Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My opinion of Willie Mays has changed.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RGBII

Mar 1, 2009
Landover, Maryland
Oh my, the reverse racists have made a stand.

Lovely and impressive!

Yet, the whole point that I was attempting to make
is this . ..

have a little respect. Is that too much to expect?

Aye, obviously, it is.

Cal Ripken. Jr. can charge $125.00 for an auto and
$40.00 additional for a pre-determined list of ROY,
All-Star MVP, etc. I don't hear, nor read here of any
whining about that.

Willie Mays is 79 years old and has lived a life that
you or I will never know.

Is it too much to ask for a little respect?

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

RGBII

Mar 1, 2009
Landover, Maryland
kdailey4315 said:
RGBII said:
A 79 year old man (Hall of Famer) is being openly attacked
on a "cardboard forum."

He is commomly known as "one of, if not, the greatest" center
feilders of all time. Well. I guess that and $1.59 will buy you a
cup of coffee.

He was born in Mobile, Alabama in 1931. I can not imagine
what he went through growing up in that vile and vicious
place at that time for a black man.

I'm a Georgia boy myself, so I'M QUITE SURE that I have
the background and 48 years of knowledge on when to
call a redneck(s) out.

He is an old man coming to the end of a remarkable life.
He has overcome many hurdles that you or I will never
conceive.

. . . and yet, we have this tripe!

I need a shower at this point.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

None of that matters. That ******* charges 300 dollars and won't sign my ball where I want him to to maximize the profit I can make on him. Not to mention the 45 second interaction I have with him is clearly an indication of his demeanor as a whole.
None of that matters?

Sir,

You have a quite a few surprises in front of you.

By the way, I sincerely hope that your language
skills go beyond expletives.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
RGBII said:

Lovely and impressive!

is this . ..

Aye, obviously, it is.

whining about that.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

I can only speak for myself here but any athlete that charges more than like $50 for an auto is a jerk IMO. And realistically, they should sign for free. Fans worship you your entire career and you repay them by charging them for your autograph? Seems a little ridiculous to me.

Sure, go ahead and argue that athletes don't have time to stand there signing free stuff all day for everyone.

All I know is that if I were a professional athlete, I would be honored to have people ask for my autograph, and would enjoy meeting fans who love me.

Anyway, it's not just Mays.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
RGBII said:

Lovely and impressive!

is this . ..

Aye, obviously, it is.

whining about that.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

I can only speak for myself here but any athlete that charges more than like $50 for an auto is a jerk IMO. And realistically, they should sign for free. Fans worship you your entire career and you repay them by charging them for your autograph? Seems a little ridiculous to me.

Sure, go ahead and argue that athletes don't have time to stand there signing free stuff all day for everyone.

All I know is that if I were a professional athlete, I would be honored to have people ask for my autograph, and would enjoy meeting fans who love me.

It's just the the world we live in. If people can make money on something as simple as signing their name, they're going to get as much out of it as they can.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Hallsgator said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
RGBII said:

Lovely and impressive!

is this . ..

Aye, obviously, it is.

whining about that.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

It's just the the world we live in. If people can make money on something as simple as signing their name, they're going to get as much out of it as they can.

Yep, I understand it completely...I just wouldn't do things that way if I were gifted enough to be a pro athlete.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
RGBII said:
on a "cardboard forum."

fielders of all time. Well. I guess that and $1.59 will buy you a
cup of coffee.

call a redneck(s) out.

conceive.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Just a hunch, but you primarily post on SCF dont you?..

RGBII

Mar 1, 2009
Landover, Maryland
Snyper said:
RGBII said:
on a "cardboard forum."

fielders of all time. Well. I guess that and $1.59 will buy you a
cup of coffee.

call a redneck(s) out.

conceive.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Just a hunch, but you primarily post on SCF dont you?..
No, why do do you ask?

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Ya know, I have always thought it was funny to pay a ton of money for a player to sign for you. So I guess I can understand someone wanting to get it right if they shell out that much cash for a signature. I wanted so bad to meet Cal Ripken, Jr. this year in Baltimore as well as a few other key players that were my heroes of the day. I just can't justify paying the inflated prices that these guys and/or show promoters are charging for their autos. So I can understand the gripe about that.

As for Willie being a jerk, I too have heard he is a jerky and has been for a while. I have never met the man so I can't vouch personally as to his character. Its hard to say if he's nice or not but with the publicity surrounding him, I would think it would be hard to live with people hounding you nonstop for something.

The bottom line here is simple, do unto others as you would have others do unto you. If you want respect, you gotta give it. I could care less if he's a HOF'er, former ***** leaguer, grew up in segregation or whatever,........if I meet you I will be polite, and I hope you won't show your ass.

And RGB--I haven't seen anyone make any racist or rednecky comments on here at all. I am from the south and I live around plenty of bigots and haters so I know how to pick that out when it happens. My grandfather is probably one of the biggest racists I know and its sad. But, he lived and worked as a cop during a time when segregation was taking place and he saw many things happen that were just not right. He was treated horribly as a law enforcement officer by both sides and to this day he has strong views towards all people. But lets not make this out to be a racial/redneck/country boy issue......I just don't see the need or precedence that has been set to warrant such accusations in this thread.

RGBII

Mar 1, 2009
Landover, Maryland
blanning71 said:
Ya know, I have always thought it was funny to pay a ton of money for a player to sign for you. So I guess I can understand someone wanting to get it right if they shell out that much cash for a signature. I wanted so bad to meet Cal Ripken, Jr. this year in Baltimore as well as a few other key players that were my heroes of the day. I just can't justify paying the inflated prices that these guys and/or show promoters are charging for their autos. So I can understand the gripe about that.

As for Willie being a jerk, I too have heard he is a jerky and has been for a while. I have never met the man so I can't vouch personally as to his character. Its hard to say if he's nice or not but with the publicity surrounding him, I would think it would be hard to live with people hounding you nonstop for something.

The bottom line here is simple, do unto others as you would have others do unto you. If you want respect, you gotta give it. I could care less if he's a HOF'er, former ***** leaguer, grew up in segregation or whatever,........if I meet you I will be polite, and I hope you won't show your ass.

And RGB--I haven't seen anyone make any racist or rednecky comments on here at all. I am from the south and I live around plenty of bigots and haters so I know how to pick that out when it happens. My grandfather is probably one of the biggest racists I know and its sad. But, he lived and worked as a cop during a time when segregation was taking place and he saw many things happen that were just not right. He was treated horribly as a law enforcement officer by both sides and to this day he has strong views towards all people. But lets not make this out to be a racial/redneck/country boy issue......I just don't see the need or precedence that has been set to warrant such accusations in this thread.
Christ!

Can one relay a moment in history and not
be accused of racism (no matter their intentions)?

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
RGBII said:
blanning71 said:

Christ!

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

What is happening!?!?! :lol:

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
RGBII said:
blanning71 said:

Christ!

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Who is accusing of you of being racist? If I read into your earlier posts....it appeared you were pointing out that some of the responses here hinged on racism. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I could have misread your post or took it in a wrong light.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Adamsince1981 said:
RGBII said:
blanning71 said:

Christ!

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Seriously what is this guy smoking? Where were you ever accused of racism?

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
markakis8 said:
Adamsince1981 said:
RGBII said:
blanning71 said:

Christ!

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Seriously what is this guy smoking? Where were you ever accused of racism?

He wasn't and there isn't a "Smiley" for awkward laughter....

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
RGBII said:
blanning71 said:

Christ!

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Are you good bro?

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
sdsportsfan1214 said:
RGBII said:
blanning71 said:

Christ!

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Are you good bro?

:lol: Anyone who "signs" their post at the end as if it were a written letter is far from good.

Sincerely,
Snyper

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
Snyper said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
RGBII said:
blanning71 said:

Christ!

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Are you good bro?

:lol: Anyone who "signs" their post at the end as if it were a written letter is far from good.

Sincerely,
Snyper

Hahahaha seriously! :lol:

RGBII

Mar 1, 2009
Landover, Maryland
Snyper said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
RGBII said:
blanning71 said:

Christ!

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Are you good bro?

Sincerely,
Snyper
Forgive me my sign off.

It willl not bother you again.

Colect Hard!,
RGBII

Members online

Latest posts