Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Selling PC Cards

Would you ever sell a PC card?

• Yes, if I needed the money

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Wondering how FCB feels about this topic.

For me, I usually either buy something as an investment, knowing that I am almost without doubt going to sell it at some point in time (about 95% of my card experience the last three years), or as a card for my collection, knowing that I am almost without doubt NOT going to sell it at any point in time (the remaining 5% of my card activity).

I don't collect sports other than baseball with the exception of a couple cards of my favorite players from other sports. I have this awesome Drew Brees card back from just before his rookie season that at the time I way overpaid for ($100 when I probably could have had one for $30 if I had known where to find another), although I didn't care because it was my new favorite card and it was worth it to me. He instantly became my favorite athlete when he was at Purdue, and has been one of my favorites ever since. Not to mention, the card is beautifully designed and features an on-card auto.

With the Superbowl looming, I considered listing it as an outrageous BIN/BO just to see what offers I may get in case he threw for 1000 yards and 12 touchdowns, but ended up not doing so. Even though he was the MVP, I decided it would have taken an enormous offer for me to actually move the card and that it is highly unlikely that someone would make that offer.

To me, the appeal of certain cards is hard to let go. But at the same time, sometimes you have to put things into perspective. If someone is offering you 50 million dollars for your favorite card, you're out of your mind not to take the money.

I don't have a huge PC because I came to the realization that money is more valuable to me than having a bunch of cards of players whom I don't care about. Because of this, I limit my PC to stuff that I really love (generally of players I really love), which makes every card that is a part of it much more valuable to me, and much harder to ever consider moving.

BreesPacific.jpg

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
If I can make 100% profit on any PC cards, they would he out the door. There are only a few cards (1/1's) that it would take 200%+ for me to move them

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I selected option 1, but I would add "desperately" and "have no other options" to it. :D

If I am ever in a situation were I need the money to support my family, I will sell every card I own and never look back.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I chose the first option. My HOF auto collection is for myself and my son. And if he doesn't like baseball and doesn't give a damn about the collection (he's one and a half right now), it might get sold when he's an adult and he needs money for college/travel/house etc.

Until then, it ain't goin' nowhere.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I said 'no'...but I would sell to pay for overdue medical bills.

Depending on the offer I'd toil over it for a while but would always come back to the same conclusion.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
chashawk said:
I selected option 1, but I would add "desperately" and "have no other options" to it. :D

If I am ever in a situation were I need the money to support my family, I will sell every card I own and never look back.

+1

~AJ

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
If I needed the mnoey for some reason I would sell anything I had.

If I have cards in my personal collection that I know I could sell very high at a particular moment and buy back later, I would ido that in a heart beat.

For example if Kershaw threw a no hitter, I would list some of his stuff, and buy back the same type of card weeks or months later when they are back at normal price. I did this with Price when he saved game 7 of the ALCS. I sold 5 cards of his, and have since bought those cards back and have a nice profity to show for it.

If the card was very rare and did not show up often, I would have to receive a tremendous offer.

ideal0024

Jan 22, 2009
Maplewood, MN
chashawk said:

Agreed.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
chashawk said:

This.

Except I chose option 4. If it's either family or trading cards, family comes first.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
"Yes, if I needed the money."

Chances are, my rare RC parallels would go last, as I would most certainly sell my memorabilia first followed by rare high-end GU cards. My Superfractors (and RC 1/1s) would most -with out a doubt - go last.

Members online

Latest posts