Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Possibly most Misinformed collector EVER!!! watch this Vid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

studioclint

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago
Re: Possibly the dumbest collector EVER!!! gotta watch this Vid

If he kept track of who he bought them from he would be a good guy to try and bring a case against the patch fakers.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois

studioclint said:
If he kept track of who he bought them from he would be a good guy to try and bring a case against the patch fakers.
Unfortunately, the biggest hurdle is convincing him that they are indeed fake. :benson:

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois

Casebusters said:
find out what his ebay id is and see what seller sold him the cards
My guess is most of them were private auctions. Can you still view the sellers in his FB profile?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois

miguelcabrera said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/05-Prime-Patches-Portraits-JACK-MORRIS-TIGER-PATCH_W0QQitemZ360208334106QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Baseball?hash=item53de16fd1a#ht_600wt_1114
Hey, hey! Miggy's back.

What's really sad is that there were 11 unique bidders on that auction. :benson:

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008

That is probably, hands down, the best patch collection I have ever seen. Thanks for posting this video. That guy must have worked long and hard to get a collection that nice. Truly beautiful and are all PSA graded none the less!

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008

Here is the problem I have with this guy, If 15-20 people where telling me something is fake I would be upset but be curious what the hell the are talking about. Now the red flag for me is he is sooooo oblivious to the patch faking world, yet had this story of since it was donruss's last release the put all the great patches in the set. It sounds as if he knows something but is trying to cover it up with some stupid made up story.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008

Well, I guess they really are "nice patches".

Too bad they just aren't real. :lol:

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois

nyc3 said:
Here is the problem I have with this guy, If 15-20 people where telling me something is fake I would be upset but be curious what the hell the are talking about. Now the red flag for me is he is sooooo oblivious to the patch faking world, yet had this story of since it was donruss's last release the put all the great patches in the set. It sounds as if he knows something but is trying to cover it up with some stupid made up story.
That is more and more what I am starting to think. It seems to me that this video is a
precursor to those cards being sold off, with the PSA slabs as the icing on the cake.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina

Out of respect to him, I am not going to post his response. I willl say that he was very polite and thanked me for my time. He had a question or two and provided me with a little more info in regards to a Preston Wilson card that he says he pulled from a box. I hope that I can reach out to him and show him the light. I just hate to think though how much he's dropped on these cards up to now. Be supportive rather than hate on the guy and perhaps if we continue to show him that we are trying to help, he will understand.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina

nyc3 said:

And I have pointed out to him that there are a TON of guys that are watching ebay for these cards and report them to ebay. I also pointed out fakepatchreport.com to him so that he can see that there are people dedicated to stopping these jerks who make the stuff.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO

subject to change said:
For example, a CC Sabathia card with a Jackie Robinson anniversary patch is simply impossible. CC was still in high school when that patch was worn.

I can't see the video from work, so I don't know what this particular Robinson patch looks like. I have several CC GU cards with a Robinson patch though... are you saying they are fake? From a quick google search I found out there are different patches, I saw 42 years and 50 years... so maybe you know this one is fake because of the years? Just curious...

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois

blanning71 said:
nyc3 said:
And I have pointed out to him that there are a TON of guys that are watching ebay for these cards and report them to ebay. I also pointed out fakepatchreport.com to him so that he can see that there are people dedicated to stopping these jerks who make the stuff.
It's really disappointing that Jeremy doesn't keep that site up to date anymore.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW

Another reason that leads me to believe he is some how involved in the making of said patch cards is because he continues to emphasize how these cards are numbered to up to 400 and that doesnt matter. e is trying to get people to believe that they are real, so he can sell them on the market for more. He keeps flipping to the back of the cards to show us that the cards are numbered so high.
ANother thing is he skips over a bunch of cards. If he were showing off his PC< he would not skip cards......

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina

miguelcabrera said:
Another reason that leads me to believe he is some how involved in the making of said patch cards is because he continues to emphasize how these cards are numbered to up to 400 and that doesnt matter. e is trying to get people to believe that they are real, so he can sell them on the market for more. He keeps flipping to the back of the cards to show us that the cards are numbered so high.
ANother thing is he skips over a bunch of cards. If he were showing off his PC< he would not skip cards......

Thanks Sherlock.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois

miguelcabrera said:
He actually says at the end, "these are the ones with less exciting patches". Then procedes to
show a Ramirez with a redonculous piece of the Cubs sleeve patch.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW

chashawk said:
miguelcabrera said:
He actually says at the end, "these are the ones with less exciting patches". Then procedes to
show a Ramirez with a redonculous piece of the Cubs sleeve patch.

He skipped the last one in his first foam padded case as well.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois

blanning71 said:
miguelcabrera said:
Thanks Sherlock.
Give the kid a break, B. Its his 1st day back. :lol:

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina

chashawk said:
blanning71 said:
miguelcabrera said:
Thanks Sherlock.
Give the kid a break, B. Its his 1st day back. :lol:

No quarter!

Members online

Latest posts