Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tex to Yanks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lordsepic

Aug 9, 2008
andyduke86 said:
The Yanks are still the 3rd best team in the division.

dumbest comment of the day :)
explain this...

2 top pitchers signed... **** is back... tex replaces broken down giambi... and signed swisher...

seanho2309

Aug 11, 2008
Cibolo, TX
The Yankees are shelling out the bucks. It is simply amazing. I think their fantasy team has just gotten a whole lot better. ESPN is now reporting 8 years $180+ million bucks.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
What the Yankees are doing should be against the rules.

To say they are the 3rd best team in the division is ridiculous.

They may end up 3rd, but on paper they are far superior to the Rays.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
LLWesMan said:
andyduke86 said:
rico08 said:
Quit trolling already we get it.

andyduke86 said:
The Yanks are still the 3rd best team in the division.

Trolling? It's the truth

Dunno about that. Eight games back last year and they replace Kennedy, Hughes and Giambi with Sabathia, Burnett and Teixiera? Also will have a full year of ****?

Or replaced Moose's 20 wins with Sabthia and replaced Andy with AJ. **** coming back is big, but I don't see the huge improvement that everyone else does.

tonyrios

Aug 11, 2008
Brooklyn
trevordchi said:
What the Yankees are doing should be against the rules.

To say they are the 3rd best team in the division is ridiculous.

They may end up 3rd, but on paper they are far superior to the Rays.

Salary caps would cause a huge problem in the game of baseball. I don't think you can make it against the rules.
As a Yankees fan I wanted either Manny or Tex, but I don't really want to see Tex for 8 years. Ahhhh.

Casey2884

Aug 7, 2008
Manhattan
To the ones whining about "what the Yankees do to baseball":

You do realize the Yankees payroll is still over $25 million LESS than it was last year, right? They had $88million come off their payroll this winter... and have paid a total of roughly $60 million to Sabathia, Burnett, & Teixeira. They could still give Manny what he wants and have a cheaper roster than last year's team.

SwarzakGuy40

Aug 7, 2008
Washington State
NECpilgrims8 said:
Dumb move.

He won't put people in the seats like Manny would, AND he is also going to be locked in for a LONG time. Hope you fans are happy dishing out that crazy money instead of a shorter investment.
They don't need to put anyone in the seats.. every game is sold out. They are doing this to win, not make people come to the games.. they already have that.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Casey2884 said:

You do realize the Yankees payroll is still over $25 million LESS than it was last year, right? They had $88million come off their payroll this winter... and have paid a total of roughly $60 million to Sabathia, Burnett, & Teixeira. They could still give Manny what he wants and have a cheaper roster than last year's team.

Theyre also +20 from salary increases.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
I see this helping the Yankees right now. They have a great shot a winning now and should do well the next few seasons. The problem is they sign too many guys for too many years. Eventually, the players will not be able to produce, and the Yankees will go into another World Series-less slump. However, the Yankees have said they want to win right now, and this should help accomplish that.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:
Dumb move.

He won't put people in the seats like Manny would, AND he is also going to be locked in for a LONG time. Hope you fans are happy dishing out that crazy money instead of a shorter investment.

You really can't think the Yankees need to sell seats do you? They have set and broke the attendance record like 10 years in a row I believe. And to be quite honest no matter how good he is Manny would not fit in the bronx they would have been ruthless to him and it would not have worked.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Zambrano38 said:
I see this helping the Yankees right now. They have a great shot a winning now and should do well the next few seasons. The problem is they sign too many guys for too many years. Eventually, the players will not be able to produce, and the Yankees will go into another World Series-less slump. However, the Yankees have said they want to win right now, and this should help accomplish that.

Exactly! Everyone was talking about all these bad contracts coming off the books this year, and what do they do? Go out and sign a few more bad contracts.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
Casey2884 said:

So the Yankees had more coming off their books than half the teams in the league's entire payroll.

And you are using that as evidence there is no problem.

Where is the rolling eyes smiley when you need one?

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:
Dumb move.

Adam i am not sure what people would be in the seats for Manny. Ask most Yankee fans who they dislike most and it would be Manny. I would not follow them if they signed Manny. He is not liked in the Bronx.

Manny over 3 years is def riskier or less wise them Tex over 8. Age,defense and attitude figure into that equation

Members online

Latest posts