Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Reaction To Alex Rodriguez Suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I wish MLB good luck in their appeal hearing! I feel they are going to get sh itrocked!
You may be right. It seems that if MLB is going to suspend a player under the joint drug agreement made with the union, they had better follow the letter of that law. They clearly are not. If Arod has done what MLB claims (and don't we all believe he has?), then Selig could have invoked other areas of the rules to suspend him. As it is now, the union is saying they will back Arod, and it sure seems that they have the legal backing to fight this penalty. Meanwhile, Arod is suiting up! That's crazy shat yo.

I grew up during the steroid era and i was a fan of his since the 96' season so i'll def be pulling for him. Im glad i can see a couple more at bats before he comes to an end.

Good Luck Alex-

null_zps896b10fe.jpg

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Selig has a plan by choosing to go through the joint drug agreement. If the suspension is overturned through arbitration, he can then go to the pissed off players with proof that it needs to be more stringent. Some generals are willing to sacrifice a battle to win the war.

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Selig has a plan by choosing to go through the joint drug agreement. If the suspension is overturned through arbitration, he can then go to the pissed off players with proof that it needs to be more stringent. Some generals are willing to sacrifice a battle to win the war.

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

selig is a smart dude and you may very well be right. If the players want Arod gone for 211 games, than they damn well better make the rules themselves more stringent. They would be stupid to widely back arbitrary punishments.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
How can anyone support ARod in all seriousness? He lied once... Got caught and then straight up lied to everyone again! Now this lol!

Funny part is he continues to lie. Every other player linked to that place has accepted their punishment right? So does he think he is being framed?

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
I think ARod makes himself an easy target because he's a d-bag.

That said, I've always enjoyed watching him play. Considering the era he's from, he's still of the best IMO.

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
The best...lair?
The best...cheater?
The best...idiotic dbag?

Im confused here?

Nothing to confuse. He was a stud, one of the best phenoms there has EVER been in baseball. Also a 15 year stretch starting at age 20 that is pretty amazing. PEDs or not, it's impressive.

Ryan

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
PEDs are precisely what makes it particularly *not* impressive.

I am under the opinion that I enjoyed that era , don't care who was doing what, and more than PEDs are needed to be that good. I loved 1998 as much as any season, think Bonds still is top 5 all time are ARod in the top 15-20. In a group of users, they were the best. I don't get too caught up in the asterisks etc. I was a level playing field as of the last 2 years or whenever that CBA was signed. But prior to that I don't hate those that used whatever.

That's just my opinion

Ryan

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I have spent all afternoon reading up on reactions and information related to this news. If anyone cares, I will share my take. I hope Rodriguez gets what is coming to him. I am a huge Yankee fan and have been all of my life. I was excited to hear Alex was joining my team years ago. I have always been a fan of his and remember chasing his Sportflics R/T card from KMart as a kid. I remember begging my mom for an advance on allowance so I could buy just ONE MORE pack of 94 SP in hopes I would get his foil RC. I remember opening up a box of 99 UD Century Legends and pulling his autograph. Back then it was my favorite card and I really hope to get one back one of these days. Always a fan. HOWEVER.....I really hope he gets denied on arbitration and he serves a huge amount of time for what he has done. His interviews this past weekend were sickening as he smugly sat there and just acted like he didn't do anything wrong. If he had just been a man and owned up to his wrong doing, baseball would probably accept him back when he came back from suspension. Now, I don't think he will ever be accepted. He is a cheater, and I hope he never plays another game for the Yankees. I really was hoping Selig would have told him he couldn't play while the arbitration hearing was taking place. Its a disgrace and a distraction for the players and fans that really love the game. To see him prancing around out there like he has done nothing wrong makes me want to smack him in the teeth. If the other players on the list accepted their punishment, he should do the same. I understand he will stand to lose a huge amount of money, but hey, that's part of the lumps you take by cheating your employer and the profession you are in. Good riddance and I hope they burn him at the stake.

You may be right. It seems that if MLB is going to suspend a player under the joint drug agreement made with the union, they had better follow the letter of that law. They clearly are not. If Arod has done what MLB claims (and don't we all believe he has?), then Selig could have invoked other areas of the rules to suspend him. As it is now, the union is saying they will back Arod, and it sure seems that they have the legal backing to fight this penalty. Meanwhile, Arod is suiting up! That's crazy shat yo.

I honestly think MLB got caught bluffing with the lifetime ban. Now they look like blowhards in the media.. If they keep all this stuff from the last 3 weeks internal they can drop the 211 games today and hold their heads high.

Of all the players in this mess arod showed the most common sense. Use the system the league/union has in place.. Not cop prior to using your options. Sure you can't say I owned my bad decisions.. But in the end the media and fans will not remember the chess game.. Just the results.

I laughed today when I heard Andy pettite talking about peds..

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
+1

---

You can +1 it but Belle had a corked bat in 94 (no I don't care about if it was XRayed or whatever. When u send someone in a crawl space to switch bats......) And I believe Canseco has mentioned Belle as well, and yes I do believe Jose. And no I do not care what Belle was up too, his 50/50 season and his 98 season are awesome. But let's not skirt the fact that Belle was probably not clean either.

Ryan

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
You can +1 it but Belle had a corked bat in 94 (no I don't care about if it was XRayed or whatever. When u send someone in a crawl space to switch bats......) And I believe Canseco has mentioned Belle as well, and yes I do believe Jose. And no I do not care what Belle was up too, his 50/50 season and his 98 season are awesome. But let's not skirt the fact that Belle was probably not clean either.

Ryan

Would love a link to the above statement of his link to PEDs haha

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1375761501.187812.jpg

---

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts