Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player collectors with 1000+ different cards come on in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubuffs13

Mar 24, 2010
Provo, UT
Up to around 2330 Arods. Lately I have only been picking up things from his Seattle and Yankees days. My pick ups go through phases. For a couple of months i'll try and go quantity while others i'll go for quality.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I will have to get all of mine updated but I am over 1000 different Puckett cards but only at 950 beckett recognized. Give me a couple months I will be there on both lists.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Just added five more cards to bring my total to 1006. I'm at 96% complete for playing career.

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
I'm at 3754 different Rickey Henderson items, but in addition to cards that number includes bats, gloves, statues, pins, books, magazines, and all sorts of other weird stuff. I've never separated it out into a count of just cards. Maybe some rainy Sunday I'll do that.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I'm actually in the process of going through my Olerud lists and verifying my counts. I've got close to 1100 different items, which includes jerseys, 8x10's, postcards, bobbleheads, etc. If you're looking at just cards, I think I'm at around 1000.

I collect anything, and I estimate I'm still at less than 50% of the cards. I'm concentrating on Blue Jays cards since they are my favorite team, and I have about 95% of them.

- Rod

EDIT: (March 8) Just finished verifying my counts and I'm only at 998 different cards (51.8%). While my guesses above were pretty close, I guess I technically shouldn't have posted in this thread. Sorry! :)

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
at over 3200 different Andruw's. I only collect base, inserts, and parallels. I no longer collect game used or auto cards after 2001. I also do not collect 1/1 cards. So while that limits my searches, I still seem to add new cards every few weeks.

ronzo

Sep 8, 2008
Stroudsburg, PA
Just curious. How did most of you acquire most of the base and lower end inserts? Constantly buying large lots, or slowly picking them up and eating the shipping costs?

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
ronzo said:
Just curious. How did most of you acquire most of the base and lower end inserts? Constantly buying large lots, or slowly picking them up and eating the shipping costs?

I find that Beckett Marketplace is a good spot to pick up low-end cards. The big sellers have lots of variety and the shipping rates are generally not bad, definitely better than eBay or COMC. Just today I placed an order with Burbank for 26 cards ranging in price from 25 cents to $1.82 each and the shipping came to $6.50 to Canada (so it'd be even cheaper if you're in the US). When you consider the most eBay sellers charge around 3 bucks for a single card, and COMC charges their base rate plus 25 cents per card, I think Beckett Marketplace is one of the best places to buy low-end stuff.

- Rod

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I stopped keeping up with my Sizemore spreadsheet about a year ago, but I was over 1100 then, probably over 1200 now (last year was a relatively slow year for Grady material, thank God). I'm at over 1000 Frank Thomas cards, probably around 1250 give or take. Sizemore has probably overtaken Frank in my closet.

ronzo said:

for nomar trades, discount boxes, and ebay are where i picked up the bulk of the collection. in 07-08 when he was failing horribly on the field his cards were cheaper than they are now after retirement.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Sadly, I lost count of my collection (Sammy Sosa) since Beckett switched My Collection over to My Organize.

I won't count myself in this club yet, but I'm guessing I have between 800-1000. Most of my base and inserts are in binders (unorganized), so it would be a complete chore to even think about organizing them.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
I just passed the 1,000 mark on the Paul O'Neill collection, I am at 1012/1304 = 78%

- of the 300 remaining cards, 100 are from the 1990s, 200 are from the 2000s
- have 835 of 1,000 cards from his playing years thru 2002, the remaining ones are top priority
- 85 of the remaining 300 "listed" cards are 1/1s
- 50% done with 1998 Tek patterns, looking for the remaining but low priority at this time
- have 4 diffractors, looking to just get 9 total to fill an album page
- I don't pursue aftermarket printing plates, bankruptcy cards, "proofs"

I try to go after everything, but I will only get certain types of cards if they are really cheap. For the past couple of years, I have been averaging one card per week but that may slow down really soon.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Great collections guys!

I'm not exactly sure how many I have, somewhere between 5100-5200 unique cards, 3000-5000 dups, and probably 100-200 other misc pieces. Haven't had much time to spend on the hobby lately. I don't think I've logged a card in my database for 4-5 months, got a pile sitting here that I need to input. No time to breathe let alone play!

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Wow- some heavy hitters in here!

I am at 2,622 different Manny Ramirez cards. I have 1,011 out of 1,306 (77%) for Manny' s 90's cards, so I'm thinking of going for completion for the 90's stuff and doing what jarcar apparently did. Just have to do it.... ;)

jarcar said:
I had over 2000 different Larry Walker cards. I was trying for all of them, about 4000+, but have since decided to concentrate on the 1990's so I have been selling off my cards from the 2000's. So I think I have about 1500 now.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
I'm about to sit down and watch a movie and I'll figure out my 90's ARod collection % sometime tonight.

Jarcar and carrsallstars have the same plan I adopted about a year and a half ago. I have a couple thousand ARods from 2000 and beyond looking to get rid of (Hello cubuffs). Just saying.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
I have 1900+ different Josh Beckett's. Each one is in a penny sleeve, top loader, and team bag sorted alphabetically and separated by year inside of a Monster Box :D . I refuse to scan because I hate it so much, but I will probably pull everything out soon and make a youtube video. I am trying for one of every card, but I have focused mainly on high end stuff. I could conceivably hit 85% of his Beckett listed stuff very soon if I decided to catch up on base cards.

Members online

Latest posts