Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent slab pickups / grading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
The Essential Enshrinement sub-series follows a distinct pattern, and to me is one of the nicer sub series of cards
A pic of the Hall's entry way and their logo highlight the fronts. Simple but Elegant
Completed the entire Silver run on this one and managed to snag the harder of the Gold variations also
Up now is the Essential Enshrinement CF1- Red Sox variations
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Part 2 of the Essential series is below- the Essential Enshrinement CF2- White Sox Sox variations
Was lucky to snag a few golds and my very first Rainbow 1/1 version on this sub series !!
Further along on the more difficult patch variations than I expected also
Strangely I only have one base auto variation not sure why- usually further along on the base stuff
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Had to find a few items and verify I had a some items in process at BGS before scanning these next ones
Up for scanning next is the 2005 Upper Deck Hall Worthy- CF1 Red Sox variations
Have my first dupe here ( Silver Auto #1/15) for some reason I'll have to sell off

My Bronze base item is at BGS for slabbing currently ( as many know I handle base items last)
There is no bronze (or green) level patch , nor is there a bronze (or green) level material item
So I have 6 out of the 10 total non 1/1 items handled
Otherwise down to needing the 4 very difficult and low numbered Gold variations (Base #/5, the Base Auto #/5, Material/Auto #/5, and Patch/Auto #/5 )
And of course adding at least one Rainbow 1/1 variation of the 5 available
Haven't looked on eBay in forever, but even when I did, this low # stuff just doesn't pop up often

full

full

full

full

full

DUPE
====
full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Took a while to gather this next batch as they were spread over two different locales
I'm sure I have more slabs of these= just can't seem to locate them
Inventory gal is just gonna have to make due with what I can find

Anyways- up next is the Hall of Fame Seasons- CF1 - Red Sox variations I have slabbed
Have most of the base series ( less the Rainbow 1/1), just need some patch variations and harder to find low # stuff

And yes folks- aware of what's new and available online. Not made of money, can only buy new stuff I need when I sell enough to afford it
Per the house general ( wife)

I'll scan the other variation ( CF2- White Sox) later tonight
full

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
OK didn't make yesterdays goal of scanning so its done tonite
The Hall of Fame Seasons- CF2 White Sox variation sorta shows how haphazard card availability becomes

I have just a single base card- but every single auto variation including the elusive Rainbow 1/1
And then have zero patch variations. So its a slog to get the remainder. Think I need 8 variations total
But they all are # to 15 or less so its gonna be a slow fill
The cards don't exactly pop up regularly
full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
any of it for trade? especially Boston stuff?

I generally put dupes on eBay or sell extras via Paypal invoicing

Think I've done 15 trades in the 15 years I've been on this site- all with long timers I knew over on that "website that shall not be named" :unsure: Just is not my cup of tea sadly

Speaking of cards that don't pop up regularly for Fisk- the Signs of Cooperstown sub-sets are a monster pain in the you know what
I do have one of them complete, and a smattering of the others

Below is the Signs of Cooperstown Fisk-Bench (FB) base sub-set run - all completed
Think I have a few autos somewhere slabbed I'll locate
For now this will do

If your keeping track ( I'm sure its just me) , this post puts me at 50% complete for the entire run
72 of the 144 items I have documented having been shown so far. Most of the missing # 15 or less , or 1/1 labels
So I'm pretty happy so far with my progress considering this set and player is not even my main concern
full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008

@jmc855 - saw your monthly pickups-- is that TC Platinum Gold the numbered or non-numbered version?
BTW nice pickup on the 97 Score Plat team (y) reminds me to locate my Platinum's and Premiers and sub them

I haven't slabbed my non-numbered TC Plat Gold yet, but here's mine on the TC Platinum Gold numbered below
full.jpg

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
Sharp platinum! My pickup was just a Mirror , not a Platinum so un numbered. Yeah the Score Showcase Platinum is a sharp card. I ve never seen the gold tinted version of one for clemens.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Sharp platinum! My pickup was just a Mirror , not a Platinum so un numbered. Yeah the Score Showcase Platinum is a sharp card. I ve never seen the gold tinted version of one for clemens.
Oh- okay I see which one you bought now - dummy me :rolleyes:

Well Jay if it helps the UNPEELED versus PEELED debate for ya see below
I got the Unpeeled slabbed June 2005 and the Peeled in May 2009
In my brain I just cannot stand the peel on, but hey purists be damned I just collected both for all variations
I just love the Peeled version 10x more than I love the unpeeled

full.jpg
full.jpg

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
Oh- okay I see which one you bought now - dummy me :rolleyes:

Well Jay if it helps the UNPEELED versus PEELED debate for ya see below
I got the Unpeeled slabbed June 2005 and the Peeled in May 2009
In my brain I just cannot stand the peel on, but hey purists be damned I just collected both for all variations
I just love the Peeled version 10x more than I love the unpeeled

View attachment 348594
View attachment 348595
Ha! Yup. I peel them all at this point too!

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Congrats on the Score Teams BTW Jay- I'll find my Premier Team when I can
Here's the other two they are local that Premiers back east

Never was fond of the opposite way - something is buried in my brain about issues with that type
I'll have to go digging with the paperwork and see why I avoided that variation
Been slabbed since 2009 these two
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Figure the cards will do the talking. Bunch of Pop 1 or low pop
More Andrew dug up from the PC and slabbed. Slowly divesting my Andrew's and others
Those Elite are just prone to chipping

Pics don't do the Quantum Leafs justice- cards are just beautiful in person
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
OK next series up for the Clemens inventory scanning is my 2003 LEAF CERTIFIED MATERIALS sub-set
Hands down one of my favorite sub series period. Lots off goodies in these boxes and ROI was awesome never could go wrong cracking any

Last time I broke a box of this stuff was about 5 years ago out of my storage- see
2003 LCM BOX BREAK

Info about the set is contained here
2003 LEAF CERTIFIED MATERIALS BASEBALL SET

As you can see the set has it all- autos, jerseys, inserts, rookies etc etc etc
I'll try and dig up more info folks including the promo stuff and Ad sheets, but this is what my local storage had in it , so it's the best I could do right now

For some backup, we look to the SEPTEMBER 2003 Beckett magazine Baseball Collector Magazine to get some Ads going on the set
On the front was the new phenom- Dontrelle Willis- and one the back-- yeah- eye candy galore for the 2003 LCM set
I saw that print out and immediately started ordering boxes upon cases of the stuff
full.jpg
full.jpg
Stuck inside between pages 12-13 was the 2003 Leaf Certified Materials SAMPLE card on a Beckett Ad
And directly opposite on Page 12 was the " By the Box " breakdown of what collectors would find inside an average box
full.jpg
full.jpg

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
First up will be the #78- RED SOX FABRIC OF THE GAME variations
Most of the variations can have autos associated with them as well, including many 1/1 items
The various die cuts have facts associated with why DLP produced them

BA - Commonly referred to as just " Base", it is meant to signify that it's just a " base" game used jersey piece used
In the case of Clemens Red Sox pieces, it is from a home jersey used in the 1995 season
They are die cut so they appear to show all the bases - hence the weird shape with the rounded 3 corners,
with the bottom sort of a straight line as home plate is surrounded by the two batter box front outlines

These generally have from 10-100 available, with modern jerseys having more, and the vintage items being used more sparingly. However- they may have limited supply based on a variety of factors incuding jersey availability and various estate rights. We all know about the court cases on authenticity and such no need to go over them again

Frankly I consider all this stuff " manufactured" rarity, so I don't place much value on their " authenticity", to me its about how many get produced of a card

full.jpg

DY - Commonly referred to as " Debut Year" it is meant to signify the year when the TEAM NICKNAME made its debut
In the case of the Red Sox, in December 1907 then owner John Taylor decided to change the uniforms associated with the team. The fronts showed a large red stocking on them with Boston on it, and media began calling them the " Red Stockings" and eventually shortening it to " Red Sox"

The pieces available will range from 1 all the way to 98. Due to the low year associated with the Red Sox being from 1907 -- just 7 were created
full.jpg

IN - meant to signify a special " Inscription", generally a player related factoid of interest
In Clemens case, the development of his nickname, and the year it first started getting used- 1986- his MVP season

Technically for Clemens there are 5 Inscription Auto / Jersey pieces ( cards 01/50, 02/50, 03/50, 04/50 and 05/50)
And the rest numbered 06/50 and higher thru 50/50 are the Inscription jersey pieces, so just 45 of those available

Most players there are between 10-50 available depending on the vintage/modern aspect. For Clemens 50 pieces available for the Inscription variation , with the first 5 used in the Auto variations
full.jpg
full.jpg
JN - meant to signify a players Jersey Number- in Clemens case his Red Sox Jersey # 21
Just 21 jersey number cards available for this variation
full.jpg
JY - Jersey Year- meant to signify the year of the jersey that was cut up
For Clemens it was a 1995 jersey so they created 95 pieces of this variation
full.jpg
PS - Position - self explanatory meant to signify the players " Position"
Clemens being a Pitcher so the big P die cut. I was lucky to grab his jersey # on this variation
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
NEXT UP WILL BE ALL THE YANKEES # 80 VARIATIONS
BASE
full.jpg
DEBUT YEAR - I just came to an agreement to sell / trade a dupe of this item # 05/13 to another Clemens collector
full.jpg
INSCRIPTION and INSCRIPTION AUTO variations
full.jpg
full.jpg
JERSEY NUMBER
full.jpg
JERSEY YEAR- in Clemens case- 2002, so they decided to create 102 versions for whatever reason
full.jpg
POSITION
full.jpg

I will get to the mirror versions in a bit

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Last, but not the very least- the MIRROR variations.
Was yelled at by insurance girl for showing slab numbers so gotta black them out again
MIRROR RED VERSIONS
full.jpg
full.jpg
MIRROR BLUE VERSIONS
full.jpg
full.jpg
MIRROR GOLD VERSIONS - I have a dupe of the base Gold- will keep the uniform # of course
full.jpg
full.jpg

The dupe Gold is below
full.jpg

Interesting story here to tell
I owned multiple Emerald JERSEY pieces. Thinking I had dupes, I sold one to another Clemens guy
Turned out the dupe was a 2005 version, and I sold a copy of the 2003 version
Fast forward years later to 2022- made the same mistake again- selling my copy thinking I had one extra

Not gonna ask for it back- my bad for not knowing what I had
But I am on the look out now for the # 01/05 version of the jersey piece, as I own the 1/5 auto and base 1/5 versions
So if I can find the Emerald jersey 01/05 piece- can compete a little trifecta and re-unite them all again

MIRROR EMERALD VERSIONS
full.jpg
full.jpg

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Got some slabs back after a wait and will be posting in a few different posts today
Little bit of everything came back. I had more of the 10+ year "wtf" pile return
Those were the condition issue ones and the crossovers

I added the Silver base jersey to the 2004 Fleer Inscribed Names of the Game run
Also upgraded my 2004 Absolute TOTT Green 128 Yankees version to a Mint 9 now
Rest of the slabs will be going in the 1990's insert post and the 2005 Absolute post
If anybody needs to see the runs these belong to I'll link to them
full.jpg
full.jpg

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
Got some slabs back after a wait and will be posting in a few different posts today
Little bit of everything came back. I had more of the 10+ year "wtf" pile return
Those were the condition issue ones and the crossovers

I added the Silver base jersey to the 2004 Fleer Inscribed Names of the Game run
Also upgraded my 2004 Absolute TOTT Green 128 Yankees version to a Mint 9 now
Rest of the slabs will be going in the 1990's insert post and the 2005 Absolute post
If anybody needs to see the runs these belong to I'll link to them
View attachment 349230
View attachment 349231
8.5 is good on NOTG in my book.i have two raw ones that wouldn't be 5s lol

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
While I'm down to just 5 cards within completing the entire 2004 Ultimate run, the 2005 Ultimate year is annoyingly not even half way , due partly to its sheer popularity in the collecting arena. This being said- knocked another one off the list

I paid back a debt, and payback took 15 months but its done- and she's here :love:
Will be crossed over into a BGS slab ASAP
full.jpg

Members online

Latest posts