Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rauuuuuul!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Bottom of the 9th, two outs, gone! Does it again! This guy is having quite a week! Show off your Raul cards if you've got them!

Four times in the last three weeks Ibanez has hit a game tying HR in the ninth or later.

This is the second time of those four where he hit a two-run, game tying HR in the 9th or later to cap off a 4 run comeback.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Leaving Valverde in to give up 4 runs is probably the dumbest thing I have seen in my 10+ years of following baseball closely. Absolutely stupid move by Jim Leyland-every Tigers fan around the country knew what was coming. But Leyland was too stubborn/stupid to make the right move.

Props to Ibanez, because he had to hit it-but this was one of the biggest manager blunders I've ever seen.

EDIT: Interesting Tigers postseason stat. Starting pitchers have given up 5 runs in 41 innings this postseason, while Valverde has give up 7 runs in 2 1/3 innings.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
And yet Yankee fans complained about him all season. There are not more fair weather fans than the Yankee fans. Just wait until Cano goes 4-5 with 2 HR in a game and watch vw"nut" a tent.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
And yet Yankee fans complained about him all season. There are not more fair weather fans than the Yankee fans. Just wait until Cano goes 4-5 with 2 HR in a game and watch vw"nut" a tent.

going 4 for 5 tomorrow would bring his batting average all the way up to 0.181!

Cano's batting average is currently lower than Adam Jones postseason batting average!

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
going 4 for 5 tomorrow would bring his batting average all the way up to 0.181!

Cano's batting average is currently lower than Adam Jones postseason batting average!

You think you are personally attacking me but you are not. It does not bother me how poorly Adam Jones did in the playoffs b/c I know we would not have sniffed the playoffs without him.

I find it humorous you dog Cano so much when he is, above and beyond, the best player on your team and no one is even close. But, it would not surprise me if you just dog him to get a rise out of people and are starving for attention.....that seems to be your MO.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
You think you are personally attacking me but you are not. It does not bother me how poorly Adam Jones did in the playoffs b/c I know we would not have sniffed the playoffs without him.

I find it humorous you dog Cano so much when he is, above and beyond, the best player on your team and no one is even close. But, it would not surprise me if you just dog him to get a rise out of people and are starving for attention.....that seems to be your MO.

Cano hit 0.263 with 15 RBI in the 35 games (17-18) when Alex Rodriguez was injured. The Yankees lost 7 games in the standing over those 35 games.

Cano hit 0.287 with 15 RBI in the 31 games that Mark Teixeira missed from 8/27 to 10/1.

He really stepped it up when the A-Rod and Tex were hurt.

Last edited:

soxrchamps07

Aug 7, 2008
Cano hit 0.263 with 15 RBI in the 35 games (17-18) when Alex Rodriguez was injured. The Yankees lost 7 games in the standing over those 35 games.

Cano hit 0.287 with 15 RBI in the 31 games that Mark Teixeira missed from 8/27 to 10/1.

He really stepped it up when the A-Rod and Tex were hurt.

Cano had a WAR of 8.2 this year, good enough for 2nd in the majors behind the demi-god that is Mike Trout, are you seriously going to try to make this argument?

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
my only one:
IBANEZRAUL.jpg

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Cano had a WAR of 8.2 this year, good enough for 2nd in the majors behind the demi-god that is Mike Trout, are you seriously going to try to make this argument?

So I guess with a WAR like that he has uber-awesome trade value.

I'm just having a hard time picturing a 37 year old Cano making $20m+ a year.

He doesn't hustle down the line, and he won't dive for a baseball at 29 (30 in a week)! Is something going to change after he gets a 7 year $150m+ contract at 31 years old?

I really think the Yankees should shop him around.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Jeter WILL not reach Pete Roses record and although that is no bold prediction we can finally put it to rest!
Finally put it to rest because of Jeter's injury?
He's only going to be out for three months, which means he'll be fully healed well before Spring Training even starts.
I don't think he'll break Rose's record either, but this injury will not affect his regular season at all.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008

Don't bother. I had a few last night and fed the bears. Damnit, why did I feed the bears.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Finally put it to rest because of Jeter's injury?
He's only going to be out for three months, which means he'll be fully healed well before Spring Training even starts.
I don't think he'll break Rose's record either, but this injury will not affect his regular season at all.

I get that But I honestly think with his age as a factor it will affect him more than you think. Hes not a spring chicken anymore.

Members online

Latest posts