Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MrMopar's New Dodgers Autograph Thread (and other interesting items on a slow mailday)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Every day can't be a huge haul or something really nice...

Nen (w/ Craig). Started his career in LA in 1963. His 1 Dodger appearance is also a rookie stars card from 1964. He never blossomed into much, but still like those 60s rookie stars cards. Lots of obscure goodness! Nen.png

s-l1600.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Garvey /45. had one or more, but it was a bargain compared to what higher numbered Garvey autos have been going for in the last couple years. gARVEY 45.png

I didn't need this, but I got sucked in and figured I got a good deal for a ball and 8x10, neither of which I needed! s-l1600.jpg
(enough) are legit and it was cheap. s-l1600-9.jpg

Wills. s-l1600-1.png

Finally able to win one of the new guys who hasn't played yet. Every year, buyers think EVERY Dodger prospect is worth big $. Most turn out to be scrubs it seems. s-l1600-3.jpg

I liked the cartoon image and style of this clipping and I do like Al Oliver oddball stuff. Signed is a bonus.s-l1600-4.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Some filling in the holes Garvey additions today. Blue is auto'd /99 and red is just an insert /100Garvey Blue 99.jpgGarvey Red 100.jpg

This was cheap and had the Garvey already, but worth picking up for some I don't have. Garvey GOLD Lot.jpg

Didn't expect to win this, just tossed out a beat the high bidder bid at the last hour and the bid held. Ernie Harwell Archive. Obviously more known as a Tiger, but he started way back when with Brooklyn. Will go nicely with the Heritage auto I won a few months back. Harwell.jpg

This is the 5th different version of this book I have now found. This book brings back a flood of memories and even some of the cards shown inside do the same, because they were featured and I wanted them for that reason. Several Dodgers are shown on the cover of this version, so it gets to join this thread.

If you have not read this book, and love baseball cards, I think you need to find yourself a copy and read it.

Flipping.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
A few Dodgers among the large lot of 4x6 auto photos I won from a seller. Gleason, Claire and Culver. s-l1600-7.jpgs-l1600-6.jpgs-l1600-5.jpg

Same seller offered a bunch of these well made customs. Sadly for me, I only managed to win 4 out of maybe 20-25! I didn't need any of the players, but having good card examples and especially this nice presentation is always a bonus. Boooo...on losing most of them to others.

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600-4.jpgs-l1600-1.jpgs-l1600-2.jpgs-l1600-3.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Much like my non-Dodger mail day, this one is big. It is mostly the 2nd portion of a large autograph mailing from a consignment seller, I believe, who was the one that sold the customs I posted the other day. This will take a few posts...

8x10s, which I don't mind getting and have quite a few of, but always prefer cards or card-sized items. The key to this deal was cheap prices and combined shipping! Shelby, Ferrara, Heep, Roseboro, Forster, Singer, Osteen, Williams & a great 4 player (Roe, Labine, Erskine, Branca). Shelby.jpgFerrara.jpgHeep.jpgRoseboro.jpgForster.jpgSinger.jpg. Osteen.jpgWilliams.jpg4x.jpg

I'll add in the Herman that shows him as a Cub. Herman.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Pretty stoked about this one. It came late because it was UPS and not USPS. I missed out on buying a set back when they were much more affordable and really regret not trying much harder than I did now. I have a bunch of other sets and have always liked this as one of my favorite Laughlin sets. I finally bit the bullet and bought the set paying more than I would have preferred, as I am always looking for bargains, but still feel like it was a deal based on what singles seem to sell for. It was a BIN/BO and did get a pretty decent discount off the BIN price. It just wouldn't be as good as if I got one 15 years ago, which is true of many things in the card hobby!

I decided to show this in with the Dodger additions, mainly because it was the Koufax card that caught my eye originally. and I have desired ever since. J. Robinson is also in the set, but no other Dodgers. The set is loaded with HOFers though and makes up over 1/2 of the grouping, such as Mazeroski, Bunning, Hunter, Yastrzemski, Ryan, Banks, Aaron, F & B Robinson, Killebrew, Brock, Mays, DiMaggio, T Williams, Wynn, Gehrig, Maris and Ruth as well as some surprisingly common guys to round out the 32 card set.

Diamond jubilee.jpgs-l1600.jpgs-l1600-1.jpgs-l1600-2.jpg
s-l1600-3.jpgs-l1600-4.jpgs-l1600-5.jpgs-l1600-6.jpg

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Pretty stoked about this one. It came late because it was UPS and not USPS. I missed out on buying a set back when they were much more affordable and really regret not trying much harder than I did now. I have a bunch of other sets and have always liked this as one of my favorite Laughlin sets. I finally bit the bullet and bought the set paying more than I would have preferred, as I am always looking for bargains, but still feel like it was a deal based on what singles seem to sell for. It was a BIN/BO and did get a pretty decent discount off the BIN price. It just wouldn't be as good as if I got one 15 years ago, which is true of many things in the card hobby!

I decided to show this in with the Dodger additions, mainly because it was the Koufax card that caught my eye originally. and I have desired ever since. J. Robinson is also in the set, but no other Dodgers. The set is loaded with HOFers though and makes up over 1/2 of the grouping, such as Mazeroski, Bunning, Hunter, Yastrzemski, Ryan, Banks, Aaron, F & B Robinson, Killebrew, Brock, Mays, DiMaggio, T Williams, Wynn, Gehrig, Maris and Ruth as well as some surprisingly common guys to round out the 32 card set.

View attachment 348174View attachment 348175View attachment 348176View attachment 348177
View attachment 348178View attachment 348179View attachment 348180View attachment 348181
VERY nice!!!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
A great big old book full of Dodger goodness that I didn't have before. This thing is huge! About 9" x 12" and over 400 pages. I would have worn this out as a kid. Garvey on the cover is the reason I added it, so bonus. Dodgers Book.jpg

Some not so exciting, but solid Dodger newer autos. Garlick is /25. Garlick 25.jpgGraterol.jpgLeonard.jpgRamos.jpg

Wrapping up is a neat design and good enough to pick up despite it being an unlicensed card. Sutton 300 Win Club /199.Sutton.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Garvey /25. This is how I have ended up with dozens of graded cards, while not specifically wanting/needing most of them. I have only purchased 1 card specifically because it was graded. The rest were just priced right. Garvey 25.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Will Rhymes is currently the Dodgers farm director. Never played for the team, but is now a high level executive, at least high enough to show on baseball-reference. Screen Shot 2023-06-05 at 5.56.36 PM.png

Now if only I could find a Billy Gasparino auto'd card.

Rhymes.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Boy did I screw myself on this one. I ended up winning 3 of this same card, close to each other, from 3 different sellers all at what I now consider above market prices. Clearly these are not SSP cards, as many people are advertising them as such! I won't bother to show the other 2, so we'll just leave this here (x3) to mark my stupidity.

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg

I don't get many of these anymore. Most sellers want too much now and I rarely see singles, although I don't mind team sets at a fair price either. s-l500.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Had a pretty sizable lot come in that included cards, postcards , personal checks and a couple 8x10. It's all Dodgers, but they were individual lots and there are over 60 pieces, so I will not bother to load all those pics. Nothing amazing, scarce or all that exciting, just a nice load of new Dodger autographs. I hate not sharing such a large group, but it would take too long and I would need 6 posts at least. Maybe I'll take my own photos and post later...

Also in today was the basic Garvey quad stamp card from Heritage. Garvey Stamp.jpg

I wanted this Hodges because of the red relic piece. If real, it could only have come from the number on the front of the jersey. I don't assume it is real, but still a neat piece /49. Hodges 49.png

Members online

Latest posts