Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Reaction To Alex Rodriguez Suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
If arod was a member of our hobby and did this crap, would the hobby be as forgiving?
I'd say NO

People are crazy

Regular every day guys, fail and we kill them.
Our heroes f up and we give them 10 chances and make excuses for why they did.

Arods cheating has lost far more people money than one little hobby guy has, yet people defend arod.
Braun collectors just got killed for his fraud and lies and some still love the guy and say he is clean, and blame the mlb and selig.

I guess, homers are always gonna love

NYYFan23

Aug 3, 2013
you were right man. i posted and just refreshed the page now. 38 replies and 387 views WOW in only a few hours. Thats EPIC! :eek:

This thread is going to be epic... I just feel it :lol:

Seriously though... that video is so stupid... I agree with one of the first people to post a reply with the comment on a dual auto of him and Jeter... Now THAT would of made a hell of a youtube!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
you were right man. i posted and just refreshed the page now. 38 replies and 387 views WOW in only a few hours. Thats EPIC! :eek:

Just had a feeling. So much to chew on and so much flaming just waiting to happen :lol:

I mean god, Belle being linked to PEDs was mentioned

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1375761776.703234.jpg

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I think Arod is an unlikeable d-bag. I can't stand the guy. He's a total phony. A liar. A cheat.

With that being said, I don't see how MLB can justify suspending him for 211 games. Based on the current rules, 100 games seems like the most they can suspend him.

For those who say that he should be suspended longer because he tried to cover it up, don't ALL of these PED users try to cover it up, in one way, or another?

How many extra games did Melky Cabrera get suspended for making a fake website to try to prove that he didn't use PEDs? Zero. That's called precedent.

Just because someone is unlikeable doesn't mean that they should be suspended longer than anyone else.

On a slightly different note, I hate the Yankees, so I don't want to see them get out of this contract. I would love to see Arod come back from suspension at the beginning of the 2015 season weighing about 450 pounds of pure fat. He should show up at training camp and say, "You signed me. You didn't let me play baseball for the last year and a half. And you don't want me taking PEDs. Now this is what you get. Pay me, BEE-ATCHES!!!'

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Would love a link to the above statement of his link to PEDs haha

View attachment 20082

---

Never read the book but I believe it was "Vindicated" . If I ever go to the library I will find the quotes. And the cork bat I am sure you know happened. My point wasn't to turn this into a Belle discussion but more of a, it's easy to throw stones at ARod or whatever w/o thinking about all the rest of that era right now. Someone mentioned a homer and how can anyone defend ARod. I am no homer w any team he has ever been on, nor do I defend any actions of anyone since the new CBA went into effect. I just don't crucify anyone involved prior to that. And I am not stating ARod or anyone in this case should skate, I just don't like the structure of 50 games, 65 games, 211 games. It seems off and that's what my argument is. 50 across the board for "1st time" offenses under this CBA. No more , no less.

Ryan

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Never read the book but I believe it was "Vindicated" . If I ever go to the library I will find the quotes. And the cork bat I am sure you know happened. My point wasn't to turn this into a Belle discussion but more of a, it's easy to throw stones at ARod or whatever w/o thinking about all the rest of that era right now. Someone mentioned a homer and how can anyone defend ARod. I am no homer w any team he has ever been on, nor do I defend any actions of anyone since the new CBA went into effect. I just don't crucify anyone involved prior to that. And I am not stating ARod or anyone in this case should skate, I just don't like the structure of 50 games, 65 games, 211 games. It seems off and that's what my argument is. 50 across the board for "1st time" offenses under this CBA. No more , no less.

Ryan

He's not accused of being guilty of just an 'ordinary' 50-game offense - he's been accused of a slew of offenses here.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
He's a complete narcissist. If I was in his shoes I'd have so much trouble looking a single one of my teammates in the eye. Instead he's laughing and joking with them, high-fiving them, signing autographs, saying the Chicago fans are wonderful - like everything is right and good in his world. I just don't get that mentality. I can't believe a single one of his teammates are having a thing to do with him.

Then there was that joke of an interview last night saying he was in complete favor of ridding MLB of PEDs. Not an ounce of humility.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
He's not accused of being guilty of just an 'ordinary' 50-game offense - he's been accused of a slew of offenses here.

I understand but as someone mentioned before I could if Melky can set up fake sites etc and it landed him no more of a ban than the 50, then ARod has that as part of his case. We will see what happens. Just voicing my opinions

Ryan

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I'm not against ARod for any other reason other than him being a fraud. He is a liar and has lied over and over again and is doing it again!

Just think its sad. If I was a Red Sox fan or a fan bent from him leaving my team or something, that'd be different but I'm a fan of MLB and just think he is a fraud.

Anyways, everyone has the right to their opinion but just find it hard to believe anyone can support his a$$.

---

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I understand but as someone mentioned before I could if Melky can set up fake sites etc and it landed him no more of a ban than the 50, then ARod has that as part of his case. We will see what happens. Just voicing my opinions

Ryan
I kinda agree, he is a ****** but to single him out. he was originally outed as failing a test that had 103 names on it. I imagine a lot are skating on this, and he's taking the hit.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I love how ARoid doesn't say he is innocent, but that he is fighting for his life! LOL! That is amazing... this guy is a fraud... I'd be PISSED if I were the Yankees. Guy just lies through his teeth and it's amazing that every other player named just accepted their punishment and kept moving... NOT THIS GUY!

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008

Ryan

He's (allegedly) done a lot more than Melky did, it's all there in the media reports.

Wouldn't bother me at all if he did get a lifetime ban.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I kinda agree, he is a ****** but to single him out. he was originally outed as failing a test that had 103 names on it. I imagine a lot are skating on this, and he's taking the hit.

I know that the players agreed to that test under the promise of anonymity, but I'd still love to see that list of 103 names. I'm shocked that in the internet age, it hasn't leaked.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Guy just lies through his teeth and it's amazing that every other player named just accepted their punishment and kept moving... NOT THIS GUY!
Well, the other players are being punished under the provisions of the joint drug agreement. Arod appears to be special for many reasons, but he has very strong grounds to fight his arbitrary punishment and the union has good reason to back him in this fight. I'll say again that the players should push for tougher punishments if that is truly what they want (and that may be Selig's endgame in all of this), but they would be crazy as a union if they passively accepted this punishment of one of their players that supersedes their previous agreement with the league.

I'd be PISSED if I were the Yankees.
You would have to first be pissed at yourself and admit that this is as much (or more) about getting out of an awful contract than it is about any drug issue. These teams loved the steroid era as much as the average fan did, and they are only outwardly pissed at Arod because they don't want to pay him.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
He's (allegedly) done a lot more than Melky did, it's all there in the media reports.

Wouldn't bother me at all if he did get a lifetime ban.
If the problem is outside of the per se drug usage, then Selig could have used his powers outside of the joint agreement with the union and done just that (lifetime ban). As I understand it, arbitration on any appeal in that realm would go to Selig himself, which means that Arod's fate would be sealed. I might then disagree with Selig (not sure on that), but as it stands now his actions are voiding the current joint drug agreement by attempting to set the precedent that he need not follow its precepts. I don't see how the union can accept that if they want to retain any power.

You may not have a problem with that, as many here sure are (understandably) emotional about all of this, but I have a problem with a group of teams now arbitrarily grandstanding on an issue that has brought them considerable profit in the past. A cynic might say that they are only grandstanding now because those profits are being threatened.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I miss the 90's baseball. We all cheat in life in some form or another. I feel sorry in a sad way for A-Rod. Seems like a lost soul to me.

" KICK 'EM WHEN THEY'RE UP KICK 'EM WHEN THEY'RE DOWN KICK 'EM WHEN THEY'RE UP KICK 'EM WHEN THEY'RE DOWN KICK'EM IN THE SHINS KICK'EM ALL AROUND."

A lot of holier than thou bubble headed bleach blonds going around. Just the way it is I guess. Everyone has their opinion this is mine.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
LOL!

93caf963-ec77-446a-97b0-7ef5b8678c7a_BIOGENESISCARD-arod.jpg

Y! SPORTS

Members online

Latest posts