Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Should fighting be banned in the NHL?

Should the NHL ban fighting?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adamcm

Aug 7, 2008
Remove fighting from the game? In my opinion it shouldn't be removed. But there have been alot of good points brought up on various radio stations i've heard.

Eliminate the player who only has the purpose to fight. There are plenty of players that can fight, and also play valuable minutes. No need for the player who plays 2 minutes a game.

Another interesting item someone brought up was to keep the gloves on. I know it would look a little "sissy-ish", but hockey really is the only sport where bare knuckle combat is allowed.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
I can't see them allowing fighting with gloves on. I think that would cause more head injuries, no feer of hurting your knuckles on the other guys helmet, too easy to swing away. Besides it is not the punching that is the problem, it is the smacking your head on the ice when you fall from a take down without your helmet that is the problem.

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
Absolutely not. When I think of hockey, I think of fighting. I mean, fighting is a trademark in the NHL and all other hockey teams. That is one of the things I look forward to when I go to Hershey Bears AHL games. I love watching it! It's like Boxing on ice. I love it!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts