Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Chrome or Bowman Chrome?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boxbreaker

Aug 9, 2008
cgilmo said:
the bowman checklist is very very very strong

the topps autograph checklist isn't

I always go with the better checklist.

i am very out of the loop...who are the strong names in the checklist so far? thanks a ton.

pikeman80

Jul 1, 2010
Irvine, CA
Wallace was probably scratched because he was under exclusive contract with Razor until he made the majors. He tried to get out of his contract early but it was denied and thus I believe Topps scratched him. His recent call up is probably too late for a product due out in late September.

brentandbecca

May 17, 2010
gocubsgo said:
Bowman Chrome is the glamorous pick to break, but Topps Chrome is the best value for the money hands down.

- Bowman Chrome will be coming out after Topps Chrome and U&H the third week of October. Collectors don't have unlimited funds so that has to have an impact on overall BC sales. At this point Strasburg may be shut down for over two months.
- Bowman Chorme has only 18 packs per box vs. Topps Chrome at 24 packs per box. The value of those extra cards adds up pretty quick.
- The inserts in Topps Chrome will add a ton of value that Bowman Chrome can't deliver.
- Yes 80% of the Topps Chrome auto checklist is crap, but you get two autos per box and with only 24 autos in the set almost every case is going to yield a Heyward, Davis and Jackson RC auto with a nice shot at some color. There are still a few TBD RC autos and if Topps adds a player like Stanton, Posey, Brown or Castro the value is even better. They added Hanson last year so hopefully Topps can work some magic. Posey is signing for Updates so that might be a safe bet.
- You will have over 55 autos in Topps Chrome and every year Topps manages to include the late season call-ups in Topps Chome. On a large case break that means tons of low #d refractors and chrome RCs that will sell very well.
- The wild card will be the Strasburg autos. He is likely going to be an SP auto in Topps Chrome so that will be a tough hit. Strasburg was supposed to be a regular non-SP auto in Bowman Chrome but based on comments from the town hall at the National it sounds like Strasburg will be an SP auto since they are going to crank up the presses.

Great post Brian...
Also, TC already has added autos that are great, Mets Japanese pitcher signed today, see Topps twitter
ALSO, do not forget EVERY BOX has a box topper in TC!!! Refractors for 55 Rookies!!! Hello????
Strasburg is in there and I doubt he is very SP, wasn't in Tribute & will not be in T206 I hear
The inserts & refractors are huge...I am selling the 50-card Heritage chrome sets for $350 IF Strasburg is in it (that would be nice) & 4200 IF he is not
I could go on & on, from a ripper stand point, this is by far the safer choice
Not talking about a guy just starting or doing 1,2,3 cases but more
I have 30 cases, so I can make refractor sets, blue ref sets, etc

BC seems to always be a better choice for case flipper, as it moves up based on prospect potential
Right now with additions to TC autos & USA compared to scratches from BC & USA, and the fact that you get DOUBLE the autos per case

I like TC this year

scottiff

Aug 10, 2008
Kentucky
Nice follow up Brent. I had forgotten all about the box toppers. Man this is going to be a blast. I have 15 cases coming and can't wait.

gocubsgo

Aug 7, 2008
I haven't seen any news where Topps Chrome will have box toppers? If that is true great news an even better value vs. Bowman Chrome.

To bust Bowman Chrome at $200 more than Topps Chrome is insane. The prospect list has nothing that will drive sales of 20 count lots and the Strasburg injury will hurt sales.

I also heard that Starlin Castro will have an auto in Topps Chrome.

Canocollector#1

Aug 16, 2008
BIG APPLE
gocubsgo said:
I haven't seen any news where Topps Chrome will have box toppers? If that is true great news an even better value vs. Bowman Chrome.

To bust Bowman Chrome at $200 more than Topps Chrome is insane. The prospect list has nothing that will drive sales of 20 count lots and the Strasburg injury will hurt sales.

I also heard that Starlin Castro will have an auto in Topps Chrome.

Where?

brentandbecca

May 17, 2010
problem with BC too is that the 20-ct prospect lots will be SOOOO much tougher than any year before due to added usa chromes and chrome insert cards!!!!!

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
Canocollector#1 said:
spcollector said:
scottiff said:
I don't disagree on the auto checklist but that is not why I bought in. It was Strasburg and the inserts. The fact that he is a base and an auto means lots of parallels to pull. Strasburg being very possibly done for the season will have a negative impact on the product but if he comes back to pitch at least one more good start all will be well. And I still go back to per box price. Of course I got my cases of both for basically the same price per.

Can someone post the Bowman Chrome Auto checklist and the Topps Chrome Auto checklist. I cant seem to find them...
BC:
TBD
Adeinis Hechavarria
Aroldis Chapman
Dee Gordon
Brett Wallace
Kyle Gibson
Max Kepler
Shelby Miller
Miguel Sano
Brett Oberholtzer
Gary Sanchez
Jacob Turner
Josh Satin
Matt Davidson
Arodys Vizcaino
TBD
Robinson Chirinos
Trayce Thompson
TBD
Corban Joseph
Noel Arguelles
Tim Beckham
Yonder Alonzo
Juan Urbina
Stephen Strasburg

TC:
Jason Heyward
Scott Sizemore
Mike Leake
Austin Jackson
Allen Craig
Jenrry Mejia
Bryan Anderson
Ruben Tejada
Drew Butera
Ike Davis
Jon Link
Jesse English
Tyson Ross
Ian Desmond
Mik McCoy
Tommy Manzella

Aside from Burg, you left these off of the TC Auto checklist...

Kanekoa Texeira
Michael Brantley
Daniel McCutchen
TBD
Sergio Santos
Alex Burnett
Wilson Ramos
TBD
TBD

Members online