Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collectors: How's 2011 going for you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bballjunky24

Dec 8, 2008
2011 has been going pretty well. I'm almost done with heritage, just need the dual stamp #/62 and the reg refractor $/562. Haven't had the funds to attack Topps S2 very strong.

I've picked up probably 6-7 1/1s this year and some other HTF cards that I avoided because they weren't 1/1s and they rarely popped up on ebay. Thanks to more activity on the boards and some great members my collection has really progressed. Right now I'm in need of 1 card to complete my 2010 Topps Triple Threads Rising Star Signature Rainbow. I already have the 1/1 wood, 1/1 platinum, & a 1/1 white whale plate, just need the blue #/10 to go with the #/25, #/50, #/75, & #/99 that I also have.

Also, with my introduction to COMC I've picked up most of the base/parallels that I needed.

2 Game used bats have been added as well and I'm in talks with a guy to land his 2 minor league game used jerseys (lancaster & mobile).

In summary, I've probably doubled the number of cards I have this year and picked up some sweet white whales... I'm stoked and the rest of the year can only get better...

-KD

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I started collecting Vince Young cards again. I quit in 2007 after a flood destroyed $3500 worth of my collection (2007 values, maybe $750 now). I decided to focus on cards picturing him in his college uniform.

When I started on January 19th, I had the following:
41 total
2 autographs
2 game used
8 serially numbered cards

As of today, I have:
109 total
9 autographs
16 game used
39 serially numbered cards

I set an end-of-year goal of 100 different cards and 50% completion. I'm at 109 and 54.5% and it's only June

It's the most fun I've had collecting in years

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Picked up a card that use to sell for several hundred dollars and got mine for $30, 2002 Bowman Chrome Gold Autograph RC of Khalil Greene.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Figured I would update...

The Gopher collection has stalled a bit, as well as the Perk collection.

Last week, I started a new Mike Kingery collection. The response was so great, I have a ton of his cards in already thanks to FCBers and eBay

marterburn

This will look better in about a week:

kemp2011copy.jpg

Incoming: Topps Black /60, Topps Gold /2010, Topps Diamond Sparkle, Bowman Blue.

I missed seeing the Bowman Blank Back by about 6 hours...ended for $15 dlvd....nuts.

Debating hitting this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :MEWAX:BIN ... but he's dropped the BIN a few times already, I'm hoping for just a little more. I've never seen a non-RC Kemp plate go for more than $23 dlvd at auction, most are right at $20.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Been doing pretty well this year. I had to sell off my collection around Christmas since we were planning on moving. Now that we've been settled, I've been able to start re-acquiring my Zimmerman Chrome collection. I won't be able to get back the 3 or 4 Supers I had, because I know they went to a great home, but I'll be able to get everything else eventually.

Also started picking up some Neil Walker Chromes. Local guy, and my favorite Pirate. I actually had a small stash of him back around 2005.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
ASTROBURN said:
Its been up and down. I Was able to make a few trades to get some Bagwells I didnt have yet, and ebay helped in that department as well. I was stickin to the dollar BIN's and trying to find sellers with multiple cards I need to save on shipping. But now money's tight so if I cant trade for em, I cant get em.

Another Bagwell collector? Welcome. Nice website btw.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Halfway through the year and I haven't added a single card from my want-list. :(

I've found a few in a couple collections, but so far no luck working out a trade. :( :(

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Well I decided to slim down the Pacific collection

These are the baseball sets. Haven't made a list of Football yet
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136010

I also decided to put together the "White Hot" Set from 95 Pinnacle. It is super awesome looking!

Other than that, I'm just trying to help other collectors build up their collections whenever I can.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I've gotten a "few" Josh Johnson's :oops:

April was a struggle, due to him being absolutely white hot, but his prices have come down a ton and I'm snatching up anything I can, that is within reason :p

'11 stuff has been solid. I've lost a Gypsy Queen black plate, because I didn't see it during the weekend, due to it being a one day auction ::facepalm::, but I've been able to pick up a couple of the '11 Topps All Star Name Plate cards for a very solid price :D. Other than that, haven't been picking up anything really other than JJ, Vanegas and Pfeifer (along with the occasional Keon Clark and a couple new projects pitchers I've been sorta eying up).

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
2011 cards: Pulled the Series 2 card. Still need to buy parallels.
Base cards: Added tons that I was missing from 2003-2010
GU cards: Picked up a couple rarer ones.
Autos: Only duplicates, but have gotten good deals
In person: Got my favorite piece signed and a few more.
Game used items: Finally landed my first piece (Rockies) today. Hoping to add tons of Astros stuff at the end of the year.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Glad to see this thread gain life again.

henderson- Sorry to hear that. You have an awesome Henderson collection.

BunchOBull- Congrats! Glad to hear you've been staying with it pretty well. I have failed. :lol: I haven't picked up a single Gypsy Queen yet.

jszczech- Congrats on the 1/1! Good idea with the lists. I do the same. It helps to keep me focused at times.

theplasticman- Hopefully some nice stuff will come out for your guys soon!

bballjunky24- Wow! Sounds like this year is going very well for you. Good luck!

JH- That's awesome that this year is going so well for you. Sucks about the flood in 2007, but glad that you've been able to rebuild.

jrinne- Nice pick up. It's always nice when you can pick something up on the cheap.

TBT- Glad to hear the Kingery collection is doing well. I'm sure the Gopher and Perkins collections will get going again.

marterburn- Very nice! Looking forward to seeing them all together when the rest come in.

Pat- Glad to hear everything went smooth and that you're rebuilding. Good luck!

Vizquel- That sucks. Good luck! I hope something works out for you.

Eddie- Good luck brother!

55- Having a player get hot definitely does not help. Of course Dunn is about as cold as you can get, so it makes it a little cheaper for me.

17Rockies- Congrats on your first game used piece! That's awesome.

Here are some more 2011 cards

2011 Topps Heritage
#54; NL Home Run Leaders
th_2011ToppsHeritage54A.jpg

2011 Topps Heritage
#175; Base, Blue Tint, Green Tint, Red Tint
th_2011ToppsHeritage175A.jpgth_2011ToppsHeritage175C.jpgth_2011ToppsHeritage175E.jpgth_2011ToppsHeritage175G.jpg

2011 Topps Heritage Stamp with Adrian Beltre /62
th_2011ToppsHeritageStampsDBA.jpg

For Heritage, I am just missing the stamp with Colby Rasmus. There are 62 of them, so I should land one at some point in time.

Thanks to Pinbreaker, I have my first 2011 Bowman card

2011 Bowman
th_2011Bowman182A.jpg

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
muskiesfan said:
Glad to see this thread gain life again.

55- Having a player get hot definitely does not help. Of course Dunn is about as cold as you can get, so it makes it a little cheaper for me.

Right now, JJ is cooler than the Arctic Ocean. Sure, there are the occasional bigger sales, but the '06 Finest Gold Refractors which were selling in the $80 to $110 range in April and early May, have cooled " a bit ". I just picked one up for $35 dlvd :p

(BTW, this will be copy #4 of said card :mrgreen: )

Members online

Latest posts