Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

silva just beat the brakes off Fedor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Sam Banks said:
How bout a fracking spoiler warning ******?!

All apologies! I didn't even think about it. Figured everyone who cared was watching. My bad dude. Atleast I didn't spoil the rest of the card. :oops:

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
It's kind of hard to put a warning on a title. I am disappointed in pretty much every fight tonight. I don't like anyone, or any team, in sports that's any good, apparently.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Junior Griffey said:
It's kind of hard to put a warning on a title. I am disappointed in pretty much every fight tonight. I don't like anyone, or any team, in sports that's any good, apparently.

How about "Strikeforce 'Fedor vs Silva'"? We always just put UFC 125, or UFC 126 for the events not to spoil things.

And don't worry about him losing. It isn't really that big of a deal. He's the greatest of all time, and tonight doesn't change that.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
Yeah I hear ya. But maybe the premise to the fight was that they both began by holding brakes, and whether they lost their brakes or not had nothing to do with who won the fight.

I don't know, the guy has 197 posts.

Fedor is still a ok in my book. But if he keeps fighting he's going to turn into Roy Jones Jr.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Why would u need a spoiler free title? Dont they do Strikeforce Live? Do they do it like the sit-coms? I see a show at 8P... but its 5P out west so they get it 3 hours later. Is that the same with Strikeforce? Seems like this is the kind of show you'd need to see live... not on replay a few hours later.

And now that he has lost 2 str8.... has he set the appointment for the face tattoo yet.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Fedor has cemented his legacy. He beat 5 former UFC champs and prime Nog, Mirko, etc.

All the greats (Ali, Tyson, Sakuraba, Mirko, etc.) reach this point at sometime. It is sad for me as I am a longtime Fedor fan, but it may be time.

seanho2309

Aug 11, 2008
Cibolo, TX
Ty Hope said:
Fedor has cemented his legacy. He beat 5 former UFC champs and prime Nog, Mirko, etc.

All the greats (Ali, Tyson, Sakuraba, Mirko, etc.) reach this point at sometime. It is sad for me as I am a longtime Fedor fan, but it may be time.

I simply follow with this Ty....Well Played Sir, Well Played.

Aug 29, 2008
Does anyone think that Fedor might try to drop down in weight?? He's always been a small HW and he could probably make a relatively easy cut to 205. I know he's fought bigger guys in the past but its just so hard to win when you are giving up 40/50 pounds to an equally skilled HW. I don't think its something that will happen but it could probably prolong his career if he really wants.

Etanju

Jun 28, 2010
TonyButlerStopSuckin said:
Does anyone think that Fedor might try to drop down in weight?? He's always been a small HW and he could probably make a relatively easy cut to 205. I know he's fought bigger guys in the past but its just so hard to win when you are giving up 40/50 pounds to an equally skilled HW. I don't think its something that will happen but it could probably prolong his career if he really wants.

I am not sure if we would ever see that. There is a pretty cool pic though of Barnett giving Fedor a hug after last nights fight.

James618

Mar 2, 2009
Southern California
I would still like to see Fedor fight these guys, before he hangs it up:
-Overeem
-Josh Barnett

And this part is just wishful thinking. Retire, come to the UFC for these Superfights:
-Anderson Silva
-Brock Lesner
-Shogun Rua

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
They were talking, on the broadcast, about Fedor possibly dropping down in weight in the future. That was before he said it was probably time to leave. I would like to see him drop down and continue fighting, but he really has nothing left to prove. Either way he has had an amazing career.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
Too bad Fedor just didn't retire after the Werdum fight like he said he was going to. Now saying that after Silva tooled him bothers me.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Ty Hope said:

Indeed.
The stocks keep dropping. Now "ranked" #9.... :shock:

MMA Top 10 Heavyweights: Fedor's Fall Continues
003_Fedor_Emelianenko_vs_Antonio_Silva.jpg
Strikeforce-Fedor-500x285.jpg

seanho2309

Aug 11, 2008
Cibolo, TX
Russ S. said:
[quote="Sam Banks":3np9l9lm]
And don't worry about him losing. It isn't really that big of a deal. He's the greatest of all time, and tonight doesn't change that.

Ty Hope said:

Indeed.
The stocks keep dropping. Now "ranked" #9.... :shock:

MMA Top 10 Heavyweights: Fedor's Fall Continues
003_Fedor_Emelianenko_vs_Antonio_Silva.jpg
Strikeforce-Fedor-500x285.jpg
[/quote:3np9l9lm]

Damn Russ quit subjecting Mr. Banks to photos of his idol like this. ::facepalm::

I am only playing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Members online

Latest posts