a 65T as a Giant. Topps missed big time by not doing send off cards of guys who retired the year before, with full career stats on back.Snider Mets.jpg

Richert /5. Richert 5.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I think I have 4-5 buttons now. One of my favorite relic pieces for sure. A Jackson button.jpg

I really wanted this, not for the auto, but for the photo. I don't recall seeing it before, but then again I'll probably go to put it away and find that I had one already. The signature is vintage and there is a comment on the back about being part of the July Bill Singer no hitter. I feel like that dates this signature to 1970, given he didn't reference the year or use something like "last" with July.
gARVEY 8x10.png

Was excited for this too. I don't recall these being sealed when I bought mine in 1981. I wonder if someone sealed them later. I care more about the all time great package, since I have several dozens of the other package. i should probably open it to make sure it had Dodger photos, but part of me says to leave it sealed.
Dodger photo Pack.jpg

A couple 2001 ASFF stamped Kevin Brown. Brown FF 1.jpgBrown FF 2.jpg

Buehler archives...love the 75 design. /14. I do wish that people would take better care of these sticker sealed cases though. A lot of people do, a lot don't though. This one has a slice in it that may have been caused by a knife. So many obviously sit in card shop or show boxes and get scratched up.Buehler 14.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
A pretty big Garvey mail-day today

1/1. I figured I wouldn't have a shot at this one. As seems to be the norm these days, someone listed it on ebay for an unrealistic price. I have been watching it for quite a while. I think the price may have dropped some, but not nearly enough to trigger a deal. Finally, it listed at auction and my main rival seems to have been MIA, otherwise he probably would have won it.
s-l1600-1.jpg

I have the Dodger version of this, but had not realized there was a Padre version as well. Stumbled upon this one and it happened to be 6/500, a jersey number match. Same as above, wanted too much. I watched it forever and finally just asked if they'd take a lower price. No direct answer, but I did notice shortly after that they changed the listing price to match my offer. Thankfully I saw it!
s-l1600.jpg

Got 2 more of these signed mini-posters.
Garvey SGA Au x2.jpg

Back in the day, this type of card scared me. Whenever Garvey was paired with more popular players, the competition increases greatly. I had this and just tossed out a low bid for fun and still won it. maybe all the competition has one. /100. Garv Quad.jpgs-l1600-3.jpg

Finally, a Grant Dayton TTM/IP. s-l1600-2.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Luck has been with me lately on some Garvey stuff. Here are two more jersey # cards. 6/6 and 6/10
Garvey 6-6.pngGarv 6-10.jpg

I have a few Sheffields like this already. Thought this weird oddball "proof" 1/1 was worth a few bucks.
s-l1600.jpgs-l1600-1.jpg

Taylor /72. If this was a red signature, I'd think it was a buyback of a Real One. Probably a coincidence it's /72.

Taylor 72 - Canada.jpg

I'll count it, since it is card sized without the case. An Al Lopez "certified" card. No team name (Leaf), so it's basically a 3x5 in a frame. I can call it a Dodger card. It was cheap though.A Lopez.jpg

Doncon.
Doncon.jpg

Samual and Daal TTM/IP.

Daal.jpgSamuel.jpg

Finally, I grabbed this card because I am pretty sure I didn't have it already, not that I am ever going to finish the Dodger base run. thanks to Pete Rose! This is a high number SP from 1966 and those can be ugly pricy. This one is beat up, so it was more affordable. Wish it was signed.
Perransoki 66.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Sutton /75. Sutton SS 75.jpg

Another Green, trying to win 1 and ended up with 2.
S Green 1 - Indiana.jpg

Downs never played with the Dodgers, but he came up in their farm system and had some Dodger autos, plus this is Archives /25, another subject I collect. Future generations will have fun identifying his signature.

J Downs 25.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I don't find many stubs these days that I wnat or am willing to pay the asking price, now that everyone looks up every damn one for an event.

This was Garvey's first mLB triple.and first multi-RBI game. Garvey 1st 3B.jpg
Also got 2 more of these. Makes 6 now. 321763-e063415af63f6a5cc06ba8d8db27b919.jpg

Wood /9. Wood 9.jpg

Santana /99. Santana 99.jpg

Kemp /199. kEMP 199.jpg

DeLeon Red /68. Deleon Red.jpg

1969 Spokane Indians SGA team photo. This team was loaded with future Dodgers. Unfortunately, I have only seen one team photo issue Garvey appeared on and I was not able to win it, even at a stupid high price! He was on the 68 Ogden, 69 Albuquerque and 70 Spokane team and I believe it was the Albuquerque photo.

69 Spokane Team.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts