Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

October - New Arrivals Thread

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I can't recall ever staring one of these threads, but this one is kind of special. I recently revived my participation on another board and there is a member there, also a member here, who is quite generous and has been hosting contests there for years. These aren't just contests for a couple shiny inserts either, he frequently gives away star autographs! I like to give away things now and again, but nothing close to this gentleman. Anyway, I had probably not entered a contest of his for 6-8 years, maybe more. I decided to give it a whack and was within 1 number of the magic number between 1-75. Someone else was 1 away to the opposite side and apparently a coin toss resulted in me being the winner! Talk about beginner (returning) luck! The card was an UH Baseball Heroes card of Tony Gwynn, blue background, #'d 1/20! Thank you again, sir!

IMG_7852.jpg

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Oahu, Hawaii
Gorgeous Gwynn! That’s one of my favorite sets.

Deadman31, what’s that ‘91 Donruss sheet with the unique Griffey photo? Is it a preproduction sample?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Nice, was that a random prize (I think i read where sometimes they randomly reward buyers of regular cards with something better)?

Latest posts