Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent slab pickups / grading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Last group is the multi patch and autos I was able to locate. You cant see the serial on the Verlander I'm sure but its # 01/20. If you ever see patches from these Triples that show anything but WBC stuff as noted on the back - avoid. They didn't use anything else. Shout-out to @Pinbreaker who was instrumental in both these patches

full

full

full

full

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Last group is the multi patch and autos I was able to locate. You cant see the serial on the Verlander I'm sure but its # 01/20. If you ever see patches from these Triples that show anything but WBC stuff as noted on the back - avoid. They didn't use anything else. Shout-out to @Pinbreaker who was instrumental in both these patches

full

full

full

full

Glad I could help you with your collection..

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Since I came across these at the start of the next box will scan them first. Time for a little Pacific love to begin !! Up first will be 2000 Aurora. Cheap $35-40 boxes back then and contained some great cards- always loved me some Pacific. West Coasters were spoiled we saw little of this back east. Some Premiere Dates, card variations in poses & pics,and numerous color variations- Pacfic Aurora has quite a bit of it.

Good info on the set and insert ratios as always at baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/2000_Aurora
Don't have a lot of time today so will show just a few subsets off I've been able to scan and write about real quickly
Will need to locate my Silver PF, my National Convention stamped and I think 1-2 others and scan

full

full

full

full

full

full

Also I located my 2007 UD Spectrum SuperSwatch in this next box- that's a good sign !!
full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Another jersey subset scanned is my Clemens 2002 FLAIR Jersey Heights subset cards. An under appreciated subset and Flairs first stuff in 3 years. I always like opening the boxes and seeing what the box topper was. Clemens has a base, patch, and a dual with Jeter. Always a battle with Jeter collectors. Snagged mine early thankfully before many people even were aware of the difficulty of pulling certain items from the boxes.

Good info as always about the set at baseballcardpedia of course
baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/2002_Flair#Jersey_Heights

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Next up folks is a subset I know that is gonna bring out some "comments" and pics- which I always actively encourage and enjoy seeing !! I consider this subsset my personal choice of the "Greatest" of All Game used subsets. Other subsets may have approached it with quality of pieces, thoughtfulness of subject matter, etc. None, and I repeat none, galvanized collectors like this set the first time they laid eyes on it. Even today brings out the juices seeing one of these items
To me pleasing colors, intricate layout, thoughtful design- would love to meet the graphics "artist" that designed this set. I'd have side work for them. Love, love, love this set as do many, many others who have items from it. Below is ONLY going to show the subset below I bolded.

Info on the 2001 Absolute entire series is contained here- and of course the 2001 Absolute Home Opener Souvenirs subset info is there also baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/2001_Absolute_Memorabilia

For old times sake I took one of my unopened boxes a while back and opened it in my box break thread ( lord I need to get on that project soon also !) MY 2001 ABSOLUTE BOX BREAK Pulled a Glaus Dual HOS but it was a fun break ( I sold the mystery ball as I own the Clemens already)

Shout out to @Donutme for his help on the Home Run version

Here's what in the box- I'll need to locate the rest of the 2001 Absolutes somewhere.
A few slabs are cracked will need to get fixed one of these years

full

full

full

full

Also found some dupes that I'll scan sure I have tons more hidden
full

full

Last edited:

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Love the Absolute Home Opener Souvenir set, I don't think I had ever seen a Home Run version before, they look cool. I've got the double and triple for Jason Giambi but am missing the single for some reason (need to rectify that) and the home run.

01abshome2.jpg
01abshome3.jpg

Also love the Ball Hoggs/Boss Hoggs cards out of that set...looks like Clemens is in that so I suspect you have one or both versions.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Also love the Ball Hoggs/Boss Hoggs cards out of that set...looks like Clemens is in that so I suspect you have one or both versions.

Nice Giambi's !!! Would love to see other people's slabbed or unslabbed versions . I love that sub-series.

I do have more items from 2001 absolute it's just that the Box just has that particular subset in it.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Next up on the scan list is my 2002 Piece of the Game Material subset. DLP/Playoff had some interesting sub-series, and the first year iteration of the POG series as I like to call it was interesting. During this time period DLP introduced a 6 card "pack" that had 1 guaranteed Game Used card inside- which up until then had never been done in DLP products. I do believe I broke one of my 2002 unopened boxes of these a little bit ago ,but cannot locate said post. I'll have to just locate another box in storage when I get that far and go ahead and crack another one open :)

Players have a bunch of levels depending on their card number
For Roger Clemens he "supposedly" had all the following game used levels for card # 75

Bronze # to 250
Silver # to 100
Gold # to 50- two versions a jersey and glove
Platinum # to 25

The numbered # to 100 version "should" have silver highlights & be numbered to 100.
I don't seem to be able find mine, but found his variation piece # 75A. This card has silver highlights and is unnumbered.
Will keep searching for the # to 100 version. I also can't locate my glove slabbed #/50 piece will search that one as well.

Info on the rest of the players for the GU and Autos is here baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/2002_Playoff_Piece_of_the_Game#Materials
Pics below of what I located of mine ( Platinum can barely see its light blue # 13/25 on back lower left)

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Next up today scan wise is my 2001 Upper Deck Ultimate Game Used subset. The auto's must be somewhere else = all I've located in the boxes here are the base. My memory of these boxes is fuzzy but I do remember that $100 boxes were not common back then and they were the first UD to go over that price. Of course having some of the first Ichiro rookie signatures had a lot to do with it. I remember them holding off the release date. I was too busy breaking Absolute and Leaf Limited to care much. Oh- and getting married mighta taken some time and funds up then 😒

Good info as always on the set is here at baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/2001_Ultimate_Collection

My guy Clemens appeared in both the Game Jersey Subset and the Magic Numbers subset with both jersey items and autos. I have the autos somewhere else I'm sure I'll locate later. Believe this is the first time I've ever had most of the base items together. Anyways see below for the pics. Would love to see others if you have them !! On the Game Jersey I had the Copper uniform # 22/24 slabbed when I saw the Gem posted I bought it. Always like upgrading ! Kept it around in case another Clemens guy wanted to trade cards someday I'd have the jersey piece to do so . The Gold Game jersey- packed poorly and arrived with that wrinkle. Slabbed to protect from future damage. Never upgraded too busy. Missing my Silver Magic Numbers = buried somewhere will update when seen.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
I found more from the 2007 Upper Deck Premier in this next box so scanning these and will relocate to the other box. Sad to say there is another 10-15 slabs sitting in another box I have to find to finish this years Premier. I distinctly remember the first time I saw the checklist on Beckett and a few other places. First thought to myself was "What the daylights???" Has someone lost their flipping mind ?? Did the computer break and duplicate entries ? Are these checklist places gonna correct this crap sometime??

2007 Upper Deck Premier Remnants Quad #RC Roger Clemens/84
2007 Upper Deck Premier Remnants Quad #RC Roger Clemens/84

Same deal repeated on multiple quad and triple pieces. Took me looking on eBay to figure out what the daylights they were doing. Even then took almost a year before I'd established even a base PC checklist of what I needed to get.

For my guy Clemens ,he had two versions of the quad pieces- his UNI number and his best year of awards 1986
For his Triple pieces , UD selected his award winning 7CY and his current team in HOU

Like usual missing some here and there. Thought I had his HOU triple base and Gold-- instead I have two Golds
I also located those missing base cards I knew I had somewhere. Still haven't found a bunch of rare,quad, and patch pieces. And while I didn't set out to do it on his quad uniform # stuff I ended up with both his #22/84 base and #22/22 gold versions and the #2/5 platinum . Also have a bunch of dupes somewhere in plastic. Never ending series this one. Expensive to break and not cheap to buy the low number stuff . Maybe will do an inventory of this years stuff and see whats available and plug some holes sometime in 2021

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008

Absolutely love the autos 😘 great Juan Gone card !!!

If you'll check the slab write up again- half way down , just before the pictures I put this qualifier in =

jeffv96masters said:
Here's what in the box- I'll need to locate the rest of the 2001 Absolutes somewhere.

I am missing quite a few slabs that were not in any of the boxes I have here and are in storage still.
I'm sure I'll locate more 2001 Absolute including my current slabbed autos. Sadly were not in the 6 boxes that were here.

I have more coming from other years- scanning now !!

Jeff

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
This next series was the easiest set to complete for Clemens he had minimal amounts of stuff in it. Thankfully since he was in so many other subsets. Below is my 2005 Upper Deck Trilogy Generations Present subset items. I never broke a box of these although I should have. Think I was too enamored with DLP stuff ( actually believe 2005 UD HOF tins and 2005 Ultimate were my itch back then for UD product). They had if I remember some seriously sweet autos in this set- one of the better designs from UD- if you have some some them off !!

Good info on the subset and set info can be found here as always at baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/2005_Upper_Deck_Trilogy

Clemens had both Bat and Jersey versions both in Silver and Gold versions.
Was much, much harder to get his Jersey pieces in this set- took me a few years to get a Gold one

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Up next scan wise is my 2003 UD Classic Portraits Classic Stitches subset series. Can admit this was a series I didn't even look at for 4 years. Did not care for the contents and my guy Clemens has minimal stuff. Was not a fan of the oversize stuff either then or now. Too big for me to store. The busts were not something I'd have collected either. Clemens luckily on had 7 items in the set. There were 3 base items and 4 jersey/patch.

Below is the jersey / patch pieces = my base items have yet to be slabbed ( doing base items last)
Good info as always on this series is contained here at baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/2003_Upper_Deck_Classic_Portraits

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Just in case anyone wonders why it takes forever to post - isn't as easy as scanning stuff and posting. I have to scan them, show them publicly. Update an inventory, email the insurance lady to view the publicly posted item to check them off as my actual registries are all private at PSA/BGS. Add the newest updated pics to my registries. Update my excel spreadsheet file. Rinse, repeat. While doing work, docs, emails, orders, packing, shipping , ebay sales etc. Every day is planned and even then unexpected things occur.

And right now my insurance people are priority uno. I don't feel like having multiple hundreds of dollars extra in policy assessment. With that in mind- next up is the 4 of 6 I know I own of 2007 Sportkings. At least with the Doc you knew what you were getting. Won't do much writing on them but go look up the revival of the Sportkings story he's an interesting man. He helped resurrect the Parkhurst brand in hockey in the 90's and frankly least he does things to help the hobby
His In the Game series in hockey has always been on hockey guys love

I'd love to point you towards a good source of info on the subsets but there isn't one
Maybe when I get time will dig up all my info and write something in my Red Sox post since Clemens is in the set

Anyways-- pictures of the 4 of the 6 cards I found in the boxes will locate the other 2 below them I am sure in the next set of boxes to come

full

full

full

full

And somewhere in my other boxes are these 2 below- the National Patch being a 1/1
I picked up that National patch 1/1 a good 2 years before I snagged the Patch version above

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
This will be the last sub-set for today since I have run out of time have to sleep before work tonite. The 2004 Ultra Turn Back the Clock subsets were one of many awesome subsets in 2004 Ultra. I always bought Ultra as this was a Fleer flagship series I thought, and neat inserts were always inside. This years subset is no different with 4 total variations for Clemens in the TBTC . If you go to the 2004 Fleer Ultra you'll see those boxes are great breaks lots of interesting stuff. Might have a few in storage.

I have emailed the baseballcardpedia folks about the Patch series subset and they list them as # to 25 when the whole series is # to 29 for patches. As one of my go to sources of good info, I'd like to help them correct that overlooked issue and can send pics if needed of multiple players.

There are 4 Clemens jersey/patch pieces in this subset along with other base items I'll slab later

Copper Jsy # to 399
Silver Jsy # to 199
Gold Jsy # to 99
Platinum Patch # to 29

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
One of the tenets I have in the hobby is it should enjoyed on multiple levels by multiple people, and passing it on to the next generation is key. Sets like the 2006 Upper Deck Future Stars are one way to do it. Boxes were cheap, full of hits, with nice colors and inserts mixed in. Its how I got involved back in the early 60's in the hobby ( cool stuff that caught my kid eyes) and this series does that with good value.

Strangely I found much of my lower number stuff immediately, with the Red,Green, then Blue versions being last.Go figure right ? The hardest of all for some reason was Blue. Can't remember if that Blue one was a retail only insert- someone remember why the Blue's were so tough ??

Info on the set can be found here as always at baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/2006_Upper_Deck_Future_Stars

I remember chasing Chase Utley stuff back then for some reason after his WBC performance.
Think I spent $25 a box for 6 boxes 9Black Friday Blowout) and pulled some nice colors. Pulled a Red AInk low # to 35 auto that I may still own. If I locate the auto will scan it.

Roger Clemens had the following base cards in these colors. I have yet to see a single Plate. Anyone has 1 Clemens example I'd like to buy at least 1.

Purple ( # to 1799 total)
Green ( # to 499 total)
Red ( # to 299 total )
Blue ( # to 99 total)
Black ( # to 50 total)
Gold ( # to 25 total)
Printing Plates ( set of 4 for each card)

Pics of what I currently have slabbed are below. Believe I may ( or may not) have sold a few spare blacks I had
I'll locate my Blue its somewhere and slab it to complete. Not sure what my favorite color is- think its Green/499 ,but the Dark Blue/99 is also cool.

full

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited:

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Amazing stuff! Seeing all the UD makes me wish they still had a license for baseball. Always loved their high end stuff most.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Another 2006 set scanned this one is what I was able to locate of my 2006 Finest series. I always loved breaking Finest and this years was now different than any other years. Great inserts and love the colors. Believe I broke one of these boxes recently in my box break thread- ah yes 2006 FINEST BOX

Strangely have all the low # stuff slabbed , except I cannot locate my Green Xfractor to slab . I may have to buy another one= if I can find a Clemens.
If you own a Green its my favorite color in 2006 Finest be happy to buy it from you ( Yellow a close second)
Matter of fact I'll buy any color ( Blue,Black,Yellow,Green) if its Clemens love me some Finest
Not going to write up much about this series pressed for time today
While it would be nice to have a 1/1 example of some type won't ever lose any sleep or not having at least 1 example
When I locate my red and red refractor will post it.

Good info as always is at baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/2006_Finest

Posting the totals for each below will try and locate all my base stuff and slab it ( this includes base, base refractor and Xfractor = all red)

Base items
==========
Refractor ( # to 399 )
X-Fractor ( # to 250 )

Colors
========
Blue Refractor ( # to 299)
Green Refractor ( # to 199 )
Blue X-Fractor ( # to 150 )
Black Refractor ( # to 99 )
Green X-Fractor ( # to 50 )
Gold Refractor ( # to 49 )
Black X-Fractor ( # to 25 )
Gold X-Fractor ( # to 10)

ONE OF ONES
=-==========
White Framed Refractor (one-of-one)
White Framed X-Fractor (one-of-one)
SuperFractor (one-of-one)
Framed Printing Plates (set of four for each card)

Copies of what I was able to locate are below will post the base stuff when I get to slabbing it

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
So the other day I showed off the granddaddy of Ultimate - today is Year 2 of the Ultimate series. This years set of 2002 Ultimate was a lot less interesting than the first years- unless you collected McGwire and Ichiro. Then it became "very" interesting !!

I don't remember purchasing a single box of this series. Think I bypassed it completely and just went on eBay for my Clemens. Came out Dec 2002 so I believe I was planning my January 2003 golfing trip to the RTJ Trail in Bama so I wouldn't have purchased any boxes at all. Maybe I'll try and locate a box later this year after taxes come back and break one since I don't ever remember doing so over the years.

As always good info is contained here at baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/2002_Ultimate_Collection
Once again on another set I have emailed them. They are wrong about the Tier 2 Gold jersey levels- its serial to 30 examples, not 50. Hopefully they will correct it.

Roger had a bunch of Game used and 2 types of autos- base and Gold. He was a Tier 1 player so he had 320 base and 25 Gold. Strangely I can locate everything in these boxes but the base auto ( the base card itself is not slabbed yet all base being done last) Roger was also on a double patch card with Jason Giambi and both are below as well
And yes that Gold signature is # 01/25 I never cared much for numbering just wanted 1 example of each card just happened to get that one. Dealer didn't even list the number and scan looked like a 10 at the time.

If anyone owns any of the double barrels- fire away love seeing one. They are rarely seen so love to see it if you have an example !!

Each Game Jersey is available in the following Tiers. I initially tried to do this by colors but gave up
Too much headache trying to figure out gold/silver color schemes initially. Did it solely by serial numbering until I was complete

Tier 4 ( # to 199 )
Tier 3 ( # to 199 )
Tier 2 ( # to 99 )
Tier 2 Gold ( # to 30 )
Tier 1 ( # to 99 )
Tier 1 Gold ( # to 50)

full

full

full

full

full

full