Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent slab pickups / grading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Three more slabs caught up scanned. In the pre-Covid days I'd have put in my PSA Boggs / Fisk registries
Will probably feebay them now as I decided to downsize the # of my registries
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
A few more knick knack slabs scanned and out of the way

The 2005 DK Blue Framed I didnt expect to grade well- the 6 is as expected
The entire DK Update series is plagued with DLP worst post production showings.
The Frame on this one is severely miscut , the back is OC, 3 of the corners show white ,and right edge is chippy
But its what was next in line, and I'll use it as a placeholder until I come across another one in my PC
Actually quite happy with that Mint 9 on the Red Framed

The 2005 Topps Update NL ERA leader base insert was lying around. Looked cool so I shoved it on a sub as a filler
Happy with the grades of course !! Joins its prior slabbed buddy now
Based on 3 pitchers in the Top 10 of ERA-- yeah- 2005 Astros should have done real well

The MVP Winners Second Editions a repeat insert from 2004 Leaf. Suprisingly difficult to get high grade so far for my Clemens
Can't seem to locate a good pack fresh example yet in my PC
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Five more insert slabs scanned and done for inventory girl. A few sparkly serial numbered and two league / stat leaders
Have always loved this style of cards from back in the 50's and 60's when they appeared.
Cheap way to get multiple Hall of Famers or All-Stars on one item
With 3 of the Top 10 leaders in K's and some ERA guys those A's should have done quite well aye ?
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
Five more insert slabs scanned and done for inventory girl. A few sparkly serial numbered and two league / stat leaders
Have always loved this style of cards from back in the 50's and 60's when they appeared.
Cheap way to get multiple Hall of Famers or All-Stars on one item
With 3 of the Top 10 leaders in K's and some ERA guys those A's should have done quite well aye ?
View attachment 350698
View attachment 350699
View attachment 350700
View attachment 350701
View attachment 350702
Gamers Quantum is a severely under rated/valued card in my opinion. I also love all the Heritage cards, but that gold refractor is one of my personal favorites. If I had to choose a "top 100" from my Rocket collection it might contain that one because of how intense the gold shine is in hand.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
2005 ZENITH <=== So a while ago I posted about my slabs, specifically the patches # to 25 I already slabbed
I decided I'd send in my Epix colors finally after waiting 15+ years

For those unfamiliar with 2005 Zenith there are 6 Epix Color levels- in descending serial # order
Orange, Blue , Purple, Red, Green, and finally Black

In descending level - each has four variations to chase with the serial numbers getting smaller on each
Play, Game , Season, and finally Moment

I decide last year to start sending in the serial # items I'd been holding on to since inventory girls always up my fanny
When I subbed, I also threw in one of the base items while I was at it ( the #1 Positions card with Johnson and Prior)

Here's the first 8 in the Orange and Blue Colors
Later down the line I'll locate the next sets ( Purple and Red) and send those in
Too much on my plate to send those in right now I got other priorities ( re-sale for one)
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More slabs caught up this time more PSA. Been slabbing my serial # Bam Bams in preparation for selling
These Pristine Border refractors are a lot harder to gem than can be expected- sorta like Etopps.
Any surface flaws bring them down a grade as does any weakness on corners/edges
Happy with that 9 . The Crosbys and Ryan have been hanging in a 2008 labeled box for the last 15 years- finally slabbed
Showed that raw Piazza off a year or so ago slabbed it as I have regular Piazza slab buyers
I have more Nomars to scan including the two recently slabbed additions I was expecting from last week

I really have to find the time to get reselling restarted. Just haven't had time lately with all the wifes health stuff
Oct is pretty free ( for now) so gonna try this weekend to hammer some stuff

I also have tons more Clemens BGS registry items newly slabbed , plus inventory stuff to post
Gonna be a hectic month scan wise. Premius are going up if I dont get off my fanny warns my insurance gal
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

The fresh off the PSA slab process Nomars are in
And they fixed my Black Label TGL within a week-- kudos to PSA

full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Been hounded by inventory girl again about past due inventory scans so here' goes more back log scans
I did not break any boxes of this product back then ( 2003-2005 ranges) as it held no interest compared to other 2003 DLP products
Today's scans will be from the 2003 TOPPS 205 set

Info about the set can be obtained here
2003 TOPPS 205 SET

I did however make up for lost time by breaking a box out of storage back in 2018
MY 2005 TOPPS 205 BOX BREAK

The limited number of cards I have slabbed now is due to the fact I consider these inserts or commons
This places them 6th or 7th on my priority list as far as what I slab- basically just any base items are bottom levels
Fillers basically on subs I send in

For a little info- many may remember this Beckett Monthly with hot rookie Hideki Matsui on it
full.jpg

Inside had this two page spread about the series, and later on in May they followed it up with a " By the Box " breakdown
full.jpg
full.jpg
Below are the few uncommons and rare mini inserts I have slabbed already for inventory girl
No common minis or base cards done yet
I did have a 5th- a Sovereign Green - but just realized BGS mislabeled it, so it's being sent back to be fixed

Oh- I am looking for a Bazooka Mini Clemens / 25 if you have one
Missing that one I know for sure never really searched for one yet
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More slabs scanned for inventory girl. These 6 came back about a month ago
While I was doing inventories I sometimes realize stuff I have marked as slabbed may not be
A case in point are two of the below

The first was an easy overlook. The 2005 Elite Status Gold I "thought" I had a copy slabbed
Turned out it was the 2004 version. Easy mistake to make- mixing up years.

full.jpg

The 2004 Prime Cuts Century Gold - sigh. " Thought" I'd already slabbed a copy. Was a different # version of the same item
Instead of card #22 I'd slabbed the card #86 version . When I found out no go = searched for a new one
Saw a uniform # 22/25 version on feebay of the needed card #22 and bought it thinking maybe "lint" affected a sellers scan. Nope- was a seller who basically just decided to leave off " edge damage" in the description

I don't waste time or energy on negative stuff - so I set it aside and went looking for a new copy
Found one immediately , purchased and subbed it. Scan below. I'll sell the uni # with full condition disclosure to someone else
Looks like I found a better copy of course as it Gemmed
full.jpg
full.jpg

The 2005 Artifacts Patch is the 2nd new 2005 Artifacts card slabbed recently . Really haven't looked at what I need there recently. Too much else on the plates
full.jpg
This next one is one I subbed to BGS they returned unslabbed as " altered". Yeah- except I have a 24 year + statement on every order I sub. Its quite clear with a nice huge star next to it-- says " ALL ITEMS IN SLABS- IF AUTHENTIC BLUE SLAB IT - EVEN IF ALTERED"

Meaning I want it back SLABBED even if its altered because I just paid BGS for the submission and I want it protected
BGS of course was nice enough to realize that mistake and corrected it for me for free. I just mailed on my next submission
Granted I waited a while, but whatever, no rush = long as its slabbed I'm good

I just need the Red Auto # to 10 to complete the four card exchange series and I can close this series
full.jpg

These last two are cards from the piles that gathered dust over the years of sitting doing nothing
These two were GIFTS years and years ago in 2008 from a collector in my group named Max G

He broke a bunch of 90's boxes with his brother and thought I could use, as he knew I concentrated on inserts / rare items and not base items
I finally decided " tired of looking at the dusty piles" and cleaned off the dust and submitted
If he's still reading or around -- well Max - your eyes are still good buddy - 15 years later I finally subbed = thanks for the Gems !!
full.jpg
full.jpg

Mark76

Mar 7, 2021
I don't know why BGS got rid of the blue label. Being consistent with the label from year to year seems too much to ask from them though.

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
More slabs scanned for inventory girl. These 6 came back about a month ago
While I was doing inventories I sometimes realize stuff I have marked as slabbed may not be
A case in point are two of the below

The first was an easy overlook. The 2005 Elite Status Gold I "thought" I had a copy slabbed
Turned out it was the 2004 version. Easy mistake to make- mixing up years.

View attachment 350914

The 2004 Prime Cuts Century Gold - sigh. " Thought" I'd already slabbed a copy. Was a different # version of the same item
Instead of card #22 I'd slabbed the card #86 version . When I found out no go = searched for a new one
Saw a uniform # 22/25 version on feebay of the needed card #22 and bought it thinking maybe "lint" affected a sellers scan. Nope- was a seller who basically just decided to leave off " edge damage" in the description

I don't waste time or energy on negative stuff - so I set it aside and went looking for a new copy
Found one immediately , purchased and subbed it. Scan below. I'll sell the uni # with full condition disclosure to someone else
Looks like I found a better copy of course as it Gemmed
View attachment 350915
View attachment 350916

The 2005 Artifacts Patch is the 2nd new 2005 Artifacts card slabbed recently . Really haven't looked at what I need there recently. Too much else on the plates
View attachment 350917
This next one is one I subbed to BGS they returned unslabbed as " altered". Yeah- except I have a 24 year + statement on every order I sub. Its quite clear with a nice huge star next to it-- says " ALL ITEMS IN SLABS- IF AUTHENTIC BLUE SLAB IT - EVEN IF ALTERED"

Meaning I want it back SLABBED even if its altered because I just paid BGS for the submission and I want it protected
BGS of course was nice enough to realize that mistake and corrected it for me for free. I just mailed on my next submission
Granted I waited a while, but whatever, no rush = long as its slabbed I'm good

I just need the Red Auto # to 10 to complete the four card exchange series and I can close this series
View attachment 350918

These last two are cards from the piles that gathered dust over the years of sitting doing nothing
These two were GIFTS years and years ago in 2008 from a collector in my group named Max G

He broke a bunch of 90's boxes with his brother and thought I could use, as he knew I concentrated on inserts / rare items and not base items
I finally decided " tired of looking at the dusty piles" and cleaned off the dust and submitted
If he's still reading or around -- well Max - your eyes are still good buddy - 15 years later I finally subbed = thanks for the Gems !!
View attachment 350919
View attachment 350920
Nice bunch.

I probably know your Huckleberry on that edge damaged prime cuts....

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Me likey two of those slabs @Greg Cleveland (y):love:

Todays post should bring a smile to the vintage guys faces as these sets pay homage to them
I may have scanned some of them already, but inventory girls asked to see them again, so here goes ( again) on a few old and some new slabs

For those of us in the collecting world who take difficult sets as a challenge- yeah- these are your sets
Incredibly difficult to get mint or gem cards. No joke- they are loaded with the same pitfalls you'll encounter in their vintage counterparts

I also scanned a stray Pacific card for one of the sets I'm supposed to scan for the inventory
I'll get to that set later on but since it just came back from slabbing gonna do it now
These 2001 Private Stock Reserves were supposed to be like " Art on Canvas"
Think Pacific had great insert sets- many just plain and simple designs that stood out visually
full.jpg

2002 UD VINTAGE pays homage to the 1971 Topps design- the " Black Beauty" set. Everything shows. I already had that Vintage Aces Jersey card slabbed many years ago when I discovered it was short printed
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

2001 UD VINTAGE pays homage to the 1963 Topps design- an aesthetically pleasing design for the eyes, yet filled with issues
Vivid colors bring up print dots, white borders show printing plate issues and any dust on plates, fisheyes are common
Goes on and on with these two sets. I already had that base # 160 slabbed a while ago the others are new
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Starting to slab many of my base items since the game used and autos piles are down

I've had the 1994 / 1995 base Finest Gems for about 15+ years, just recently started sending in more base and refractors. Near mint which is not bad considering the jostling from 3 moves and a cross country trip
Missing some items like my jumbos but I'm sure I'll locate

The 1995 refractor is pock marked with indents common on the series - but I mailed it to give me a baseline "low" to expect. The early 90's base Finest just suck as far as scanning- so I took some phone pics where needed
full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More 1990's base and / or inserts scanned. Remember back when "foil stamped" was the rage ?
Yeah = Topps used to take it "over the hedge" so to say with all their stuff
Rather than create a different design , they just stamped the same stuff they already had with something new

I guess the "show promos" of the 2000's could be considered the "contest" promos of the 1990's
Stadium Club " Members Only" was one. UD Collectors Choice Gold / Silver was another. First Day issues ,etc etc etc- you get the picture

A few weeks ago @jmc855 ( Jay) posted about his 1995 TSC Ring Leaders pickup and it reminded me to go round my TSC variations up
Here's three from 1995 I slabbed - got more in the pipeline from the various years
Years ago I'd have dumped the main sets (well before my Vegas move) and kept just the subsets / promo sets and stars

1995 STADIUM CLUB ( tab for info)

The 1995 TSC sets are in my mind one of the most under appreciated Topps productions of the 1990's.
Just jammed pack with goodies in every sub set. Topps produced best when it mattered the very - very- and I do mean very LEAST ( strike of 1994 killed interest)
Had the strike not occurred- 1995 would have been a great Topps year to celebrate

Again I have lots more variations to come, I just have only so much free money, and so many cards still to slab
Plus I may have some back east I can't even get to ( maybe in 2025 I'll go home again and clear it out )
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Continuing the 1990's kick = 4 more base cards from my friend Max's dust filled pile came back
He did pretty well- 4 Gems and 2 Mint 9 on these base cards. I definitely appreciate his help on these base items
Cameo OCD guys who will collect anything with a player picture- or name on a card - the #148 checklist has dozens

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
Below is my self subbed Gold variation for my 1997 E-X Hall of Nothing Clemens just slabbed last month
I've had the Bronze Gem shown slabbed since 2007. Just never got around to subbing that Gold
As a base card- it sat at the bottom of that dust pile of Max's cards with others that will come back soon
For a little info on the Gold card see http://baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/1997_E-X_2000#Hall_or_Nothing
full.jpg
full.jpg

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
Continuing the 1990's kick = 4 more base cards from my friend Max's dust filled pile came back
He did pretty well- 4 Gems and 2 Mint 9 on these base cards. I definitely appreciate his help on these base items
Cameo OCD guys who will collect anything with a player picture- or name on a card - the #148 checklist has dozens

View attachment 351088
View attachment 351089
View attachment 351090
View attachment 351091
Below is my self subbed Gold variation for my 1997 E-X Hall of Nothing Clemens just slabbed last month
I've had the Bronze Gem shown slabbed since 2007. Just never got around to subbing that Gold
As a base card- it sat at the bottom of that dust pile of Max's cards with others that will come back soon
For a little info on the Gold card see http://baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/1997_E-X_2000#Hall_or_Nothing
View attachment 351092
View attachment 351093
Very cool. The Checklists are funny cuz so many pc guys chase them for a printed name. Your gold version is more drastically gold shaded than mine. As I understand the woman from Fleer's explanation(maybe I am wrong), that means it is from further down toward the end of the production foil roll they were using where the bronze had some sort of "issue". I think it's interesting how we got an "extra" parallel out of a situation like that.

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Finishing up the June returned sub scans is a few more 90's slabs, one from 2003, and some resales
When I came across my Score R/T samples the 8A version had a huge crease, so I gave it a good burial in my garbage bin. I have more so I'll sub the 8a when I find the next one. The 1994 Panini Stickers been sitting around forever so I subbed it The white is lint- scanners loaded with lint lately. The 1996 Select Red is one of my favorites. Have a few more somewhere

The 2003 Bazooka Comic is a stand alone scan for inventory girl. I haven't sent any others in from that 2003 base set
The last 3 are resales from prior box breaks
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
New scans for my inventory girl to get her off my case for another few days. Todays posts are the 2003 LEAF base set stuff for Clemens

The base #77 set was fairly easy to complete with a few exceptions
The Atlantic City National promos were the easiest with the Leaf variant # to 25 the worst of the bunch
The set has the basic cards ,some press proofs, but otherwise a few show promos and some samples
Think I still need a base press proof blue #77 also slabbed
Didnt like that low grade ACN version , so I bought a 2nd one. Had better luck on that one's condition
I'm missing more slabs of the # 258 version - hence why the inventory is going on

Info on the base set is here
2003 LEAF BASEBALL BASE SET

So in the Feb 2003 Beckett Baseball card monthly on the back, and then in the March 2003 version in full the 2003 Leaf set was pimped
Inside that March 2003 Baseball Monthly Magazine was the 2003 Leaf Sample cards
I've also included the Product Review for 2003 Leaf they had inside that same issue regarding the base 2003 Leaf set

I look back now and think to myself " Why was I so blind to see how nice this base set was? Oh- I know- the LCM & Leaf Limited eye candy !! "
Honestly- that base set has some of the best inserts of the 2000's

full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
New scans for my inventory girl to get her off my case for another few days. Todays posts are the 2003 LEAF base set stuff for Clemens

The base #77 set was fairly easy to complete with a few exceptions
The Atlantic City National promos were the easiest with the Leaf variant # to 25 the worst of the bunch
The set has the basic cards ,some press proofs, but otherwise a few show promos and some samples
Think I still need a base press proof blue #77 also slabbed
Didnt like that low grade ACN version , so I bought a 2nd one. Had better luck on that one's condition
I'm missing more slabs of the # 258 version - hence why the inventory is going on

Info on the base set is here
2003 LEAF BASEBALL BASE SET

So in the Feb 2003 Beckett Baseball card monthly on the back, and then in the March 2003 version in full the 2003 Leaf set was pimped
Inside that March 2003 Baseball Monthly Magazine was the 2003 Leaf Sample cards
I've also included the Product Review for 2003 Leaf they had inside that same issue regarding the base 2003 Leaf set

I look back now and think to myself " Why was I so blind to see how nice this base set was? Oh- I know- the LCM & Leaf Limited eye candy !! "
Honestly- that base set has some of the best inserts of the 2000's

View attachment 351258
View attachment 351259

View attachment 351260

View attachment 351261

View attachment 351262
View attachment 351263
View attachment 351264
View attachment 351265
View attachment 351266
View attachment 351267
View attachment 351268
View attachment 351269
View attachment 351270
View attachment 351271
View attachment 351272
Nice 1/1 press proof

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More slabs from July back now scanned ( yes I am behind 3 months on scans)
I consider them all base items which I've started slabbing with some inserts / serial # items

When the Classic Strikeout Kings came back damn near fell over. Shocked at the low grade o_O
Until I looked at it closer- and realized I'd missed a surface indent in Nolans leg
Guess I skimmed over that white surface a wee bit too quickly- man that pissed me off :mad:
Thought I'd found one with perfect back centering, deep colors etc

The start of dozens of Artist's Proofs going in with that 1995 Pinnacle , another 1996 Select Certified, and two from 1998 Pinnacle Inside
The foil board used by Pinnacle on those reminded me of Topps mid-90's = total crap
Also a few from 1999 Topps Chrome. The Refractor is a dupe- I own a Gem 9.5 already ( which I have to locate and re-scan for inventory -
let her be upset for me posting the slab #). I had to use my phone on the base Topps Chrome otherwise its dull and ugly
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg
Below is the front of my Gem ( pics taken in 2017 was just the fronts and was just an all in one scanner not my current one)
full.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts