Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player collectors, how much have you spent total?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Russ S. said:
miguelcabrera said:
[quote="Russ S.":1b2klxjc]
miguelcabrera said:
If you have ever seen zambranos bucket you will see he clearly has more 1/1's than the jeter collector and ripken collector. Not taking away from the Jeter and Ripken collectors as they have better collections way better than mine, but if you have seen all of their buckets, you will notice zambrano owns more high end cards than them. Pass the apple brosef.

I've seen it. Been awhile, and he doesn't seem to post as much, but I'll bite and and play your little games and say I don't think he touches Al's by a long shot. Be8's maybe, he seems to buy anything and everything, not just high end.

Have you ever seen Al's bucket?

I have, he seems to do strictly high end ripken, amazing amazing amazing collection with barrels, 1/1's etc, but he does not have nearly as much as zambrano imho.
That it is.

And mine is different. Oh well.

I wish I could strictly focus on just high ends, but I can't and don't.[/quote:1b2klxjc]

You still have a great collection, and at least you finally landed the crusade red. I cant focus on strictly high end either and Ive had to pass up many many good cards because I didnt have the money for it (including the wbc logo patch 1/1), but as a player collector it is still fun collecting low end cards as well imo and building up percentage owned.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
Look there is no need for you guys to argue over it. Players like Jeter and Ripken simply have more cards than Zambrano. I could buy pretty much every high end Zambrano card out there and still would not spend as much as a Jeter or Ripken collector because they have so many more cards to choose from, and they sell for more.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Zambrano38 said:
Look there is no need for you guys to argue over it. Players like Jeter and Ripken simply have more cards than Zambrano. I could buy pretty much every high end Zambrano card out there and still would not spend as much as a Jeter or Ripken collector because they have so many more cards to choose from, and they sell for more.

Point I was trying to make. But you know how it is with that kid.
You have an AMAZING collection no doubt. I'd love to have many Ripken versions of some of your Zambrano cards, that is a fact. But I about pissed myself when I saw his first post stating what he did.

Happy Collecting.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
+1

If I was running a business I would keep track of what I've paid, but since I just buy for fun for the PC it doesn't matter. Its just important to (try to) keep within budget to keep from going over the deep end ;)

Fandruw25 said:
Parts of me which I had kept track as meticulous as you did and other parts don't. I know I'm well over 15K into my Jones collection which I could maybe recoup half? I know I've got 40/50 cards I paid upwards of $100+ for and well now that Jones sucks they don't sell for anything...Doesn't really matter though since these cards are PC and will never leave my collection.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Well I was looking through my cards and came up with a very conservative total of $4500. I would say it's much closer to $6,000 in reality, especially with shipping taken into account. Looking through my cards I forgot how expensive Webb stuff got for a few years.

I don't even want to know how much I have spent on the rest of my team collection.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
docdw25 said:
I won't even try to figure that out. Here is something though. The cheapest McGwire auto I've picked up was for $185. The most was $500. Every other auto was in between that range. Here are my McGwire autos minus two I haven't scanned.

mcgwire-autos.jpg

Mcgwire-autos2.jpg

McGwire-autos3.jpg

mcgwire-autos5.jpg

McGwire-autos4.jpg

Mac-quad.jpg

Love your auto collection! You need to complete that USA rainbow though!

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
let see...$950 last week, $1200 the week before, add in 22 more years of buying McGwire cards, and the grand total? waaaaaay too much...

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
In a little over 2 months, it's been $1,000.

Of course, that includes a Logo, Sterling Quad patch 1/1 auto, Sterling 1/1 Triple auto/gu and a 2001 eX rare auto.

Not a typical couple of months.

I'd say there is $5K into Yount

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
mudflap02 said:
Probably the soundest investment in the history of mankind, I have spent $1.779.80 on Jonny Gomes rookies and oddities.

$200 for the lot? :twisted:

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I got dizzy thinking about your number.... :shock:

onionring9 said:
let see...$950 last week, $1200 the week before, add in 22 more years of buying McGwire cards, and the grand total? waaaaaay too much...

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
If I remember correctly he collects four players: Will Clark, Eddie Murray, Darin Erstad, and Bucky Jacobsen.

While Bucky surely isn't the wallet-buster, ask him to post just rough estimates on his card totals for the other three players - then it won't be much of a shock :lol: .

I enjoy seeing his new Eddie Murray cards :cool:

thenumberonemetfan said:
theplasticman said:
Far far too much :lol: 6 figures at least.

I hope your not being serious. :shock:

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
i have no clue how much i spent
my paypal limits are down to 6300 out of 10000 because i am not verified, but that overlaps a lot of money from things i have sold and spent paypal funds again, counting the money twice
from that 6300 limit
i would have to estimate i have spent around 2800ish on my player collection of miguel

rbrownaz

Jun 2, 2009
i have only spent about $70 on Max Scherzer, and have obtained some good stuff (EEE Auto /12, Gold Refs, RC Autos), but price-wise, he isn't too hot right now. I guess if you're gonna buy on a budget, it's all in the timing, aka, the offseason.

Members online