Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So What did You think of UFC 90?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yankeefan812

Aug 12, 2008
Dville Ghetto
Sam Banks said:
mikieward10 said:
[quote="Sam Banks":3stmyoov]Don't listen to him Ty. This is the same person who says that Mir wasn't getting beat down by Lesnar in their fight, but that he was 'setting him up' the entire time.

Pardon me, but Mir was getting his ass handed to him until Brock's rookie mistake.
Before the hit to the bavk of the head he was going for the leg, had his arm under his free leg, and when lesner stands the second time mir sees the leg and waits for the positioning, then boom, crafty vet, rookie mistake. But he knew what he was doing. im not sayin he didnt get punished a bit but he tried for the leg once, got hit in the back of the head went for the arm, lesner was to strong and then he saw the op to go back to the leg. Can't wait to see what Randy will do to him if he is that vulnerable

I've seen worse hits to the back of the head than that, and I have never seen a ref stop a fight because of a hit to the back of the head and deduct a point. That's the first time I have ever seen it. You always hear the refs say tho watch the back of the head. It was *censor* it was stopped. If it wasn't, I doubt that fight goes 30 more seconds. Would have ended due to ref stoppage.

And to the bolded part, you've told me like a million times that he wasn't getting beat up, he was just setting him up!

I am calling right now, ref stoppage, Brock over Randy in the first or the second round.

First prediction I've made for the fight, and it will be the last, and I stand by it.[/quote:3stmyoov]

I'm backing you 100% on this one Banks. I've got Brock taking Randy down immediately and pounding on him, first or second round it will be over. And I completely agree with what you said about his fight against Frank. That call was bogus there should have been a warning and if they would have let him stay in that position the fight would have been over.

G

mikieward10 said:
I'm just pumped to watch it, I would like to see someone test lesner's chin, I'll admit if he ever becomes well rounded look out, but until then him fighting Randy is like me pitching to Pujols, it's not gonna turn out good, I say ko or submision in the second or third round

I've been leary with making any kind of predictions for the fight, because I honestly can see anything happening. But that's what I am going to go with for the record because it's getting close. I've been leary because I can't see Brock getting KO'd really, but I can see him getting tapped rather easily. But then again I can see Brock putting his fist through Randys face and ending it early. Anything can happen, and I've said the same thing since I heard they were fighting that you just said, I'm just pumped to watch it. Just don't count Brock out, we don't know what his game plan going in will be or what he's been concentrating on while training for Randy. I think he'll win, but I'm not counting out Randy by any means. I'm just afraid that all of the going up and down in weight through the years, his age, and all the time off will finally take it's toll on him against the younger, quicker, faster and stronger fighter.

I said this the other day, I don't know who to though, but I think Brock won't shoot. I think he'll try and keep this on his feet and go for the KO punch, and if he sees an opening then GNP'ing. If he does that though leg kicks might get to him though.

Like I said, anything can happen, and I can sit here all night thinking of scenarios, but we just have to wait and watch. It's going to be fun, and anything can happen. I truly believe Brock can win though. And I hope he does. But if he doesn't, he doesn't. It will be exciting either way.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
I'm i think Randy Wins by Submission in the 2nd or 3rd round.Randy Dirty Boxing will allow him to test Lesnars chin.His Has alot more tricks then Mir and Alot more experience.Yes,Lesnar is a Strong and Powerful Man and if does get Couture in a ground and pound position,he might finish him.

I just think Randy will come into this fight in his best condition and it will show. :cool:

G

yankeefan812 said:
Sam Banks said:
mikieward10 said:
[quote="Sam Banks":1ibxeljc]Don't listen to him Ty. This is the same person who says that Mir wasn't getting beat down by Lesnar in their fight, but that he was 'setting him up' the entire time.

Pardon me, but Mir was getting his ass handed to him until Brock's rookie mistake.
Before the hit to the bavk of the head he was going for the leg, had his arm under his free leg, and when lesner stands the second time mir sees the leg and waits for the positioning, then boom, crafty vet, rookie mistake. But he knew what he was doing. im not sayin he didnt get punished a bit but he tried for the leg once, got hit in the back of the head went for the arm, lesner was to strong and then he saw the op to go back to the leg. Can't wait to see what Randy will do to him if he is that vulnerable

I've seen worse hits to the back of the head than that, and I have never seen a ref stop a fight because of a hit to the back of the head and deduct a point. That's the first time I have ever seen it. You always hear the refs say tho watch the back of the head. It was *censor* it was stopped. If it wasn't, I doubt that fight goes 30 more seconds. Would have ended due to ref stoppage.

And to the bolded part, you've told me like a million times that he wasn't getting beat up, he was just setting him up!

I am calling right now, ref stoppage, Brock over Randy in the first or the second round.

First prediction I've made for the fight, and it will be the last, and I stand by it.

I'm backing you 100% on this one Banks. I've got Brock taking Randy down immediately and pounding on him, first or second round it will be over. And I completely agree with what you said about his fight against Frank. That call was bogus there should have been a warning and if they would have let him stay in that position the fight would have been over.[/quote:1ibxeljc]

I kind of just went against part of that, lol! The Brock game plan part.

I know Ty doesn't like it, and others do too, but I can see why Brock doesn't want Mazagatti reffing this huge fight. Because that was a ******** call when he called time and took a point away. That is honestly the only time I have ever seen someone have a point deducted in UFC. I thought it was BS, and I would that thought it was BS if was done to Mir, or anyone else.

It wasn't like Brock was hitting him in the back of the head on purpose. He was trying to hit him in the side of the head, but what can you do if Mir is moving like a jackrabbit underneath him to avoid the punches, just not throw any? I don't think that's the right thing to do.

mikieward10

Oct 1, 2008
Sam Banks said:
mikieward10 said:
I'm just pumped to watch it, I would like to see someone test lesner's chin, I'll admit if he ever becomes well rounded look out, but until then him fighting Randy is like me pitching to Pujols, it's not gonna turn out good, I say ko or submision in the second or third round

I've been leary with making any kind of predictions for the fight, because I honestly can see anything happening. But that's what I am going to go with for the record because it's getting close. I've been leary because I can't see Brock getting KO'd really, but I can see him getting tapped rather easily. But then again I can see Brock putting his fist through Randys face and ending it early. Anything can happen, and I've said the same thing since I heard they were fighting that you just said, I'm just pumped to watch it. Just don't count Brock out, we don't know what his game plan going in will be or what he's been concentrating on while training for Randy. I think he'll win, but I'm not counting out Randy by any means. I'm just afraid that all of the going up and down in weight through the years, his age, and all the time off will finally take it's toll on him against the younger, quicker, faster and stronger fighter.

I said this the other day, I don't know who to though, but I think Brock won't shoot. I think he'll try and keep this on his feet and go for the KO punch, and if he sees an opening then GNP'ing. If he does that though leg kicks might get to him though.

Like I said, anything can happen, and I can sit here all night thinking of scenarios, but we just have to wait and watch. It's going to be fun, and anything can happen. I truly believe Brock can win though. And I hope he does. But if he doesn't, he doesn't. It will be exciting either way.
Well said!!! I mostly like talkin smack to make the fights more fun. But i'm with randy all the way, but i agree with what you said about his age, could be a huge factor, hopefully his experience will overcome that though,

G

Bornagaincollector said:
I just think Randy will come into this fight in his best condition and it will show. :cool:

I hope he does, because I want him in perfect shape if Brock were to win, that way none of his haters can use the old man excuse when Brock beats him. Which is what I see happening.

G

mikieward10 said:
Well said!!! I mostly like talkin smack to make the fights more fun. But i'm with randy all the way, but i agree with what you said about his age, could be a huge factor, hopefully his experience will overcome that though,

So far 'experience' has only affected Brock by one rookie mistake. I wish I was watching that fight with you because AS SOON as he was standing over Mir I said out loud that this fight is over because I could see what happened coming from a mile away.

But there are a million and a half factors and scenarios that makes this the most interesting fight I have ever watched. I just hope it doesn't disappoint.

Did you get my text earlier about this??

Following UFC 90 this past weekend in Chicago, Dana White was questioned about his thoughts on some of the talent that will be left without jobs following the collapse of EliteXC and when the topic of Kimbo Slice came up, White offered the following:

“What has the guy done to deserve to be in the UFC? Nothing. I don’t consider him a real athlete or anything. He won’t win The Ultimate Fighter (TUF). The offer is out there if he wants to take it and he won’t win it. I might [put a heavyweight show together just for him].”

Now although this is a nice gesture from the UFC President its most likely not going to happen. Slice has been spoiled with super high pay days from his time with EliteXC and may just be looking for his next big pay day instead of looking to step up his competition.

mikieward10

Oct 1, 2008
Sam Banks said:
mikieward10 said:

So far 'experience' has only affected Brock by one rookie mistake. I wish I was watching that fight with you because AS SOON as he was standing over Mir I said out loud that this fight is over because I could see what happened coming from a mile away.

But there are a million and a half factors and scenarios that makes this the most interesting fight I have ever watched. I just hope it doesn't disappoint.

Did you get my text earlier about this??

Following UFC 90 this past weekend in Chicago, Dana White was questioned about his thoughts on some of the talent that will be left without jobs following the collapse of EliteXC and when the topic of Kimbo Slice came up, White offered the following:

“What has the guy done to deserve to be in the UFC? Nothing. I don’t consider him a real athlete or anything. He won’t win The Ultimate Fighter (TUF). The offer is out there if he wants to take it and he won’t win it. I might [put a heavyweight show together just for him].”

Now although this is a nice gesture from the UFC President its most likely not going to happen. Slice has been spoiled with super high pay days from his time with EliteXC and may just be looking for his next big pay day instead of looking to step up his competition.
Yeah i got it, I hope he accepts he will get better and has great knock out power however i dont think he will ever have the stamina to compete for a title in the ufc. It would def make for a fun season of the ultimate fighter

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Bornagaincollector said:
I'm i think Randy Wins by Submission in the 2nd or 3rd round.Randy Dirty Boxing will allow him to test Lesnars chin.His Has alot more tricks then Mir and Alot more experience.Yes,Lesnar is a Strong and Powerful Man and if does get Couture in a ground and pound position,he might finish him.

Agreed on all points!

peaceandlove

Aug 7, 2008
if Randy wins, it's by a sub. If Lesnar wins, its by ref stoppage or decision. i don't see either of these guys being KO'd by the other.

G

peaceandlove said:
if Randy wins, it's by a sub. If Lesnar wins, its by ref stoppage or decision. i don't see either of these guys being KO'd by the other.

I can see Brock knocking out Randy, but not the other way around. Can't see Brock subbing Randy at all too.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
I was bummed Marcus Aurelio lost by decision. He really needed a win to take the next step up and he couldn't pull it out.

My Jiu Jitsu teacher is a black belt under Aurelio, and fellow ATT member. So, yes, I am biased.

mikieward10

Oct 1, 2008
Sam Banks said:
peaceandlove said:

I can see Brock knocking out Randy, but not the other way around. Can't see Brock subbing Randy at all too.
I dont see how either of you can say Randy WON"T ko him when lesner's chin is still to be tested

G

mikieward10 said:
Sam Banks said:
peaceandlove said:

I dont see how either of you can say Randy WON"T ko him when lesner's chin is still to be tested

If this doesn't kill the guy, let alone knock him out, I doubt a punch from any man could.

He landed directly on his head. Should not be walking today. How tough is that guy?

[youtube:36fmkng7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea15p4hM_3M[/youtube:36fmkng7]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts