Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tex to Yanks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Tomlinson21RB said:
LLWesMan said:
andyduke86 said:
rico08 said:
Quit trolling already we get it.

andyduke86 said:
The Yanks are still the 3rd best team in the division.

Trolling? It's the truth

Dunno about that. Eight games back last year and they replace Kennedy, Hughes and Giambi with Sabathia, Burnett and Teixiera? Also will have a full year of ****?

Or replaced Moose's 20 wins with Sabthia and replaced Andy with AJ. **** coming back is big, but I don't see the huge improvement that everyone else does.

Dude take the blinders off. Just tex's defense alone makes them that much better.

Casey2884

Aug 7, 2008
Manhattan
trevordchi said:
Casey2884 said:
To the ones whining about "what the Yankees do to baseball":

You do realize the Yankees payroll is still over $25 million LESS than it was last year, right? They had $88million come off their payroll this winter... and have paid a total of roughly $60 million to Sabathia, Burnett, & Teixeira. They could still give Manny what he wants and have a cheaper roster than last year's team.

So the Yankees had more coming off their books than half the teams in the league's entire payroll.

And you are using that as evidence there is no problem.

Where is the rolling eyes smiley when you need one?

I'm not using anything as evidence about the "problem," simply as evidence that if all of the people up in arms actually cared so much about this "problem," then they should have been complaining about it last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, because those years the Yanks were even worse offenders than they are this year.

I think the signings of 3 fairly high-profile players gets the Yankee hate flowing in the fans of other teams ... but they seem to forget the horrendous large long-term contracts that the Yanks had guys like Abreu, Giambi, Mussina, Pettitte, etc. locked into that all just expired this year. Sure, they are replacing their losses with better, younger players, but at a lesser cost, which seems counter intuitive to some.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
The rich just got richer. Tex and Boras both.

The Yanks did what they do best.

And all three parties remain blissfully ignorant of the truth.

All the money in the world won't buy you championships, loyalty or morale.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
Casey2884 said:
trevordchi said:
Casey2884 said:
To the ones whining about "what the Yankees do to baseball":

You do realize the Yankees payroll is still over $25 million LESS than it was last year, right? They had $88million come off their payroll this winter... and have paid a total of roughly $60 million to Sabathia, Burnett, & Teixeira. They could still give Manny what he wants and have a cheaper roster than last year's team.

So the Yankees had more coming off their books than half the teams in the league's entire payroll.

And you are using that as evidence there is no problem.

Where is the rolling eyes smiley when you need one?

I'm not using anything as evidence about the "problem," simply as evidence that if all of the people up in arms actually cared so much about this "problem," then they should have been complaining about it last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, because those years the Yanks were even worse offenders than they are this year.

I think the signings of 3 fairly high-profile players gets the Yankee hate flowing in the fans of other teams ... but they seem to forget the horrendous large long-term contracts that the Yanks had guys like Abreu, Giambi, Mussina, Pettitte, etc. locked into that all just expired this year. Sure, they are replacing their losses with better, younger players, but at a lesser cost, which seems counter intuitive to some.

No one cares about 10% or so when the Yankees have more than double the payroll of most teams. When 1 team can start with the highest payroll, then add 3 of the top 4 or 5 free agents from a deep class, there is a problem.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
I don't think he is worth that kind of money,but with that being said.He is a better fit for them,then Manny would.He plays a gold glove 1st base and he runs plays out and a better teammate also.

:?:

Terry

Aug 11, 2008
The Swamp
Go to hell Mark Teixiera. Screw you, and screw the spankees. AND SCREW ANDY MCPHAIL. I'll for sure be booing you when you return home.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Unbelievable. AJ Burnett was the 3rd ranked FA this year in terms of compensation. The only two ahead of him also sign in NY so all the Jays get from the Yanks is a damn 3rd rounder.

It's ridiculous that the compensatory picks for not signing their draftees in 2008 aren't in play.

And my God, do I ever hate the unbalanced schedule.

onehrk

Aug 7, 2008
San Diego, CA
Well, all I have to say about this issue is that until the Yankees actually start winning multiple World Series again, I really couldn't care less how they spend their money.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
CC was my birthday present and Tex my Chrismas present.
I'm ecstatic they went for Tex over Manny. The infield looks solid, assuming Cano gets his stroke back, which I feel that he will.
DANNY

GoBuffs1

Dec 18, 2008
as a yankee fan i almost didnt believe it when i first saw it come across the bottom line! Just praying for a healthy year now!!!!!!

yankeefan812

Aug 12, 2008
Dville Ghetto
nborton said:
Well I've never been a supporter of a cap, but something has to be done soon or it's going to get out of hand.

Again how many times has it been said, we are still under from last year. I didn't see nearly as much complaining last year about "it getting out of hand."

Bigfan5

Aug 7, 2008
Good for the Yanks because if you've got it you might as well spend it! Their biggest problem I can see will be the manager. Torre had a way of keeping all these big egos in check and I just don't see Girardi being the guy to blend all these personalities together.

Also to the person who thought this was a Boras move I disagree. This now severely narrows the options for Manny. Basically it Anaheim or LA and they have the leverage at this point. Had Tex gone to Boston, Manny could have possibly had a longer and more lucrative contract with the Yanks.

Finally, would all of you been whining if the Sox or Nationals had signed him? I didn't think so.....It's the economics of the game and Tex was going to get his money one way or another. You all just don't like the Yanks.

Members online