Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

===========The Morning Thread===========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
klute14 said:
I am considering two players that I have always had a fondness for.

Jay Buhner and Billy Wagner.

My question to you is, which player would I encounter the least amount of collectors vying for their cards?

Thoughts?

I would think Buhner has a few more collectors but I've never seen a truely hardcore one(not that I've really researched it but from my years on the tradeboards). If you do decide to pick him I have a 1995 UD special edition gold I'd gladly trade ya to get the collection started off.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Are those the only 2 players you are considering Keith?

What about Football?

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Good morning.

Day 2 of 3 of the holiday week. Dreary and rainy though. :(

Wife bought the Thanksgiving food yesterday! :mrgreen:

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Thanks for the replies guys.
I am leaning toward Buhner. Is anyone aware of a Buhner collector?

Dan, I do dabble in Football. My guy is Drew Bledsoe.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
klute14 said:
Thanks for the replies guys.
I am leaning toward Buhner. Is anyone aware of a Buhner collector?

Dan, I do dabble in Football. My guy is Drew Bledsoe.

Maybe consider adding to Bledsoe with another player or two, since football is so popular right now and so much is available. What other players do you like aside from Bledsoe?

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Good morning guys. Thanks for the comments about the Rivera, I am pretty excited about it. I can't wait to see what these cards look like, I'm waiting for more Sterling to be opened.

Keith, the only Buhner collector I know from The Bench, and she has a pretty complete collection. Her Randy Johnson collection is also absurd, 6047/8048 cards, or 75%!!
http://bigunitfan.webs.com/jaybuhnerwantlist.htm

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
klute14 said:
MT'ers....

I have a couple of dilema's that I could use some help on.

First, is there anyone that is going to be on Blowout Friday for their deals? I am going to be @ my mother-in-laws where she doesn't have a computer.
I am looking for a particular product. If anyone can help please PM me and I will give you the details.

Secondly, my player collections are drying up. My Dave Kingman and Rob Dibble collections are over 90% complete so finding the last few cards is a challenge.
My Jim Rice collection, although it's my top priority, is slowing down due to lack of releases. I just stated my Dave Parker collection which is going great.
But like everything else, I need more! :D

I am considering two players that I have always had a fondness for.

Jay Buhner and Billy Wagner.

My question to you is, which player would I encounter the least amount of collectors vying for their cards?

Thoughts?

I think you should go with Jay Buhner..

I keep looking to find him on a Pirates card, but still haven't found one.. He was drafted by the Pirates and then traded to the Yankees..

I have picked up a few cards of his since he's still a fan favorite here..(these are just a couple I have scanned)

buhner-leg-lineage-1.jpg

jb1.jpg

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Buhner

Hands down.

Great guy too...signed my M's cap at Spring Training.

Morning

George! Incredible! Get that stuff scanned.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
thefatguy said:
Buhner

Hands down.

Great guy too...signed my M's cap at Spring Training.

Morning

George! Incredible! Get that stuff scanned.

I've got a nasty hat I had him sign before a M's game last year.. When he was signing it, he looked at me and smiled since it was well used!!.. He's a down to earth guy as well..

Members online