Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So, it's a consensus that Topps screwed up TChrome...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
I don't see a problem with the what Topps did. The checklist has ALWAYS been subject to change to any presale sheet. They promised 2 auto's per box, and that hasn't changed. Also, there was no telling if Stras were an SP. When A&G came out and Stras was announced as a signer, the product got really hot. Then later Topps revealed only 25 copies existed. The price of the product still didn't drop after the announcement. The real problem why people are upset is that people fronted money when Stras was hot. By the time product hit the shelves Stras mania had passed. So Topps did produce more product which is going to hurt the base rc's. But they also added more Stras autos with redemptions. They didn't have to do that. What people can be pissed about is the quality control. I have never seen so many auto's with scratches, smears and ink on the back of the cards. Also with today's technology, how can a card get any worse that 60/40 centering. The auto checklist isn't keeping me from buying the product, it's the quality of the product.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
mancini79 said:
I don't see a problem with the what Topps did. The checklist has ALWAYS been subject to change to any presale sheet. They promised 2 auto's per box, and that hasn't changed. Also, there was no telling if Stras were an SP. When A&G came out and Stras was announced as a signer, the product got really hot. Then later Topps revealed only 25 copies existed. The price of the product still didn't drop after the announcement. The real problem why people are upset is that people fronted money when Stras was hot. By the time product hit the shelves Stras mania had passed. So Topps did produce more product which is going to hurt the base rc's. But they also added more Stras autos with redemptions. They didn't have to do that. What people can be pissed about is the quality control. I have never seen so many auto's with scratches, smears and ink on the back of the cards. Also with today's technology, how can a card get any worse that 60/40 centering. The auto checklist isn't keeping me from buying the product, it's the quality of the product.

Gotta agree. These pucks are curled heavily before the box is opened. Noticed this just putting a box on the shelf today.

I do love the look of the cards though, especially the auto refs. Great design!

Members online

Latest posts