Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

October - New Arrivals Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
@linuxabuser Nice Ryan!

2000 Subway Token, finally picked up this one. One of my favorite designs.
1998 Tek lot, needed 2 of these. Brings me to the 50% mark for O'Neill. Now have 5 to trade if anyone is seeking to swap.

s-l500.jpg

s-l800.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Got back from vacation a week ago and finally worked up the energy to scan my favorite cards that arrived while I was gone. First the stuff directly from Topps:

101720-1.jpg
Interesting that they've started to use a different size one-touch for the Project 2020 cards. When did they start randomly shipping parallels (other than a 1/1) for the Topps Now cards? I mean it's nice to get the numbered version but now I'm going to have to try not to be anal and go after the "base" versions of these. Depending on how many different parallels there are, the base versions could end up being really rare for some lower print run cards.

101720-2.jpg
Some '90s insert goodness. Only need one more '98 Giambi Legacy and I'm slowly working my way towards a '99 BC Gold Refractor team set. I believe that's only the second A's '99 Precious Metal Gem I've picked up, though. And hey, pretty cool to have 0001/1999 for a '97 Totally Certified Blue, even if it is Scott Spiezio.

101720-3.jpg
I love the 2004 Heritage Black Refractor Zito. The Kouzmanoff is one of the EXT minis. And it's interesting to buy a triple HOF GU card, but only because the fourth guy on the card is Mark Mulder.

101720-4.jpg
My first Ginter stained glass card, I wish they didn't sell for so much. After receiving that Puk I'm one away from finishing the 2020 Finest Flashbacks Refractor team set: Matt Chapman eludes me.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Those were such great sets. I've tried to grab at least 1 from each similar set that I could find. There are better looking card sets, but these were a groundbreaking concept at the time. It was nice that they did a good variety of players across a few different food brands. Wish they would have done more though. Imagine getting a beloved HOF autograph like this now for something like $5, often free with purchase, direct from the source!

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Picked up a 2020 Topps hobby set today and opened the exclusive foil card pack:

102120-1.jpg
WOOF. At least I got an A's card for my collection.

These also came in the mail:
102120-2.jpg
Both were on my large 2020 top priorities list so I'm glad to get them.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Lots in the mail today:

102220-1.jpg
That was the last of the 3 1998 Longevity Ben Grieve cards I needed, still missing several other A's for the team set. The 1996 Stadium Club Extreme Silver McGwire does complete my A's needs from that set, though. Just missing a Gold McGwire for the full EXTREEEEME A's run. And the Desert Shield McGwire brings my needs for that set down to Eckersley and the Canseco All-Star card. Trying to get graded copies of the better players to avoid fakes.

Also got a couple of real oldies:
102220-2.jpg102220-3.jpg
The T205 Hartsel had to have the most stolen USPS material I've ever seen in a package. Inside of the regular envelope there was a full Priority Mail large envelope, inside of that was a folded up Priority bubble mailer, then inside of THAT the card was wrapped in a piece of cardboard cut from a Priority Mail box.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
102320.jpg
Ah Matt Holliday. After playing with the A's for half of 2009, every subsequent contract he signed had a no-trade clause with a single team on it: the A's. Not a big Billy Beane fan. The Gold Star cards are the team set, and the Cespedes is the Century Silver version 16/25. He has three different "Century" parallels in the set and none of them are numbered to 100, go figure.

Members online

Latest posts