Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Patience...I hate this part of the hobby!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Waiting for 1/1's is pretty pointless. They could be sitting in an un-opened box on a shelf. 1/1's are a treat. It pays to remain diligent and check every day, but I don't ever expect to find them. Just a serendipitous day when you do find one.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I have been searching for the last Mirror Black I need since the set came out in 2005.

JJ05MB.jpg

Six of the Seven showed up on eBay, it seems like the last one could bother to show up. I guess the hunt is pretty pointless, but I still check ebay every day.

So I'm with you OP. I hate this part of the hobby as well...

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Mine always goes something like this........

Have a wantlist with a few cards on it....dont see them for 6-7 months....then all the sudden 15 of them pop up and I of course cant afford them all at once........

Maybe I buy one or 2 at best, then I sit for another 6-7 months and dont see them again, then the same thing happens.....they seem to come all at once or not at all for me.

Funny thing is, it is usually right around the end of baseball season to beginning of football/basketball/hockey season (Or the beginning of the Christmas shopping season) that this usually happens. I have decided that not this year but the following Christmas I will be waiting with unlimited PAYPAL for them----only thing is more than likely when I am ready they wont show up!!!

TK

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
As someone who mostly focuses on a few rare sets, it's all about waiting. I haven't added a single card to my 2005 Origins Old Judge Gold set in a year and a half, because I was down to 2 cards. I almost fell off my chair when one did show up the other day (I won it and received it promptly). But God knows when a Chris Burke will show up.

Also working on 2006 UD WBC Patches, 2001 Topps Heritage chromes, and 2005 UD Classics Fantasy Team, in case anyone wants to hook me up. I need I think 48, 9, and 5 cards, respectively.

As a collector of an active star player, there is always something new coming out, but there will be a couple weeks when nothing really great shows up, and then 2 or 3 high-end, absolutely must-have things will appear at once. So sometimes patience isn't just rewarded but punished.

The thing of the hobby is, while it's good to focus on a few things, there's always a huge variety of things to explore and maybe add to your list.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Im really trying to knock out the last 10 cards or so I need from 1988-95 for my PC.. some of them are no value cards.. some are from limited set only issues, some are prototypes, and some are old school 90's inserts with extremely long pack pull odds.. All of them have one thing in common and thats 14 years later I still don't own any of them. I search everywhere hi and low in hopes to come across them. I know sooner or later they will arrive piece by piece but my patience gets thin at times waiting.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
I guess, for me, I get very little enjoyment out of the mid-low range filler.

I love base cards because there is more photography, stats, and player info, but after that, if it isn't a 1/1 or ultra-rare; it really does nothing for me.

Members online