Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player collectors, how much have you spent total?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
I won't even try to figure that out. Here is something though. The cheapest McGwire auto I've picked up was for $185. The most was $500. Every other auto was in between that range. Here are my McGwire autos minus two I haven't scanned.

mcgwire-autos.jpg

Mcgwire-autos2.jpg

McGwire-autos3.jpg

mcgwire-autos5.jpg

McGwire-autos4.jpg

Mac-quad.jpg

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
between 10 and 12k easily.

I would bet though that Be8el0ve, wins this one.

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
docdw25 said:
I won't even try to figure that out. Here is something though. The cheapest McGwire auto I've picked up was for $185. The most was $500. Every other auto was in between that range. Here are my McGwire autos minus two I haven't scanned.

McGwire-autos3.jpg

I love the Sosa/McGwire dual. That is probably next on my list. I'm not sure on an exact number but I would guess I've spent about 5-6K on Sosa.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
cmixer said:
because my players are low-end;
I've spent more on shipping than the cards.

500 cards won at an average price of $1.50 each;
with shipping at an average of $2.50 each - LOL.
you collect Pirates also ?????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

n1astrosfn

Dec 4, 2008
charlotte
i wonder how off some of you are in your guesstimates. i would say its one of those psychological things to underestimate the total spent. i never thought i would spent as much as i did but my excel file proves otherwise. i collected bagwell my junior year in high school through all 4 yrs of college. TOTAL: $16606.68

i only had a part time job for the 4 years in college so i would guesstimate 80-90% of my dough went to cards. sad, i know. i was pretty money savvy and my buying philosophy was only to buy if i knew i could sell it for more. which helped me when i sold the cards after college. TOTAL SOLD: $21896.51 w/ $1549.94 in cards ive yet to sell (mostly rookies)

highest card sold: 2005 donruss signature inkredible trios bagwell berkman biggio sp /5: $326.41 sold for 358ish on ebay
most ever paid: 2005 diamond kings recollection autographs platinum /1: $129.99

too much info i know

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Andre Ethier and Jeff Francis are cheap, thank goodness.
Including all of Ethier's rookies, about 75 autographed cards, lots of patches, two bats, a few 1/1s, a signed cap and his '05 Topps Chrome Red X/Fractor /25, I've spent about $800.
It helps that I started collecting him in 2005 after I met him in the minors and his signed rookies were dirt cheap.
I've spent about $150 on Jeff Francis stuff, and I have a large collection of his cards, autographs and three signed and used minor league caps.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Gonna guess around 800-1000 so far. Only collecting a few sets right now, so I'm sure it'll go up when I decide on which to pursue next. Plus I still got Supers and plates to get...$$$

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
n1astrosfn said:
i wonder how off some of you are in your guesstimates. i would say its one of those psychological things to underestimate the total spent. i never thought i would spent as much as i did but my excel file proves otherwise. i collected bagwell my junior year in high school through all 4 yrs of college. TOTAL: $16606.68

i only had a part time job for the 4 years in college so i would guesstimate 80-90% of my dough went to cards. sad, i know. i was pretty money savvy and my buying philosophy was only to buy if i knew i could sell it for more. which helped me when i sold the cards after college. TOTAL SOLD: $21896.51 w/ $1549.94 in cards ive yet to sell (mostly rookies)

highest card sold: 2005 donruss signature inkredible trios bagwell berkman biggio sp /5: $326.41 sold for 358ish on ebay
most ever paid: 2005 diamond kings recollection autographs platinum /1: $129.99

too much info i know

Parts of me which I had kept track as meticulous as you did and other parts don't. I know I'm well over 15K into my Jones collection which I could maybe recoup half? I know I've got 40/50 cards I paid upwards of $100+ for and well now that Jones sucks they don't sell for anything...Doesn't really matter though since these cards are PC and will never leave my collection.

Members online