Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thinking about re-scanning my Slabbed RC Collection.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
for someone thats mega-anal about his collection, my slabs are all over the place in my room.
i need to re-organize and re-scan them all. ugh, it's a lot of work though! lol

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
You gotta show off TBP Vault when your done. Maybe start a new show off your vault thread. FCB cribs style. Episode one Vaults of TBP , GC and JP.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I understand reorganizing, but why rescan them? IMO you seem to have some of the nicest, consistent scans from card to card of anyone here!

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Any time some ass screws with the scanner settings at the office, any time some ass breaks a scanner at the office, any time some ass buys a new scanner for the office even though the old one still worked fine....I have to rescan everything. I like all my scans to be the exact same size. I have a formula: whatever settings the scanner is at, resize everything in Window Picture viewer to 70%. Voilà. And then some jerk changes one minute thing and it screws it all up (translation: I don't know how to use the scanner other than the ON and SCAN buttons)

I feel your pain

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
i think i may have an addiction...

ASlabProblem.jpg

these are my modern non-dupes rc slabs. not pictured are my 500 club slabs and any other crap that ive collected lol

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
I feel your pain..I have been in the process of rescanning my Josh Beckett PC on and off for 3 1/2 months now.

Jared

Oct 22, 2009
Dang, that's a sweet picture.

Do you have a count of how many you have in total? PSA? BGS? Other?

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
Did you have to stand on a latter to get the pick from that angle E? Soon those cards will be touching the ceiling, haha!

ThoseBackPages said:
i think i may have an addiction...

ASlabProblem.jpg

these are my modern non-dupes rc slabs. not pictured are my 500 club slabs and any other crap that ive collected lol

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
JoshHamilton said:
Any time some ass screws with the scanner settings at the office, any time some ass breaks a scanner at the office, any time some ass buys a new scanner for the office even though the old one still worked fine....I have to rescan everything. I like all my scans to be the exact same size. I have a formula: whatever settings the scanner is at, resize everything in Window Picture viewer to 70%. Voilà. And then some jerk changes one minute thing and it screws it all up (translation: I don't know how to use the scanner other than the ON and SCAN buttons)

I feel your pain
No wonder you are so ******* angry all the time.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
for someone thats mega-anal about his collection, my slabs are all over the place in my room.

You need to set up a consult with pghbuccos (Dave). He will make you feel much better about your chaos and provide a sense of normalcy when he tells you the tales of his obsession with card organization :)

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
MojoDan said:
ThoseBackPages said:

You need to set up a consult with pghbuccos (Dave). He will make you feel much better about your chaos and provide a sense of normalcy when he tells you the tales of his obsession with card organization :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Eric I recently rescanned all 1,166 cards in my Jason Bay collection and it took about 5 months. I didn't work on it everyday but it certainly took a felt like I did. I am very happy with the results and I too am extremely anal retentive about organizing my collection. I gained quite the reputation for being the most organized collector on FCB. I can find a card in 1 of my 8 boxes in a matter of seconds. I have jokingly told my fellow Morning Thread members that I am going to take a cross country tour (with a stop in Calgary) to reorganize all their chaos.

that is a monstrous stack of slabs. good luck and trust me when you are done you will be very happy with the results.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Ugh, this IS a big job, just as i thought it would be.
I'm going to have to take it year by year. i was able
to get 1980 - 1991 done today so far

Members online

Latest posts