Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Possibly most Misinformed collector EVER!!! watch this Vid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Re: Possibly the dumbest collector EVER!!! gotta watch this Vid

I want to feel bad for the guy but I can't. He hasn't done his homework and is ignorant and stubborn when it comes to people trying to help him with the truth. Sorry people telling you that you were had doesn't mean that their jealous of your patch collection :lol: :lol:

This is ridiculous, and insane. The worst part is if you think about how much he spent. He's not the only guy out there bidding on these, and I'm willing to bet each patch was between 80-800 per. This guy probably has 15-20k+ in fake patches. Gotta kind of feel for the guy, even though he is severely uninformed

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary

Oh wow, this is the guy who has been buying them up :eek:

and PSA graded all those :shock: :shock: :shock:

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina

I just sent the guy an email. I didn't want to post on youtube to incite a riot so I just sent it to him via email.

Here is what I wrote:

Hello,

I just got thru watching your video that you made where you showcased your patch cards that you have collected. First of all, I commend you on your efforts to try to pick up some nice cards. I am a sucker for multi color patch cards and its nice to see someone else share the same passion for a certain type of card like I do.

Now, I didn't post on the youtube video as you are probably going to get some major negative comments about your collection. Why you ask? Its pretty simple. Many and I do mean many of these cards that you show are absolutely fake. Now, you can sit here and tell me I'm a liar and I have no idea, but its pretty simple. Many of the cards are denoted on the front as "authentic game worn jersey" rather than the authentic game worn jersey PRIME designation. I help run a website for collectors(www.freedomcardboard.com) that goes indepth and discusses the cards like this that have been faked and the people that make these cards.

While you may say that they have been graded by PSA, many of the grading companies don't authenticate the patch portion but rather just grade the card itself based on edges, corners, surface, centering. One of our members recently had an article posted in Tuff Stuff magazine in which he outted some of the people behind the making of these fake cards and many of them were just like the ones you own.

Eventhough Donruss was going out of business, many of the cards you showed would never have the type of patch that your cards do. Most would have been plain jersey swatches. At freedomcardboard.com, we have a very knowledgeable membership that are very up to date on the fake patch makers and the types of cards that they sell to unsuspecting people. There are even a few folks that have gone as far as to try to contact the fake patch makers to discuss the issues at hand. No dice. Some of the people outted in the Tuff Stuff article even have had charges filed against them for forging the cards.

I'm not trying to bash you or destroy your collection with a ton of negativity. I am simply trying to pass along some helpful information that hopefully will help you in the future of your collection.

I challenge you to come on over to freedomcardboard.com and meet some of the folks that have the knowledge about this issue. As a fellow collector, I along with the members on my site, hate to see people throw their hard earned money away on fake patches and autographed cards. We are banding together to help the authorities track down and prosecute these individuals who cheat good collectors out of their money.

I hope this email finds you in good spirits and that you decide to swing over to join in the discussion that takes place on a daily basis. Please feel free to email me here or look for me on the community forums anytime. My screenname on there is blanning71.

Thank you for your time,

Brian Lanning

Staff

Freedom Cardboard.com

Now, I hope he understands and perhaps we can have a decent discussion on the issue.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary

I am still in shock :shock: :shock:

I can't believe what i just watched :shock:

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois

I wish it was possible to reach through the monitor and slap people in the back of the head. :benson:

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina

I just want to help the guy understand. I don't want to slap him or whatever, I just want to help him. Its really sickening to sit here and try to fathom just how much he has spent on those two boxes of cards. I hate it for him and I only hope that he can pick up some "accurate" information about the severity of patch fakers ruining the hobby with crap like he has in his boxes.

I hope he decides to come over here and read what some of the people on here have to say about some of fakers and what type of cards they are making. Maybe it'll save him a few bucks.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota

chashawk said:
I wish it was possible to reach through the monitor and slap people in the back of the head. :benson:

Agreed!!!

On a side note, I don't think we should feel bad for this person because I'm 85% sure its a robot!

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary

i guess he never visited fakepatchreport.com, i bet a bunch of his are on there.

and has PSA lost all credibility?? How could they slab all those?? That only means that they are a fraud or have absolutely no idea about modern patch cards at all. Zero. Nothing. Nadda. Like mentioned i guarantee our younger members could pick those fakes out. So many "Game worn jersey" and numbered to 499?? C'mon PSA!! ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009

"Tell me somebody out there's got a better Pirates patch. I doubt it!"

HAHAHAHA

"Not really interested in letter patches... I can spell"

This video is priceless!!!

Now if only we could *cool story bro, mod edit* and video it to accompany this one!

Vagrant

May 2, 2009

Guys you really need to leave him alone. If he finds out for real that these are fake, he's going to throw them back into the market in an attempt to get his money back. If this ****** wants to run up fake patch auctions and pay for them, then let him do it. He's taking them off the market and preventing a lot of really nice but susceptible people from being scammed.

If it has to happen to anybody, and logic says it does, then I would want it to be somebody like this that thinks they have the world figured out. You know what they say about a fool and his money.

Jul 30, 2009

Looks like a few he has can also be found on fakepatchreport.com

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina

Vagrant said:
Guys you really need to leave him alone. If he finds out for real that these are fake, he's going to throw them back into the market in an attempt to get his money back. If this ****** wants to run up fake patch auctions and pay for them, then let him do it. He's taking them off the market and preventing a lot of really nice but susceptible people from being scammed.

If it has to happen to anybody, and logic says it does, then I would want it to be somebody like this that thinks they have the world figured out. You know what they say about a fool and his money.

I really disagree. Its fine to turn the other cheek and ignore some things, but I for one happen to care about my fellow collector and if I can help them make more sound decisions and pass along knowledge, I'm going to do so. If he dumps, he dumps. Perhaps he will list them as "works of art" and not as authentic. Even so, we will have helped one more person realize that the scum known as patch fakers need to go away from this hobby.......quickly.

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR

At 5:15 into the video the CC Sabithia patch is from the year before he was drafted.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008

That was cool of you Blan to invite him here but I would not blame him if he dint ever post as if I was new and just came on here and then read a thread calling me a ******, Idiot and any other name I would just leave and never come back. I know this guy, not personally, and I know he did not make any of these patches he bought them. We had a long conversation about his patches and I know it hurt him when I gave him some advise about fakes and such as he got defensive. I just ended up wishing him good luck as I no longer wanted to burst his bubble. In this situation I blame PSA for slabbing them. If I did no research, did not frequent a message board and took the hobby and people for granted then Yes I would believe these are real. How do I know because I was him at one time 4 years ago. Up intill 1 and a half years I was buying fakes thinking they were real. It was not till I landed on BMB (6 Months before they Crashed) that I realized what people were saying was true. It wasnt till I frequented a message board that I started to do research on patches and realizing what was what. I myself took people and the hobby for granted thinking that no one would do this, obviously I was wrong. I remember when I was told I had fakes and i was very defensive and pretty down and in denial because I did not want to believe that I spent a ton of money on altered cards and I thought of myself as being someone semi Bright as how could I get scammed??
It wasnt untill someone calmily explained some of the things to look for in fakes and one day I just went thru my collection and started to notice all or most of the alterations. It finally smacked me right across the face that I really did have fakes. As much as it hurt it was the best thing that ever happen to me in that It helped me turn my collection around. I Do feel for the guy and just hope that someone can reach him. I will try and contact him again to see if I can open his eyes a bit better.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas

If he wasn't such an angry, bragging robot, I might actually feel sorry for him.

Jurgy25

Aug 14, 2008
Northern California

Juust like a person's view point on religious and politics; nothing you say will change their mind. It is sad that this guy is so oblivious to the cards that hd has. Not only are they fake, but embarresingly over the top fakes. No point in arguing or trying to inform this guy because he has his own mindset. Just because psa graded these cards doesnt mean ****.

-Eric

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008

I don't even know what to say..........wow.

Members online

Latest posts