Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player collectors, how much have you spent total?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
Collected Chavez since 2001 and spent $11,205.79 this figure does not include shipping. Most expensive card was $375. Average card price breaks down to $4.09.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
A lot... :?

I don't feel too bad though because I have never thought that what I was spending was useless.Sure you have to watch yourself and make sure you pay your bills and get things taken care of before you buy trivial things but if you want... look at it this way:All that money you may have spent elsewhere on other non-important things. I used to go to the pool hall all the time or go out and do all sorts of things.I wasted a lot of money doing that crap.Finally I stopped and started getting more focused with where I spent my money.My friends griped at me for being so frugal but I don't like to spend my money and not have anything to show for it.Having a hangover and smelling like cigarette smoke isn't exactly what I would term having something to show for your money.Neither is going out to McDonalds to eat all the time(unless you count your lovehandles) and neither are a lot of things.Just think about all the other useless crap you would have spent it on and you'll feel better.Because if you have money...you are most likely going to spend it.At least you have something to show for it.

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
predatorkj said:
A lot... :?

I don't feel too bad though because I have never thought that what I was spending was useless.Sure you have to watch yourself and make sure you pay your bills and get things taken care of before you buy trivial things but if you want... look at it this way:All that money you may have spent elsewhere on other non-important things. I used to go to the pool hall all the time or go out and do all sorts of things.I wasted a lot of money doing that crap.Finally I stopped and started getting more focused with where I spent my money.My friends griped at me for being so frugal but I don't like to spend my money and not have anything to show for it.Having a hangover and smelling like cigarette smoke isn't exactly what I would term having something to show for your money.Neither is going out to McDonalds to eat all the time(unless you count your lovehandles) and neither are a lot of things.Just think about all the other useless crap you would have spent it on and you'll feel better.Because if you have money...you are most likely going to spend it.At least you have something to show for it.

I couldn't agree more.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
Superfractor said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
Less than $200 on Barmes and I feel like I have a lot to show for it.
You should show it... ;)

Anyways, I'm a team collector but I think the same applies as the passion runs deep in us, as well: I'd say around 6K.

I wish i could. I don't have a scanner and dont live with my cards.

Here are the highlights
2005 BC Super
2003 LCM 1/1 RC
75 autos
2003 (first season) GU bat
2006 GU bat
8x10 of his Opening day Walk off homer

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
17ROCKIES12 said:
Superfractor said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
You should show it... ;)

Anyways, I'm a team collector but I think the same applies as the passion runs deep in us, as well: I'd say around 6K.

Here are the highlights
2005 BC Super
2003 LCM 1/1 RC
75 autos
2006 GU bat
Man, if you ever obtain a scanner or find a way to upload an image, I would simply love to see that Super.

I believe the LCM 1/1 went up two times? It went quite cheap the second time, so good job on that price. If I was into non-AU rookies a few months back, I would have given it a run for its money. I think I was in my high-end Rockies memorabilia craze, during that time.

Hopefully the LCM 1/1 AU shows its head up...

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
Superfractor said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
Superfractor said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
You should show it... ;)

I think i had seen it atleast once. It was only like $20 so I got it. I'd love to find the auto'd one too.

Here are the highlights
2005 BC Super
2003 LCM 1/1 RC
75 autos
2006 GU bat
Man, if you ever obtain a scanner or find a way to upload an image, I would simply love to see that Super.

I believe the LCM 1/1 went up two times? It went quite cheap the second time, so good job on that price. If I was into non-AU rookies a few months back, I would have given it a run for its money. I think I was in my high-end Rockies memorabilia craze, during that time.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
17ROCKIES12 said:
Superfractor said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
Superfractor said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
You should show it... ;)

I think i had seen it atleast once. It was only like $20 so I got it. I'd love to find the auto'd one too.

Here are the highlights
2005 BC Super
2003 LCM 1/1 RC
75 autos
2006 GU bat

Come again? :)

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
I don't have any idea how much I've spent, but I have left 4848 feedback all except maybe a handful are Ripken card purchases. If I spent an average of 2.50 on postage that comes to $12120 on shipping. :eek:

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
miguelcabrera said:
Russ S. said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
bouwob said:
between 10 and 12k easily.

I would bet though that Be8el0ve, wins this one.

Him or one of the griffey collectors or even bigalbert (the ripken collector)
Have to agree. Here.

my guess would be zambrano38

Seriously?
Sell me some of what your smoking please!

No way Zambrano highends outsell Ripken or Jeter. And that is exactly what Be8 and Al collect.
Not taking away from Zambrano38's collection, but very doubtful.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Russ S. said:
miguelcabrera said:
[quote="Russ S.":2o3xlj9b]
thenumberonemetfan said:
bouwob said:

Have to agree. Here.

Seriously?

No way Zambrano highend outsell Ripken or Jeter. And that is exactly what Be8 and Al collect.
Not taking away from Zambrano38's collection, but very doubtful.[/quote:2o3xlj9b]

That does not mean that zambrano does not have more 1/1's and high end cards then the other two, adding up to more spent than the other two does it?

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
miguelcabrera said:
Russ S. said:
miguelcabrera said:
[quote="Russ S.":355qjg31]
thenumberonemetfan said:
bouwob said:

Have to agree. Here.

Seriously?

No way Zambrano highend outsell Ripken or Jeter. And that is exactly what Be8 and Al collect.

That does not mean that zambrano does not have more 1/1's and high end cards then the other two, adding up to more spent than the other two does it?[/quote:355qjg31]
How do you figure Zambrano has more 1/1's then Jeter and Ripken. THey have 7 and 17 years more in the hobby respectfully. Highly doubt Zambrano out cards them.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Russ S. said:
miguelcabrera said:
[quote="Russ S.":2lpmgwm4]
miguelcabrera said:
[quote="Russ S.":2lpmgwm4]
thenumberonemetfan said:
bouwob said:

Have to agree. Here.

Seriously?

That does not mean that zambrano does not have more 1/1's and high end cards then the other two, adding up to more spent than the other two does it?[/quote:2lpmgwm4]
How do you figure Zambrano has more 1/1's then Jeter and Ripken. THey have 7 and 17 years more in the hobby respectfully. Highly doubt Zambrano out cards them.[/quote:2lpmgwm4]

Not what i said at all
i said the zambrano collector has more 1/1's than the jeter collector and the ripken collector, and even though zambranos cards sell for less than jeter/ripken, now follow with me here, the fact that the zambrano collector not zambrano has more cards than the ripken and jeter collectors could mean the lower priced cards actually add up to more becuase he has more of them

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
miguelcabrera said:
Russ S. said:
miguelcabrera said:
[quote="Russ S.":1dthkm39]
miguelcabrera said:
[quote="Russ S.":1dthkm39]
thenumberonemetfan said:
[quote="bouwob":1dthkm39]between 10 and 12k easily.

Have to agree. Here.

Seriously?

That does not mean that zambrano does not have more 1/1's and high end cards then the other two, adding up to more spent than the other two does it?[/quote:1dthkm39]
How do you figure Zambrano has more 1/1's then Jeter and Ripken. THey have 7 and 17 years more in the hobby respectfully. Highly doubt Zambrano out cards them.[/quote:1dthkm39]

Not what i said at all
i said the zambrano collector has more 1/1's than the jeter collector and the ripken collector, and even though zambranos cards sell for less than jeter/ripken, now follow with me here, the fact that the zambrano collector not zambrano has more cards than the ripken and jeter collectors could mean the lower priced cards actually add up to more becuase he has more of them[/quote:1dthkm39]
Well, if you followed along at all in ANY of Be8's maildays and pickups he posts daily of AMAZING cards, or have ever seen AL's bucket, you'd actually realize how retarded your statement truely was.

But most of use tend to expect that already.
Pass the J bro.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Russ S. said:
miguelcabrera said:
[quote="Russ S.":370sltws]
miguelcabrera said:
miguelcabrera said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
[quote="bouwob":370sltws]between 10 and 12k easily.

Have to agree. Here.

Seriously?

That does not mean that zambrano does not have more 1/1's and high end cards then the other two, adding up to more spent than the other two does it?[/quote:370sltws]
How do you figure Zambrano has more 1/1's then Jeter and Ripken. THey have 7 and 17 years more in the hobby respectfully. Highly doubt Zambrano out cards them.[/quote:370sltws]

Not what i said at all
i said the zambrano collector has more 1/1's than the jeter collector and the ripken collector, and even though zambranos cards sell for less than jeter/ripken, now follow with me here, the fact that the zambrano collector not zambrano has more cards than the ripken and jeter collectors could mean the lower priced cards actually add up to more becuase he has more of them[/quote:370sltws]
Well, if you followed along at all in ANY of Be8's maildays and pickups he posts daily of AMAZING cards, or have ever seen AL's bucket, you'd actually realize how retarded your statement truely was.

But most of use tend to expect that already.
Pass the J bro.[/quote:370sltws]

If you have ever seen zambranos bucket you will see he clearly has more 1/1's than the jeter collector and ripken collector. Not taking away from the Jeter and Ripken collectors as they have better collections way better than mine, but if you have seen all of their buckets, you will notice zambrano owns more high end cards than them. Pass the apple brosef.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
miguelcabrera said:
If you have ever seen zambranos bucket you will see he clearly has more 1/1's than the jeter collector and ripken collector. Not taking away from the Jeter and Ripken collectors as they have better collections way better than mine, but if you have seen all of their buckets, you will notice zambrano owns more high end cards than them. Pass the apple brosef.

I've seen it. Been awhile, and he doesn't seem to post as much, but I'll bite and and play your little games and say I don't think he touches Al's by a long shot. Be8's maybe, he seems to buy anything and everything, not just high end.

Hell, ROY has refocused his Griffey collection to purely High Ends, and I bet it beats Zams.

Have you ever seen Al's bucket?

Again, not taking away Zams collection, as I'd love to own any Ripken like some of his, but I don't think his trumps some I know.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Russ S. said:
miguelcabrera said:

I've seen it. Been awhile, and he doesn't seem to post as much, but I'll bite and and play your little games and say I don't think he touches Al's by a long shot. Be8's maybe, he seems to buy anything and everything, not just high end.

I have, he seems to do strictly high end ripken, amazing amazing amazing collection with barrels, 1/1's etc, but he does not have nearly as much as zambrano imho.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
miguelcabrera said:
Russ S. said:
miguelcabrera said:

I have, he seems to do strictly high end ripken, amazing amazing amazing collection with barrels, 1/1's etc, but he does not have nearly as much as zambrano imho.
That it is.

And mine is different. Oh well.

I wish I could strictly focus on just high ends, but I can't and don't.

Members online

Latest posts