Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh How The Mighty Have Fallen... 07 BDP Moustakas Blue Ref..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
Yep it helps

jcmint said:
You are correct with the local point that should never be underestimated.
arod305 said:
Jcmint once again you make a very valid case. You maybe right, the blues may never reach 80 bucks or w/e they topped off at. However, if I can buy these for under 30 and I know it could easily be a 50 dollar card again. I will take 20 dollar profit. Plus here in KC a lot of people are high on him so I can do even better locally.

Once again very nice point made though.

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
JEA2880 said:
I still don't understand why people pay big money for Royals prospects. Name me the last one that made it, both in baseball and collecting.
Alex Gordon ::facepalm::

ohh wait, $250+ Bowman Sterling refractors doesn't mean he made it, it just means that the lemmings bought into the hype.
What is even funnier is I just checked current items for sale, you can get a 9.5 refractor auto for $199 BIN or best offer.
As for the Mous, this is the right time to buy just like it's the right time to buy Gordon. The hype is over and the cards will NEVER reach the height they were at previously, except for maybe an act of god.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I think Mous prices were high to begin with.

Unfortunately, the way prices are now, I would expect them to stay that way due to the economy

You could get 07 Heyward stuff for higher prices in 07 when the economy was better

Now, $75 for a blue will be norm until he gets called up, or has a huge hot streak playing.

I never considered AFL/etc prices when prospecting because there were too many buts and ifs about it

As for the blue debate, I think they are just as desirable, but yes, having autos in 08 did hurt value.

Not to mention, the ignorant prospectors who throw down more money on stuff with an official rc logo on it because they dont know any better.

That hurts value too.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I read this like 25 times trying to figure out what the heck you were saying...

Is this a clever way of saying "And that would be correct" ?

200lbhockeyplayer said:
jcmint said:
The non autos blues are dead weight as far as i see it. All anyone wants as a buyer seems to be the autos. Thanks Topps for releasing a base card and then an auto.
Ed Zachary correct.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
markakis8 said:
I read this like 25 times trying to figure out what the heck you were saying...

Is this a clever way of saying "And that would be correct" ?

200lbhockeyplayer said:
jcmint said:
The non autos blues are dead weight as far as i see it. All anyone wants as a buyer seems to be the autos. Thanks Topps for releasing a base card and then an auto.
Ed Zachary correct.

Exactly

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
jcmint said:
John those heyward blues were 90-100 last year at this time. All Heyward did this year was show he is the number one prospect in baseball besides getting called up to ATL and hitting 5 hr's what more could he have done

Mudcatsfan said:
It's really difficult to tell if the Blue refs were damaged more by poor play or by the 08 autos.

Mous, Price, Laporta, Dominguez all slipped in performance from release

Heyward, and Bumgarner improved their stock, and it looks like even in the offseason heyward's getting 73 to 83 shipped on his blues

http://cgi.ebay.com/JASON-HEYWARD-07-BO ... 33576648b4

http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-Bowman-Chrome- ... 4838766a13

As a few others have mentioned,

90-100 in 2007 and 75-85 now is actually not a loss when compared to the economy as a whole. In fact,,,its darn near dead on to the Dow Jones Industrial for the last two years to the day.

13,500................. 95

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
Mudcatsfan said:
jcmint said:
John those heyward blues were 90-100 last year at this time. All Heyward did this year was show he is the number one prospect in baseball besides getting called up to ATL and hitting 5 hr's what more could he have done

Mudcatsfan said:
It's really difficult to tell if the Blue refs were damaged more by poor play or by the 08 autos.

Mous, Price, Laporta, Dominguez all slipped in performance from release

Heyward, and Bumgarner improved their stock, and it looks like even in the offseason heyward's getting 73 to 83 shipped on his blues

http://cgi.ebay.com/JASON-HEYWARD-07-BO ... 33576648b4

http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-Bowman-Chrome- ... 4838766a13

As a few others have mentioned,

90-100 in 2007 and 75-85 now is actually not a loss when compared to the economy as a whole. In fact,,,its darn near dead on to the Dow Jones Industrial for the last two years to the day.

13,500................. 95

Damn nice parallelism
Da

Members online