Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
My latest pickup. I'm halfway to to the set:

99_gonzalez_59of100.png

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Ghumbs said:
RustyGreerFan said:
Wow, those BIN Diffractors that went up on the bay sure went fast. Only Biggio left. I was tempted on Larkin, but only picked up the Buhner.
That card is sick. Let me know when you get bored with it :mrgreen:

The Biggio is an auction now... weird. It was a BIN for 6.99 last night. I wonder if all his other went like hotcakes and he realized he may have erred, so switched Biggio to an auction? :lol:

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
riveraXVX said:
RustyGreerFan said:
Maybe PART OF IT is history is just repeating itself. Just like the boom in the 80's of baby boomers reliving their youth, now a portion of the people that were introduced to collecting in the 90's peak are coming back because their financial situation allows them to be nostalgic. Improved finances and nostalgia are two of the reasons I've returned, for example.

this is precisely what I accredit to, same thing happened in collecting hardcore records my other shared interest with cardboard picture cards. once everyone who was a poor broke kid who wished they had all the sought after records got out of school, got real jobs and actually had disposable income to throw at stuff, they can afford to drop bigger money on the stuff they want... and on the rarer items they always wanted or want now and don't have to be as choosy about spending the cash.

its happened in almost every hobby I've been a part of when you get a large chunk of people with money who cling to nostalgia

What's interesting is that we're in tough economic times. What happens when the economy bounces back?

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I know it's not baseball, but my buddy picked this up at a show for $5...

scan0002-1.jpg

I told he needed to let me sell it for him. He said that he would be happy to get $100 for it. I told him not to be surprised if it got $200.

I told him I was going to put it up with a $300 BIN/BO and if it didn't sell, list it at auction.

Listed it last night and on a whim decided to change the BIN price. He's glad I did!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390362948135?ss ... 245wt_1187

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
tonsofcommons said:

I told he needed to let me sell it for him. He said that he would be happy to get $100 for it. I told him not to be surprised if it got $200.

I told him I was going to put it up with a $300 BIN/BO and if it didn't sell, list it at auction.

Listed it last night and on a whim decided to change the BIN price. He's glad I did!

Um, that's a decent ROI. Very nice!

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
tonsofcommons said:

scan0002-1.jpg

OMG! I was actually watching that!! The regular version sold in the same minute for $37!! I whole bunch of Jordan cards sold for ridiculous money last night and I was just watching them go... I would say you are the victim of great timing!!!! :D

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Jordan stuff is absolutely nuts right now. He has so many $1,000 cards and up. He IS the 90's Super Sweet. I don't see how many people could afford to collect Jordan. Congrats on the good sale. Wonder what it would have sold for just as an auction. Either way, that's awesome!

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Yeah, I don't know. I'm mad that I didn't get it before him (I was at the same show), but the fact I just made an easy $100+ is alright by me!

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
RustyGreerFan said:
riveraXVX said:
RustyGreerFan said:
Maybe PART OF IT is history is just repeating itself. Just like the boom in the 80's of baby boomers reliving their youth, now a portion of the people that were introduced to collecting in the 90's peak are coming back because their financial situation allows them to be nostalgic. Improved finances and nostalgia are two of the reasons I've returned, for example.

this is precisely what I accredit to, same thing happened in collecting hardcore records my other shared interest with cardboard picture cards. once everyone who was a poor broke kid who wished they had all the sought after records got out of school, got real jobs and actually had disposable income to throw at stuff, they can afford to drop bigger money on the stuff they want... and on the rarer items they always wanted or want now and don't have to be as choosy about spending the cash.

its happened in almost every hobby I've been a part of when you get a large chunk of people with money who cling to nostalgia

What's interesting is that we're in tough economic times. What happens when the economy bounces back?
Perhaps a better question is what happens when it doesnt?

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
RustyGreerFan said:

And thats why I cant really pursue the big money cards. But luckily, theres still a fair amount of dollar cards i need...

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
clarkfan said:
Jordan stuff is absolutely nuts right now. He has so many $1,000 cards and up. He IS the 90's Super Sweet. I don't see how many people could afford to collect Jordan. Congrats on the good sale. Wonder what it would have sold for just as an auction. Either way, that's awesome!

A lot of it is manipulated by a few sellers. If you have the time, it's an interesting read from the Basketball Forum.....

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=116315&hilit=jordan

Members online

Latest posts