Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent slab pickups / grading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
A few more Clemens for insurance lady ( will be scanning more she's insistent) and will also be showing some slabs back.
Inside each September 2002 Beckett was either a Studio Sample or an Absolute Sample. Got the silver just need to locate a Gold version. Topps Ringmasters has a unique raised surface one of the cooler items Topps came up with back then.
If you have ever tried to gem GU or a Fleer item- its tough. Love these two cards :)
Thanks to Justin @f2tornado for the Diamond Dominators Jsy gem !!

full

full

full

full

Starting a new box this one has a lot of 80's mixed in. The 1986 Topps Tiffany is like most Topps- poorly produced. QC issues common. I don't expect any less its a candy company.Self subbed from my own purchased set years ago.
I've written about the Classic Green series before in my "365 Days of Red Sox thread", which I write in when I get time. As you can see its been damaged by my moves. Added a few misc slabs that were the end of the box couple of harder to locate in good condition Artists proofs

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Awesome stuff. Really tough high grade GU Clemens

Thanks GU stuff is indeed difficult to Gem.

A couple more PSA slabs from 2003 Pristine. Scanning more BGS and PSA slabs including some more Nomar re-slabs just back. Unbelievable how many PSA slabs and re-slabs from March/May came back . I'm still unpacking peoples stuff, and fitting scanning in between docs/work/sleep :sleep: ( hence why I'm up at 5 am on my morning off)

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
The Mint 9 is awesome- that years Chrome was horribly produced . Believe it was so bad Topps switched contractors.
I'll presume since your posting your stateside and not TAD elsewhere for now ??

Some more Nomars back from re-slabbing and a new one slabbed ( the 2003 Absolute Gold)
Got a bunch more due back in 2021 slow going can only pop a few on each sub gotta concentrate on re-sale

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Some more Clemens slabs to post. A few from the 1986 Donruss and 1987 Donruss series.
Interesting story I'll relate on the Pop 1 Leaf /DK # 2 Clemens. I happened to notice back in 2006 when a seller lists a few BGS slabs. I needed the Donruss #2 DK so I figure " Hey let's buy it" . Hit the BIN , pay, and wait til it comes in.
I do what I always do and start scanning it in so I can add my registry, send to the insurance gal, and we all good.
Its after I scan and start manipulating it in Adobe CS2 that I suddenly realize " Crap its a Leaf DK !! "
I immediately email the BGS folks and say " Hey yeah- mislabel-- check the back out".
Um yeah- French - so its a Leaf - not a regular Donruss. Still a Pop 1 all these years later.
You'd have to sub Leafs regularly to know how lucky that mislabel issue helped me.

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Remember when I said I didn't remember buying many Sweet Spots? I musta done something as I found 3 more slabbed
Maybe one a year which is why my memory is limited . Not sure how well the pic shows ,but the 2008 version is # 22/28 ( his uniform # with Yanks). This is 3 more collection holes I won't have to worry about filling. The 2001 version being the granddaddy of the series. Even keeping out of light- autos still fade.

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
So I woke up early due to pain, and decided to start the scanning again. Came across this slab while going thru the 2 newest boxes and sorting, and it reminded me of the boards generosity, and the great collection of collectors it has ( and had). Since its Thanksgiving week also I'd like to once again give thanks to the collector who helped make it happen.

If anyone remembers @daveyou ( who got married and sort of disappeared from here about 6-7 years ago) he was of great help in the below card. Thought I'd never see it for my Fred Lynn collection due to who was also on the card itself ( obvious)

If your out there lurking Dave--still own it 🤗 and still grateful for that help !!

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Many members will remember an awesome high level game used thread by Kurt @16christensen16 who has moved on to other pursuits. Here's another Fred Lynn I got from him, along with a Dewey Evans that he helped me with as well. Still kept here Kurt 🤗 forever grateful for the help here also . Somewhere else is a couple Pudge Fisk I'm sure I'll come across he helped with also

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
So the next few Clemens are from the 1987 Fleer Regular and Glossy sets. Not sure where my #32 Glossy Clemens is will locate it and scan. The Glossy set is tough to Gem. They came in a tin, were easily damaged, and had all the usual issues the base sets had. I was happy to get Mint 9 on a bunch. I always believed Fleer mailed the base set in to concentrate on what they were providing superchains. Those will follow soon as this box has tons of 80's and others mixed in. A lot of self subs here. The 1987 Fleer set look for darkened blue, well focused, centered stuff with tight corners if you wanna gem any be it Base or Glossy version

full

full

full

full

full

full

I'll be showing the 1987 Boxed type sets in a bit going to get some sleep

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Below are some of the various inserts from the 1987 Fleer series products that major chains got.
Most sets were 44 card boxed sets that were loaded with rookies and All-Stars or stars of the time.
To me they were why I loved Fleer products. Great designs, lots of colors, good pictures - everything I wanted in a card.
Missing a few more like the Star Sticker and World series ones but I showed a few already and here is more
ANother thing was it was cheaper to buy these than waste $$ on packs producing base players
ROI made more sense buying these.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

domino2012

Aug 17, 2008
Mourmelon le Grand, France
Hello all!
I thought I'd share my SGC cards that just came in this morning. Overall pretty happy. Disappointed on 3 cards... was expecting a half grade more for 2 of the Griffeys and I'm still shocked about the Thome... now that I have it back, I can only think it's about centering because I see nothing else.
On a side note, the Jackson Tiffany was a BGS 9 I cracked out because I wanted it in an SGC case.
The 89 TT Griffey was a "mint 10" from an unknown grader.
Thanks for looking.
1957_Topps_10_Willie_Mays__SGC-Grade-5_Auth-3725420-front.jpg1957_Topps_10_Willie_Mays__SGC-Grade-5_Auth-3725420-back.jpg
1961_Topps_150_Willie_Mays__SGC-Grade-6pt5_Auth-5680004-front.jpg1961_Topps_150_Willie_Mays__SGC-Grade-6pt5_Auth-5680004-back.jpg
1984_Fleer_131_Don_Mattingly__SGC-Grade-9_Auth-4808534-front.jpg1984_Fleer_131_Don_Mattingly__SGC-Grade-9_Auth-4808534-back.jpg
1985_Donruss_273_Roger_Clemens__SGC-Grade-9_Auth-1317074-front.jpg1985_Donruss_273_Roger_Clemens__SGC-Grade-9_Auth-1317074-back.jpg
1985_Donruss_273_Roger_Clemens__SGC-Grade-9_Auth-3813416-front.jpg1985_Donruss_273_Roger_Clemens__SGC-Grade-9_Auth-3813416-back.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts