Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Reaction To Alex Rodriguez Suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NYYFan23

Aug 3, 2013
Obviously by now im sure you have all heard about Alex Rodriguez. He will be suspended for the rest of the 2013 season and All of the 2014 season. The thing that makes this case so interesting is that he will now be able to appeal and is SET TO START TONIGHT FOR THE YANKEES VS THE WHITE SOX. He will be playing 3B and batting cleanup. I wonder how the crowd will greet him when he takes the field. It is unprecedented to suspend a player for 211 games for their 1st time offense. this is truly a unique situation we have never seen before.

please let me know all your thoughts on this!

Also check out this video of me destroying an Alex Rodriguez A-Roid baseball card after hearing about his suspension today!

Destroying An Alex Rodriguez Baseball Card After Hearing About His Suspension for Biogenesis! - YouTube

Last edited:

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
First off, As an A ROD fan, I will admit he has made some pretty bad choices. 211 games is a bit much for a first offense, so hopefully the arbitrator does what's right and is fair! Will he ever win the hearts an minds of yankee fans? Maybe, does he still have a fan club? I believe so. Will this haunt him for the remainder of his career and possible induction into the HoF? Definitely!!! Will just have to see how this plays out!

Looking for Alex Rodriguez Cards, PM me.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Why do you show an autographed Arod/Jeter card as the picture for your Youtube video, implying it's the one you destroyed?
Then you shred a common 50 cent card instead?
Obviously you're tricking people into thinking you're going to shred the autographed card.
Don't be one of those ********** who fish for hits by being deceptive.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
If you click the ops link you will get a virus....Save your time and skip it.

=P

Last edited:

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Everyone is forgetting one important group ARod has to make happy, its the Baseball Writers Assn, they are the one who elect to the HOF. Theyre not happy, he doesnt get in!

Sent from my DROID4 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
This thread is going to be epic... I just feel it :lol:

Seriously though... that video is so stupid... I agree with one of the first people to post a reply with the comment on a dual auto of him and Jeter... Now THAT would of made a hell of a youtube!

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Arod is a joke and has probably been using since HS. Screw him. Dude just can't tell the truth. He looked like sheldon(big bang) tonight, while he was talking.

Bogeysave82

Jan 16, 2013
He lied and cheated his way to one of the richest contracts in baseball... It's extremely sad... Wish they would have hit him in the wallet

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'll take the opposite road. His max ban should be 50 games like the rest of them. I don't like the witch hunt. I don't cared if he lied, most did. Braun even should have been 50 if they were canceling the other test out. None of this seems like a fair playing field and I don't think it should be the bigger the name the bigger the punishment.

I don't care about the contract, Yankees resigned Pettitte multiple times knowing he used, ARod is not at fault for the contract, don't hold him against him when deciding punishment.

Regardless if the infraction if your employer was suspending you for a year and a coworker a week for the same thing you'd want to sue, complain etc. These are the same infractions w the players and should be handled the same

Ryan

Last edited:

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I'll take the opposite road. His max ban should be 50 games like the rest of them. I don't like the witch hunt. I don't cared if he lied, most did. Braun even should have been 50 if they were canceling the other test out. None of this seems like a fair playing field and I don't think it should be the bigger the name the bigger the punishment.

I don't care about the contract, Yankees resigned Pettitte multiple times knowing he used, ARod is not at fault for the contract, don't hold him against him when deciding punishment.

Regardless if the infraction if your employer was suspending you for a year and a coworker a week for the same thing you'd want to sue, complain etc. These are the same infractions w the players and should be handled the same

Ryan

If I am not mistaken, the suspension levied on ARod also includes punishment for the infraction of trying to cover this up. According to 'sources' he actively tried to bribe his way out of this. Only time will tell, but according to 'sources' the evidence is there. This, imo, is the reason for the stiffer penalty than the others.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
If I am not mistaken, the suspension levied on ARod also includes punishment for the infraction of trying to cover this up. According to 'sources' he actively tried to bribe his way out of this. Only time will tell, but according to 'sources' the evidence is there. This, imo, is the reason for the stiffer penalty than the others.

I totally understand but I don't think any covering up is worse action. Maybe I'm not thinking it over correctly but the cover up attempt doesn't bug me at all. Maybe I am in the minority, but I don't really think the cover up adds to the offense that the players committed with purchasing etc.

Ryan

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
this is what infuriated most involved and why the punishment fits the crime

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
this is what infuriated most involved and why the punishment fits the crime

Like I said I prob am in the minority. I just don't care about that. I think the offenses were equal from Braun to ARod to the others suspended.

Oh well my opinion won't change anything just my 2 cents

Ryan

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
In a perfect world, Girardi would let him rot on the bench. In an alternate perfect world, fans attending any game that he plays collectively greet his at-bats with turned backs and absolute dead silence. No boos, no muttering, just... nothing.

Members online

Latest posts