Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Setting up at my first show Sunday, suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Mamunrud said:
how did you do?

Not bad. Bunch of bargin hunters and a few wax buyers. The bad weather was all hype. sold a few things to other dealers. covered my expenses and made about $40.

I wouldn't do it again, but I'd do it over, if you catch my drift.

At least now i can stop wondering if I have anything anyone wants :)

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I was debating setting up this coming weekend in Raleigh. It's only a one-day show, but after seeing the results of the last show here...a lot of people walking around, and so few were spending anything.

One of these days I will.

So, now that you have this one under your belt...what things would you do differently?

Mamunrud

Aug 14, 2008
Dubuque, Iowa
hive17 said:
Mamunrud said:
how did you do?

Not bad. Bunch of bargin hunters and a few wax buyers. The bad weather was all hype. sold a few things to other dealers. covered my expenses and made about $40.

I wouldn't do it again, but I'd do it over, if you catch my drift.

At least now i can stop wondering if I have anything anyone wants :)

-----------

Sounds like a normal show there then... Nothing changes.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
i try to learn something every time i set up . have done charlotte , nc in the past but the big dealers are hard to beat .

james5348

Feb 2, 2009
i would do those 1.00 grab bags. kids love those things.put a couple inserts/rookies/base etc in there and offer like every 3 you buy you get a gu or hide a gu or two or auto in one of the bags

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
So, now that you have this one under your belt...what things would you do differently?

I wouldn't waste table space laying things out. I'd have a bunch of boxes for people to go thru. I might to the grabs, IDK. I would wonder if I could ever get my table covered again.

Maybe if I went all the way to Milwaukee with my Brewers stuff, but even then I don't know.

Members online